The 1st Hunger Games

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She enters her house and checks the cupboard, no food inside. "Oh well, at least it's pay day tomorrow so maybe mom will be able to finally get some food or Lucky could bring some berries." she thought. She immediately plops down on her bed and begins snoring away, tired from working hard all day. (she doesn't hate working but give her a break will you, she hasn't eaten in days) The next day... she walks with her friend, Iris, to work. Lucky was hopping alongside them. The threesome were happily munching on some wild berries, the day was off to a good start. And good things just get better just the same as bad things get worse, right? But then the bad things will get better eventually so the good things would get worse? Fionna wasn't sure but who cares there's good things right now. :kuribotchi:

Then Iris trips on a rock and they go to the hospital, the end. just joking... so they reached their destination and began plowing the new farmland or whatever, doing whatever farmers do while the sun's harsh rays were slowly cooking them alive.

Sorry I didn't post earlier I was doing something...

(if ever there is an error in any of my posts whether grammar or about the book or district, because I don't know much about district 11 other than it was Rue's district it was the district of agriculture and they whip you if you steal food then please feel free to correct me)

Heather gazed upon the sun as she took a break from all the training. The reaping was in 2 days, after all, so she wasn't one to brag. If she was picked, then her training would be of good use. She watched as everyone else trained and were awesome at it. But then she realized it was the first Hunger Games. It took her a while to learn about the rebellion and everything, and luxury districts like District 1, etc. but when she looked over to everyone else, it seemed as if they were training and they knew all about it. As if training for the games was their job.

"Oh, stupid Capitol. I hate you, but thanks for the luxury." She thought. "If the Captiol just accepted defeat, the Districts could have ruled Panem, and everyone could be equal."

Renki tried on the horrible reaping dress. Her first reaping! She was nervous, really nervous what if she got chosen? Chosen to go to an arena and fight to death. Nobody knew much about the hunger games. They had only just started. Because of the war... Renki didn't know much about the war. School didn't teach much about it. But because of it she knew 2 things 1. the capitol hated them

2. people,her friends would have to go to a stupid arena and fight to death because of a war.

When the capitol had announced the 1st hunger games Renki had been very excited. The way it was described it sounded like dressing up, learning how to fight (getting an education) and being treated to a luxury life. Then her mum had explained what it really meant and it sounded like being raised to go to war. Renki didn't like the idea of being chosen, her name was in their 8 times, her 16 yr old brother leo;22 times and her other 18 yr old brother sanak; 56 times and the capitol said that EVERYBODY had to watch the hunger games. Renki wouldn't be able to bear watching her brothers get slaughtered...

*edit double post*

Last edited by a moderator:
Fionna was finally done working in the fields, sunburned but happy that the work for the day was done already. She then went looking for plants and herbs that could heal sunburn as she couldn't afford proper medicine (but even if she could afford it it probably wouldn't be available because of the capitol, they would've taken it, they always take stuff, they take EVERYTHING!!!! :( :( :( :( :( ) anyways nature is better than man made stuff right? Most of the people who work in the fields get sunburned but they know which kind of plant to use, the only problem is finding it.

By the time she finally locates the plant and takes a few leaves it was already well past dusk.

* oh wait double post* AND BEFORE KATNISS EVERDEEN

YAY thank you so much for replying now I can continue xD

The next day (1 more day to the reaping) Renki got up early, her mum was waiting for her, "ok today darling I want you to take this money and go get some bread" she gave me (Renki and yes I know I keep slipping out of third person and into first but I just keep wanting to change, you still understand what I'm saying though right? anyway) a few coins, I wasn't overly sure that it would be enough money for bread but I promised that I would get the bread and then left the house On the way to the shop some random boys came up to me, I knew that they knew I had money and I knew they would take it, all of it, so I naturally turned and ran. They chased me I weaved through crowds of people, they followed. If they caught me then they would take the money and then beat me up. And then what would I use to get bread? (ok I'm going back to third person an dI'm going to stay there, first person isn't working for me) Renki kept dodging and running until she could run no further and the boys were still after her then she hid. She just ran into an alleyway and hid she tried to blend in with the natural surroundings and she did. The boys lost her, they came up the alleyway but didn't see her, she was successfully camouflaged! Renki walked up to the bread stall here she said dropping the coins into the bakers hand what will this buy me? (and then she saw the bakers son and fell hopelessly in love, NOT no she didn't do that I just made it up xD *katniss senario* anyway) this the baker replied handing her a loaf of bread that looked about 3 days old, I'll take it she said adn rushed home before the baker could change his mind

Its our characters (I think), and the reaping is in 1 day according to my last post (my post was based on someone elses post)

Tasha blinked, and then sat up. Her stomach growled painfully.

"Kick the dog out of here, will you?" her brother mumbled as he rolled over in his sleep, snoring.

Tasha rolled her eyes. "It's not a dog, it's-oh, never mind," she replied.

She hunted around the house for at least a bite to eat, but all she found was a handful of old tesserae rations.

Shoot. Now what?

Tasha racked her brain for ideas. The reaping was tomorrow, so there was no point in taking a tesserae. They didn't have enough money to trade for anything.

I know: Mrs. Blimsol.

Tasha pulled on her jacket and headed out the door.

I dont' know if tis real time or not. Its just one day.

Renki took the bread inside and then, and only then when she knew it was safe did she inspect the bread closely, it had a bit of mould growing on the left side of it, but she could probably just scrape it off. Renki put the food in their safe spot, and went back to worrying about the reaping, what if she got chosen? there were 8 its of paper with her name on them and if her name was on the one they drew she was a goner. ): (this is what Renki was thinking) her mum came into the room, "oh thank you Renki dear for getting that" she said. "Whats the matter? You look worried." When Renki told her about the problem her mum only laughed. (It wasn't a Oh you won't get chosen laugh it was a trying to reassure my daughter laugh) "Don't worry Renki the chance of you being chosen is so low." "you'll be fine." Then she added whats that new logo saying thingy they've got? oh right may the odds be ever in your favour." Renki felt reassured by this, the chance of her getting chosen was practically zilch!

Her sunburn still hurt slightly as she walked along the lonely road on her way to the shop, her mom gave her enough money to buy at least a loaf of bread. Then suddenly up ahead there was a big commotion, crack! "Please I just needed some food for my kids..." crack! more shrieks of agony and pleas of mercy...then "ketchup" (is it allowed or it's too gory and disturbing?) was splattering all over the place so I quietly slip away and find an alternative route to the shop and buy a somewhat stale loaf of bread but then I hear the man's cries of pain in the distance again...will my loaf of bread be enough to feed his family? When I go back there I see the whipping is done, the man was left on the ground, whimpering in pain, I give him my loaf of bread. Then Fionna walks back along the dusty dirt road leading home, she saw a an old tree with rotting fruits at its base, "Some only have a few black spots, that's not so bad!" she thinks as she gathers the fruits off of the ground. She bites into one, "at least now I won't die of hunger..." But will she die of the Hunger Games? (that's if she gets picked, of course)

Renki lay in bed (ALMOST TOMORROW ARGH SO SCARED) well what was supposed to be her, it wasn't much her 2 older brothers also lay nearby, I guess you could say that. Renki couldn't stop thinking about the hunger games. Why is it called that she wondered. Nobodys hungry, it sounds like an eating compition. Yeah that would be fun, if that was the case she would put her name in 100 times or 101 times or hmm whats the highest number I know lets see 999 times. Renki didn't know any numbers higher 999 not because school was bad, nobody knew much more than 999. It didn't matter. so Renki decided she would put her name in 999 times for an eating compition, but its not she thought, its a killing compition...

Tasha came home that night, tired and hungry. Mrs. Blimsol had spared a loaf of slightly stale bread and a handful of berries. She should've been thankful, but Tasha couldn't help feeling annoyed when she bit into the bread.

She lay awake with her brothers, sister, and mother all snoring softly. She was nervous about the reaping tomorrow; she was the only one who was eligible for tesserae in her family, so her name was entered in quite a few times. What if she got picked?

What if, what if, what if...

um... I guess it could be reaping day now... if thats ok. If it isn't then tell me (I will post that it is)

Renki woke with a jolt, it was reaping day. IT WAS REAPING DAY!!!!!!!!!! Renki was scared stiff, and she wasn't even at the reaping yet, She was district 10 so the reaping would be held in the afternoon. Before then she had a lot to do. Starting with some cows and pigs. Renki helped herself to a bit of the bread she got yesterday and ate it rather quickly, being famished and all. Hopefully at the reaping there would be food. Her stomach growled just thinking about it. Renki set off on the walk down to where her mum had told her a farmer would be waiting for her to maintain his pigs. Renki drifted back into capitol world...

will our characters compete against each other at the hunger games?

anyways here's what happened to Fionna...

She woke up, dressed up and did her morning routine as usual but there was a feeling of uneasiness in her stomach...was it caused by hunger? No, she ate an adequate dinner of rotten fruit the other day...then it hit her, it was reaping day.

oh YAY my turn/post

Renki fidgeted in the repulsive reaping dress, she HATED it. ): naturally her mother hadn't cared whether she was comfy or not it was just wear this or else. Renki wore it, her mum had spent AGES making it for her after all... Renki headed down to the reaping with her family, when she got there she was ordered down to the front of the crowd, where the 12yr olds were. there was the mayor on stage with an assistant. She was from the capitol!! Renki had a good look at her, she was skinny, and looked really young but she probably wasn't... She had a poofed hair do that was bright blue. She was wearing some random clothes that were bright pink! She was a curious sight. And on top of it all she had cats eyes!! Then Renki noticed two tubs of paper at the front of the stage and her heart started to pound. The tubs had everybody's name in them... Suddenly Renki didn't feel so good anymore. The assistant plunged her hand into the girls tub...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back