Teen Preganancy

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a serious topic (hurray for me being the 20th person to say this).

I'm only 11 and in Aussie school - Our school works like 6 years olds in prep (Grade 0), 7 year olds in Grade 1 and so On 'til 11/12/13 in Grade 6. Then highschool.

I know a girl, I'll name her Simone. Simone wasn't my friend - but she wasn't a virgin, she had boyfriends around the age of 17 - her being 12. She had a miscarriage, proved by her telling me face to face. She was overweight and people said she was pregnant, but it was kind of hard to tell. But she had a miscarriage - maybe even two. My memory sucks. She had sex willingly.

Another case - hanging with a stranger at the park across the road that was far younger than me. He was around eightish. He got way into detail but he has had sexual intercourse already and was extremely perverted. I got the hell out of there once my friend had to leave. I swear that kid is going to get some foolish girl pregnant under-aged someday. tsk tsk tsk.

But some of these teen mums are raped - so don't look at that pregnant teen passerby with a dirty look. (1 in 3 women are raped - it's very common but some people are afraid to admit to being raped - or have been killed. 1 in 5 men are raped if you wanted to know.)

I was a teen mom... And I won't lie, it's hard. I got pregnant at 17, at the beginning of my senior year. And I wasn't a rebel, or someone who didn't want to go to school or irresponsible...sometimes things just happen, and you can regret it all you want, but when I looked at my baby boy, I pushed myself to get an education and give him the life he deserved. And I got lucky and hit the jackpot with the man who I had my baby with because he is such a wonderful father, and boyfriend. He's even going to college to be an astronomer. Teen pregnancy is bad, but not everyone has a bad life after having their baby. Some people fight for their education. Some people try and do all they can to make sure they give themselves the lives they deserve and all they wanted, and work hard for their child as well. I love my son and I would never change a thing!!!

I have known some people who were teen moms that turned out really well and were terrific parents!

I also know some people who are adults and have kids and shouldn't have had any children in the first place...

You do stack the odds against you getting pregnant at a younger age. Things will be tough and you will have to make a lot more difficult decisions. And unfortunately, not every guy that sleeps with a gal is ready to be a dad so it might mean a girl has to do it all on her own (maybe with help from family if she is lucky).

So, I don't say it's a good thing, but it can work out too. The ONLY time I look down on anyone (teen mom or not) is when they have bratty kids that don't behave and the parents are absolutely clueless as to how to handle that properly. :<

I definitely think there needs to be a cultural change of heart towards sex education in this country. I don't know why people think it's scary and dirty to talk about OR that it should be swept under the carpet and only teach about abstinence. It was horrifying to listen to the questions some girls had in sex ed when I was in high school, that they didn't already know that at 16, but at least they have their facts right now. There just needs to be an openness about it so that people can learn that it is a risk especially when you are younger and how that would effect your life. There is nothing worse than ignorance.

-Purn

I will admit, I am a teen mom. I had my son at 18 with the man I am now married to. I was not just a slut that did not understand protection or how babies were made. I just was engaged and it only took one time, my first time actually, and five weeks later, I got a positive on my test.

When I finally had my son, it was harder than I ever imagined. I mean, I knew it would be tough but it jumped to a whole other level when I realized completely that my life would be devoted to him for the next 18 years at least. My needs would always come second after his. Also, he was a spitter and colicky (cry alot and for a ling time for no reason). It's gotten easier in some ways and harder in others.

Believe me, I didn't want to get pregnant in hopes of being on TV but there are some that do and more often than not, they don't end up on TV. But honestly, I think it's a failure on the parent's part to educate and the attitude that teens feel they are adults at a younger age than before that causes teen pregnancy, not a TV show. Plus there are teens that can provide for their kids, not all are immature brats.

Anyone watch teen mom? I do and get really pi**ed bc Farrah is an unbelievably terrible person!
Every time I begin to have sympathy to her she goes ahead and talks down to her parents. Girl, there are thousands of teens who're dying for the support they're trying to give you! Suck it up and take their free rent!

Honestly, it's a very serious problem, i go to a school were kids 'do it' all the time, and sometimes, it really disturbs. I'm in 9th by the way.

I don't really have anything against it both of the parents are responsible and committed, and genuinely want to go through with having a child.

I do, however, dislike the shows made about teen pregnancy that glamourize it incredibly and make it seem soooo great even though it's difficult and whatever else.

That's just me, though.

I do, however, dislike the shows made about teen pregnancy that glamourize it incredibly and make it seem soooo great even though it's difficult and whatever else.

same i hate those shows to

as well one of my friends is pregnant to D':

i feel so bad for her... :(

Last edited by a moderator:
ok im a little sick of this stereotype "guys only want sex" its really making me look bad.

just because im a teen boy.

it maybe true that a lot of teen males do (minus me) want it, but to be honest most girls

have the same desire...

so im just saying that im getting annoyed by that stereotype. :(

peace!

ok im a little sick of this stereotype "guys only want sex" its really making me look bad.

just because im a teen boy.

it maybe true that a lot of teen males do (minus me) want it, but to be honest most girls

have the same desire...

so im just saying that im getting annoyed by that stereotype. :(

peace!
That's very true Nazotchi. I agree with you. I think there are plenty of girls out there that are plenty delusional and all they think about is getting knocked up cause it will make them popular and mature. ::bleck::

I also know of plenty of inequalities of the justice system when it comes to guys. Guys get a bad wrap where children are involved.

I had a friend once who worked his tail off and was a super amazing dad - like the guy was just meant to be a dad. His ex-wife had been in jail before and was a terrible mother, but the court system sided with HER. O_O he had to pay out the nose in child support fees and all this other kinda crap even though he should have been the choice in the matter cause he was sane and hadn't been to jail.

I also know plenty of women who basically live off their ex or baby daddy just cause they can cause the courts will allow this kinda thing to happen. It's terrible! Honestly as much as there may be abuse of women and girls - there is plenty of "legal" abuse back towards the men.

-Purn

That's very true Nazotchi. I agree with you. I think there are plenty of girls out there that are plenty delusional and all they think about is getting knocked up cause it will make them popular and mature. ::bleck::

I also know of plenty of inequalities of the justice system when it comes to guys. Guys get a bad wrap where children are involved.

I had a friend once who worked his tail off and was a super amazing dad - like the guy was just meant to be a dad. His ex-wife had been in jail before and was a terrible mother, but the court system sided with HER. O_O he had to pay out the nose in child support fees and all this other kinda crap even though he should have been the choice in the matter cause he was sane and hadn't been to jail.

I also know plenty of women who basically live off their ex or baby daddy just cause they can cause the courts will allow this kinda thing to happen. It's terrible! Honestly as much as there may be abuse of women and girls - there is plenty of "legal" abuse back towards the men.

-Purn

Indeed, my friend, indeed, and as well thanks for understanding me, not much other people do.

one thing i don't understand is, that the legal age to "do it" here is 16 (im in Canada btw) which i think it should be raised to something like 18. but i don't see that happening. sadly.

one thing i don't understand is, that the legal age to "do it" here is 16 (im in Canada btw) which i think it should be raised to something like 18. but i don't see that happening. sadly.
Legit question: How is one supposed to enforce such a law? It wasn't long ago the age was fourteen.

I think it's more important to enforce education so that youth can make informed decisions, regardless of whether or not they have sex. My school had a strict policy of 'abstinence only' education. Yeah, that pretty much failed on every level with the majority of students, not to mention the pregnancies that could have been prevented with proper education.

i dunno how there supposed to.

just one of those ironic things
I always felt the "legal" age thing was supposed to be used more so by people looking in rather than those in the relationship. I can't remember what the age is in America anymore, but really it was like, even if you were say 16 and slept with someone who was 15 - that was considered rape. Apparently cause it's the "age of consent" and anything before that you are apparently too stupid to make your mind up yourself about... Personally - I think that system gets abused too much. Some young lovers get involved and do the deed and when one breaks up and the heart broken one being younger can say that the other person "raped" them - then that person gets a permanent mark on their record as a sex-offender. Honestly, I find there is no decency in this country anymore, every ones just trying to screw over someone else for something.

-Purn

I always felt the "legal" age thing was supposed to be used more so by people looking in rather than those in the relationship. I can't remember what the age is in America anymore, but really it was like, even if you were say 16 and slept with someone who was 15 - that was considered rape. Apparently cause it's the "age of consent" and anything before that you are apparently too stupid to make your mind up yourself about... Personally - I think that system gets abused too much. Some young lovers get involved and do the deed and when one breaks up and the heart broken one being younger can say that the other person "raped" them - then that person gets a permanent mark on their record as a sex-offender. Honestly, I find there is no decency in this country anymore, every ones just trying to screw over someone else for something.

-Purn
there really wasn't ever decentcy in any country, seeing in the governments of any place. only seem to be able to run their country broke.

I'm 21 and never have been pregnant, thankfully.

Although, I understand why the age is typicall 15-16.

When I was 16, I had my first boyfriend. We were both virgins and eventually let it happen.

Now after, it became something that we did a lot.

I'm a mature person, even when I was younger. I'm not sure if it was hormones or what but I did not think as logically during those times with him.

I am very thankful that I never became pregnant because I admit at that age I was convinced that a method other than using a condom (can't say on here) would prevent pregnancy.

I have been celibate for over a year, not due to religious reasons, but because too many men at my college just want that and not a committed, caring relationship.

I cannot judge too much because my mother had my sister when she was 16. She had me 15 years later. She's a smart woman who I think just either wasn't informed or was lost in the moment.

It happens.

I'm just saddened that girls are having intercourse earlier and earlier.

I know of a girl who is only 13 and now has herpes from one of her many partners already. At 13!

Teen pregnancy is really bad. In the long term, it just about ruins your chances of getting to go to college or get a good job because you're stuck taking care of a little kid that requires all of your attention.
Lol. Pregnancy does not ruin your chances of going back to school or getting a good job. That would mean it's hard for all parents. Yes it can damage your chances, but it doesn't ruin them -___-

Not sure where you got your logic from.

I don't really have anything against it both of the parents are responsible and committed, and genuinely want to go through with having a child.

That's just me, though.
Are you serious? I watch those teen mom shows. They do NOT make it look glamorous. In fact, the moms say it's the hardest thing they've ever had to do. Why don't you try actually watching those shows instead of talking like you have, when clearly, you haven't..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back