Team SuperNova

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never Mind. I won't continue because apprently, Name: WORDS HERE doesn't work and because : is for chatting/texting! Ugh. People these days... They just don't understand different writing styles... >:1

Last edited by a moderator:
Never Mind. I won't continue because apprently, Name: WORDS HERE doesn't work and because : is for chatting/texting! Ugh. People these days... They just don't understand different writing styles... >:1
WAT?! Really? :OO

I was REALLY enjoying the story too!

Actually, that wasn't my main point. My point is, if you use :, that replaces said, or any other words that aren't what the character is saying.. So if you use the :, you have to have it Name: Words here *action here*. Or you have to go classic and do the "Words here" said Name. I wasn't criticizing your writing style, I'm trying to correct it so you can be a better writer. The point of asking people how your fic was is also to get critique so you know how to correct what you may have done wrong. Your story itself is okay, I am just bothered by your "Writing style", which is really just an incorrect use.

And giving up a story because someone criticized you is stupid, you yourself said:

So... Do you like it so far? I'm not to good at this, but give me full criticism.
So just because I gave you full criticism, you're going to quit? You asked for full criticism, so I gave you full criticism.

Example of how the : should be used: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/3639191/1/ThunderClan_at_the_

Example of how the "" should be used: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7074999/1/Into_the_Night

Whatever. I only write when I do it my style. And you make me think my style sucks and shouldn't be continued throughout the story. Well fine. >:1

By the way, I asked for criticism on the story. Not the dang writing style. Also, I don't care if it bothers you. It isn't bothering anyone else now is it? >:1

You said full criticism, and didn't specify what exactly you wanted it on. And as I said, you can either use my critique or ignore it. I don't think your style sucks either, I just think it needs some fixing and then it will be okay. Please don't jump to conclusions.

Oh, and if you are going to complain about how I'm the only one criticizing your story, go ask some of of the people who post in Stuff We Write to read your story and critique it. Especially Jadeie- not jadine, but Jadeie. She's a good writer and can help you.

Ah, PokemonKid, I don't wish to offend you, but Runner is right. Your writing style is perfectly creative and endearing (it really is!), but it's hard to read for oldschool readers like me, who don't understand new writing styles very well. :lol:

Helpful criticism sometimes hurts, but usually proves helpful in the long run. Keep writing! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back