Teen Preganancy

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthParkPikachu

Reaction score
Ok, this is a big issue. It sorta bothers me how teens get pregnant at a very young age like 13.

Then once the guy finds out that there girlfriend is pregnant he leaves her and shes left to raise the baby or even get a abortion. i will never have kids because ive seen in malls and places how kids can be a real pain in the behind. :angry: And also, theres this girl at my school who is 14 and she is 3 mounths pregnant, this is a true event!

So what are your opinions on teen pregnancy?

Teen pregnancy is definately a problem, and I honestly think that the teens that get pregnant are really irresponsible. However, there isn't much you or I can do about it so we just have to let it be.

Teen pregnancy is really bad. In the long term, it just about ruins your chances of getting to go to college or get a good job because you're stuck taking care of a little kid that requires all of your attention.

Though I don't condone teen pregnancy or getting pregnant out of wedlock, there are people out there who make it just fine after having children and go back to school, graduate, get a job, have a career, etc. I have friends and other classmates who are living proof of this. It bothers me too how people are having sex at younger and younger ages these days but all I'm saying is that those who get pregnant earlier than they expected are not necessarily doomed for life. Plans for a job, career, college, etc. may be delayed and made more difficult to achieve because of pregnancy but her quest for success (whatever that may be for her) really depends on what a woman wants to make out of her life in the end and how she manages her time.

Teen pregnancy can cause problems in the long term for those involved, but as OldSchoolTama said, it doesn’t necessarily need to mess things up. Yes, it may delay plans, but it wont always mess everything up. I also know people who are living proof of this.

I guess mistakes can happen, and do sometimes, and teens aren’t prepared for this. Its a difficult decision and the couple needs to decide what is best for them (according to their situation, belief system etc).

Ok, I think I might have a bit of a record here.

Ok, so I'm in 6th grade, (then) mindin' my own buisness, boys not even on the radar, and I have this friend. To protect her privacy I will call her Katie. So Katie is my friend, she's nice, she's a bit....rebelious but she's fun. And she has a boyfriend at age 11. I didn't think much of this and she's fun to hang out with.

Ok, fast-forward about a month.

Katie pulls me aside and tells me in this real wierd voice that she's pregnate. At age 11.

Ok, so your thinking she's lying? Or maybe I'm making this up? Well I'm in 8th grade now and I asked her again last year, if that was true. She said yes.

This seriously distrubed me that at age 11 she: 1) had a boyfriend 2) He thought of her that way 3) She thought of him that way 4) They were able to do so right under their parent's noses' 4) She spread the rumor around like it was some kind of trophy.

So, I'm not trying to slam her or anything, because she's still my friend and lots of fun to hang with, but doesn't this disturb anyone else?

It's really sort of disturbing. Already the girls in my class are... how you say, 'falling' for the boys. (For the record, I'm not.) The girls always want to go down to the field where the boys play soccer all the time. I mean, they're nice boys, some of them, but every day my friends drag me along with them. Great time to bring a sketchbook. Anyhow, I'm really worried for my friends that they might get pregnant at age 13 or something. I really disapprove of teenage pregnancy, and how these kids can be so irresponsible.

It's deffentily a problem. Half of our high school is pregnet. I know a girl who did it with a guy last year(7th grade) It's crazy what teens do. Like most of my 8th grade class does drugs and brags about it. ( I do not. I would NEVER EVER do drugs. Gross. >.<) it's just gross.

It's deffentily a problem. Half of our high school is pregnet. I know a girl who did it with a guy last year(7th grade) It's crazy what teens do. Like most of my 8th grade class does drugs and brags about it. ( I do not. I would NEVER EVER do drugs. Gross. >.<) it's just gross.
Good for you, being mature and not doing drugs! It's very uppsetting. I mean, they brag about doing drugs? Now that is a problem.

...Wait, do the teachers at your school even know this is going on?

Last edited by a moderator:
I can not express my hate Towards Teen mom + 16 and Pregnant.

The shows are realistic, and show how hard raising a baby may be, but it's almost saying "Get pregnant now, and get money to be on tv" It's terrible, and teen pregnancy rates are like.. so high. (hah, that sounds funny.) These teen moms are on the cover of People magazine for not being cautious, having a baby, and may not get their high school diploma. Honestly, if teens use a condom I don't really see an issue with having sex. But most teens arent as cautious.. they don't realize a baby could change their life. A baby is not just an "accessory"

I can not express my hate Towards Teen mom + 16 and Pregnant.

The shows are realistic, and show how hard raising a baby may be, but it's almost saying "Get pregnant now, and get money to be on tv" It's terrible, and teen pregnancy rates are like.. so high. (hah, that sounds funny.) These teen moms are on the cover of People magazine for not being cautious, having a baby, and may not get their high school diploma. Honestly, if teens use a condom I don't really see an issue with having sex. But most teens arent as cautious.. they don't realize a baby could change their life. A baby is not just an "accessory"
I agree with all the Propaganda and that entire teen mom buzz.

But some teens DO use condoms. I used both condoms AND birth control and still became pregnant. One very common mistake is that when girls are on birth control and get sick or something, doctors give them antibiotics, the antibiotics cancel out the birth control, and doctors NEVER seem to mention that side effect. And I mean there not all of them are purposely trying to get pregnant. Accidents happen. I agree with the fact that it IS terrible and the pregnancy rate is very high but you can’t do anything about it.

Ok, I think I might have a bit of a record here.

Ok, so I'm in 6th grade, (then) mindin' my own buisness, boys not even on the radar, and I have this friend. To protect her privacy I will call her Katie. So Katie is my friend, she's nice, she's a bit....rebelious but she's fun. And she has a boyfriend at age 11. I didn't think much of this and she's fun to hang out with.

Ok, fast-forward about a month.

Katie pulls me aside and tells me in this real wierd voice that she's pregnate. At age 11.

Ok, so your thinking she's lying? Or maybe I'm making this up? Well I'm in 8th grade now and I asked her again last year, if that was true. She said yes.

This seriously distrubed me that at age 11 she: 1) had a boyfriend 2) He thought of her that way 3) She thought of him that way 4) They were able to do so right under their parent's noses' 4) She spread the rumor around like it was some kind of trophy.

So, I'm not trying to slam her or anything, because she's still my friend and lots of fun to hang with, but doesn't this disturb anyone else?
wait, so she was pregnant in 6th grade? Is there any proof of this two years later? (like, idk, a baby? was she mysteriously gone for 9 months?) Either way that is just downright disturbing, whether its true or not. And to even brag about something like that at such a young age is just gross, not to mention that at 11 years old i doubt a girl is mature enough to get pregnant, except maybe in rare cases.

although, i heard a story about some girl who was pregnant when she was 4 years old, now that's disturbing. Apparently she got her period at 18 months or something. If that's true i feel awful for her and her parents.

Good for you, being mature and not doing drugs! It's very uppsetting. I mean, they brag about doing drugs? Now that is a problem.

...Wait, do the teachers at your school even know this is going on?
Yes they do know what's going on. Its getting taken cared

of. It's just a group of like 10 people. And they brag about it to their friends and I happen to hear sometimes. I tend to exaggerate. I'm sorry. Lol

:unsure: Teen preganacy is a big problem here too. It is so awful that the man leaves her. I think that they should have sex but use real cauion and be protective! :D :angry: :p

wait, so she was pregnant in 6th grade? Is there any proof of this two years later? (like, idk, a baby? was she mysteriously gone for 9 months?) Either way that is just downright disturbing, whether its true or not. And to even brag about something like that at such a young age is just gross, not to mention that at 11 years old i doubt a girl is mature enough to get pregnant, except maybe in rare cases.

although, i heard a story about some girl who was pregnant when she was 4 years old, now that's disturbing. Apparently she got her period at 18 months or something. If that's true i feel awful for her and her parents.
how is is possible to get your period at 18 months? i'm nearly 11 and i haven't got mine yet!

An article I found about a 5-year old mother.

Yeah, I don't actually know how it's possible either, but some people are just different.

Mother Nature's ways.
Thats actually very scary. Teen Pregnancy is a big problem. No one at my school has had it,(Or I at least think so.....) But I hear my friend Name Here talking about having her period. She also say that she wishes she could have sex(Sorry if against the rules. Just trying to explain) with her Boyfriend as she says.

I definety can see where this is a serious problem these days. There are pregnant girls on my school, did I mention I'm in middle school? Also, there are people that are chIldren to people who were teen parents. It all starts when people at a very young age date. One of bffs has a sister that had many problems, one of which being a teen mom. When I used to see the kids from the elementary buildings dating, I thought it was innocent. But I have guy friends and gal pals that dated young, and it only lead to drama. Once your a teen, it's fine, no doubt (to date, not get pregnant) but the pregnant teens are normally the kids thT dated when 10 while there parents thought it was 'cute'. Have a crush, but be a kid, enjoy your life ;)

I'm 18 and I know at least 8 girls my age who are pregnant or have recently given birth.

I think the maturity level plays a bigger part than age, which is why so many people dissaprove of teenage mums. (because they're too young, immature. etc)

But not all teenage parents are immature. Some of them are actually really responsible and try their best to look after the baby. There's some mums who are like 40 but their age doesn't mean they aren't irresponsible of their kids.

But yeah, I have seen teen mums around who are irresponsible little brats. I think having a baby should wait until you're old enough to be able to handle it and be responsible, whatever age that might be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back