Teenagers

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inSANE

Reaction score
They gonna clean up your looks,

,with all the lies and the books,

to make a citizen out of you.

Because they sleep with a gun,

and keep an eye on you, son,

so they can wach all the things you do.

Because the drugs never work,

they gonna give you a smirk,

'cuz they got methods of keeping ya clean...

All MCR fans know Gerard Way (lead singer) went through a time peroid when he took drugs and was an alcholic. Then he hit rock bottom. He was doing cocaine and was rarely sober. And this was during their second album. Now on their third album they have this song Teenagers which is litrally about teenagers. But as I just realized today (or my brain just connected) that mabye Gerard was talking about his own experiences with drugs so this was his way of telling everyone that he knows how drugs affect you better than any scientest because he had first-hand experience. So do you think that Gerard is saying that he knows why you want to try drugs but he is saying that they do nothing but ruin your life?

I've never thought about that...

But it makes perfect sense.

I think you're right.

Most song writers write their songs about personal experiences & their own feelings. So it would make sense that he would write about a very emotional time in his life & put it into his album.

Music is a release, isn't it?

^^^^^ exactly. But The Black Parade is about the Paitent so I think that the paitent is really everyone and their phobias ex: cancer (the song cancer), death (the song dead, the end), losing someone they love (with out you is how I dissapear) so mabye thej Paitent and an ulterior motive.

^^^ I don't know it came to me while I was typing.

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=7pt]-claps- Man, I don't even realize half of these things. MCR can tell a lot[/SIZE] in their songs.

[SIZE=7pt]-claps- Man, I don't even realize half of these things. MCR can tell a lot[/SIZE] in their songs.
I know, MCR is "emo" in the way that they are emotionfull (<-- that a word?) but, when people call MCR "emo" they mean suicide cult-ness. So I get mad at them...figures. (P.S. Looks like there is another species of dino huh i e r o s a u r? First the torosaurus and now the Ierosaur1)

[SIZE=7pt]I agree. People do that to many other good bands too. Psh.[/SIZE]

-shakes head-

Haha, yeah. I was like "If there is Torosaurus, why can't there be a Ierosaur?"

yay for your siggy! Anyway...(yeah sure I'll take any Way) but, I guess that alot of people say, "Hey their music isn't pop, therefore they are satinests..."

Latest posts

Back