terrified

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cluck_cluck_chicken

Reaction score
i'm really afraid of ducks and can't get over this fear. I hate it and live next to a river where ducks live. I'm terrified cos when I was little 3 ducks attacked me and have never gotten over it. Addvice needed

I'm also afraid of water and won't drink it but i have a swim instructor helping get over the fear and i can swim again (I almost drowned once and have always been afriad to drink water) I don't know why

EDIT: I'm not afraid of ducklings just ducks

Last edited by a moderator:
you should go down to the river after school or something with a best friend or family member and take some bread or food and feed the ducks and get to no them and you should gradually get over your fear especaially if you start to bond with a particular duck/s.

ill say strike at them.
No, eh...don't do that unless they DO attack you.

As Elmo said, go down to the river with a friend or family member, throw some

bread and watch.

yer wateva you do DON'T attack the ducks unless you want to relive what happened to you when you were little

you should go down to the river after school or something with a best friend or family member and take some bread or food and feed the ducks and get to no them and you should gradually get over your fear especaially if you start to bond with a particular duck/s.
Yeah, I agree.

And your fear is not that stupid. My grade 6 teacher's sister is afraid of buttons! :)

Yeah, I agree.
And your fear is not that stupid. My grade 6 teacher's sister is afraid of buttons! :)
Buttons!?!? Oh well i'm also afraid of watching charlie and the chocolate factory because i'm petrifed of ommpa lommpa's but they are easy to avoid. just don't watch.

but ducks follow me.

Once I tried the river thing and they came really close my friend said "look. they like you. give them the bread." they came really close and then I freaked out and screamed. I can't take them anymore.

Don't worry, almost everyone has Fears. I have feared (which I still have) Charlie/Willy Wonka and the chocolate factory of VIOLET BLOWING UP for a long time. But to get rid of that, look at your comments, they'll help. But my idea is just feed them bread or something or just walk around them. But remember, whatever you do, DON'T attack the ducks. (Sorry if I said don''t meanly.)

Last edited by a moderator:
OK.... For water.

You HAVE to drink water to live. Just take small sips and then you'll like it again. And for water, it took me until age 7 to swim in the deep water. >.<

And for ducks....

Awww! They follow you? They must think you're their mother! When they follow you, throw bead in the water and walk towards and over the bread. They'll relise the bread and then go home. Mission complete!

You could go to the river. Walk as close as you can to the river until you get scared. Stay there for half a minute or so and then leave. Just remember where you were. Now next time you get the chance try walking closer. Once you're able to get pretty close, bring some bread and feed the ducks :)

Everyone is scared of SOMETHING, even if they say they aren't. I am afraid of Halloween masks(weird, right?), and to be honest, sometimes ducks make me nervous. As for water, it's just something you gradually become comfortable with, and learning to swim is very important. I just learned how to swim in deep water.

Don't worry, you will eventually face your fears! They aren't silly, they're a natural part of life!

Hope I helped,

Memetchi Dreamer

i'm really afraid of ducks and can't get over this fear. I hate it and live next to a river where ducks live. I'm terrified cos when I was little 3 ducks attacked me and have never gotten over it. Addvice neededI'm also afraid of water and won't drink it but i have a swim instructor helping get over the fear and i can swim again (I almost drowned once and have always been afriad to drink water) I don't know why

EDIT: I'm not afraid of ducklings just ducks
R U HYDROPHOBIC?????

R U HYDROPHOBIC?????
Extreamly. I got a swim coach to help me get back into the water. I once was a champion swimmer then I nearly died in a pool accident been terrified since. as for drinking water, I don't know why i'm just terrified. My mum has to put food colouring in so its not normal water colour. Have no idea why but I am to scared to drink clear liquids.

Maybe you should get a pet duckling and look after it after a while it will grow into a duck but you will be so attached to it that you wont mind.

I don't know what the likely-ness of getting a pet duckling is but hey, it's worth a try. :lol:

You can't be afraid to drink water if you drink juice or lot's of other liquids including squash, because they usually contain water in them.

Ducks. A very awkward fear...

If you go down the the river and sit a distance away from the water, watch the ducks. Everytime you think your ready, sit a bit closer, maybe then you will get really used to them, and end up remembering that they are pretty harmless, and just creatures living their lives.

Good luck. xx

hahaa know how ya feel.

im afraid that when im sleeping a bug will bite my hand under my pillow..

im extremly afraid of spiders..

You can't be afraid to drink water if you drink juice or lot's of other liquids including squash, because they usually contain water in them.
Ducks. A very awkward fear...

If you go down the the river and sit a distance away from the water, watch the ducks. Everytime you think your ready, sit a bit closer, maybe then you will get really used to them, and end up remembering that they are pretty harmless, and just creatures living their lives.

Good luck. xx
Yea i know juice contains water its water by its self that scares me. I can drink water easy as if it has food colouring in it but not if its clear. Why? Who knows. I have been assured that i am sane. I also need food colours in my clear fizzy drinks. I hope my year 9 fears coach can help. As for swimming in water im back in there. YAY! I swam again and have entered a triathilon. I have a huge passion for sports now!

thats nothing, im afraid of chalk, snakes, spiders, the dark, everything! do what elmo said, feed the duckies!!!

im happy about you swimming!!! uh, i think you should, uh, maybe start drinking clear water too! seems your not aftraid of drinking water, its drinking any clear liquid! dont worry, you'll get over it. i can touch chalk now!!! oh, im also kinda afraid of worms, and birds, and cows, and horses, and everything, exept pigs and pugs... oh, and dogs besides pugs!

thats nothing, im afraid of chalk, snakes, spiders, the dark, everything! do what elmo said, feed the duckies!!!

im happy about you swimming!!! uh, i think you should, uh, maybe start drinking clear water too! seems your not aftraid of drinking water, its drinking any clear liquid! dont worry, you'll get over it. i can touch chalk now!!! oh, im also kinda afraid of worms, and birds, and cows, and horses, and everything, exept pigs and pugs... oh, and dogs besides pugs!
LOLz. Chalk? I eat chalk! I know its weird but I LOVE the taste of chalk.

Spiders ekk me out. I slept in the lounge for 9 days beacuse of a spider web but dad removed it on day 1 but i wanted to make sure it was clear before i wen tin. Spiders are common to be afraid of.

Im afraid of vinegar but thats cos im really allergic to it.

I like dogs but i ♥ cats more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back