The 76th Hunger Games

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tamatown123

Reaction score
tumblr_m520wmZN1j1rxbublo1_500.gif

Winning means fame, losing means death. You're here, in a whole new world. A place you've never been in before. If you take one wrong step, you'll start an uprising in seconds. There's only one survivor in the Games. Could it be you?

To join, please kindly fill out this form;

Name:

Looks (images are applicable):

District:

Skills:

Likes/Dislikes:

Other:

Mine:

Name: Leena Swight

Looks (images are applicable): Blonde hair, blue eyes, mostly wears blue/white clothes.

District: 8

Skills: Hunting & tying knots.

Likes/Dislikes: Nature, Braggers.

Other: Has a passion for gardening.

RULES (please read):

1. Please note that I don't want any cell phones or iPads/iPods in this. Especially when the Games are happening.

2. Mild violence only, please. This topic is meant for Members of all ages.

3. You can only have up to 2 characters.

4. There can only be 3 people in each District.

5. Please follow all TamaTalk rules.

Happy Hunger Games!

Name: Nova Black

Looks (images are applicable): blond, curly hair, bright blue eyes, pointy nose, and small face; just below 5 feet, and 78 pounds

District: 9

Skills: very good with a crossbow, knows many plants, very speedy and quiet, can make a fire easily

Likes/Dislikes: Likes video games, hates schoolwork

Other: Her mother was a contender in the hunger games (who died), her father is wealthy but abusive. She has only a small group of friends, and is often ridiculed at school

Name: Iris Afferent

Looks (images are applicable): Black, strait hair, bright green eyes, big lips with dimples, elfish ears; 5ft, 6 inches, 96 pounds

District: 5

Skills: very good with a sword, blackmailing and taking advantage of people, can overpower someone very quickly, finding a hiding spot quickly

Likes/Dislikes: Boys, food, reading and writing, doesn't like to lose

Other: Lives as an orphan in a foster home with her twin sister and 5 others

Name: Angelyn Seifert

Looks (images are applicable): dirty blonde long hair, hazel eyes, long fingernails, 5'2, wears white t-shirt and black jeans with holes on the knees

District: 5

Skills: electronic circuits, knives, her nails can also be used as weapons considering their length and sharpness

Likes/Dislikes: likes: logic puzzles, reading dislikes: being in crowded spaces

Other: Angelyn is majorly claustrophobic.

Thanks! We can start. ^_^

"I'm going to die.." Leena said, leaning her head against the window. The rain was clapping against it, she liked the sound of rain; she thought it was really peaceful. Suddenly, the train came to a standstill. Leena slowly got up, grabbing her bag and shivering as she departed the train. She could see the arena, slightly decorated for the Games. "Hello, welcome to the Arena." A short, brown-haired man shook her hand. "My name is Mark."

"Oh..uh..Hi." Leena replied, not making eye contact. "My name is Leena, who are you?"

"I'm going to help you win this thing. You have to win."

"I'll try." Leena muttered to herself, she got more tensed and decided to follow the crowd to the Arena. She hated the fact that people were literally forcing her to win. She missed her brother, and her mother. The people that stood by her side..until now.

Name: Chase Winter-Doyle

Looks: Brown Haired, short, 70 pounds, hazel eyes, black shirt and trousers with brown jacket and boots

District: 11

Skills: Good at throwing, finding food,

Dislikes: Harvesting crops, grain, Hunger Games

Other: Lives with parents and older brother and sister in an old shack, near the farms

Ugggggggggggh, Angelyn groaned internally. If she had been groaning out loud, it would have woken up her mentor, an old woman with scraggly grey hair, who was snoring on the seat next to her. Or maybe not, she thought as a clap of thunder rattled the windows of the train while the woman continued snoring. Examining her long fingernails, Angelyn thought, How can this person possibly help me? She'll sleep through half of the games!

Angelyn really didn't want to be here. In fact, she would much rather be anywhere than here. But sadly, there was no choice.

I'm going to die. That was the thought going through her mind the whole time. The only part she looked forward to was the Opening Ceremony. Maybe her stylist would come up with a good costume. Hopefully. At least some clothes. Anything.

Sighing, Angelyn stepped out into the rain and headed toward the arena.

I was guided to a small luxurious room with leather couches and what I believe is a carpet made from fine wool. I sat myself down on the couch and my mentor walked in, with giant grey circles under his eyes. He looked extremely tired and glared at me. He introduced him self as James. He had a shaggy shirt and wore tight jeans, which were obviously expensive. He sat down and explained everything that was going to happen before I enter the arena. His voice sounded like a depressed person. I guess he wasn't interested in mentoring anyone. He said when we arrive in the Capitol, there will be lots of camera's, so don't say anything too personal, or anything about the Capitol, or else nobody will sponsor me. I was confused about the sponsoring thing but I didn't bother to ask him what he meant

After the talk, people were allowed to visit me before I leave, but my family couldn't come to say their goodbye's, as they had to work at the farm. I waited a few minutes and no one came. A little bit of me died inside me but I didn't mind much.

After that, I was lead towards the train and I saw the girl tribute. We boarded the train and we had a meal. The food was extraordinary! There was fine meats like pork and beef on fine plates. I sat down and poured some soup in my bowl. It tasted like heaven, as the only soup we have is soup from the leftover crops we get. As we eat, the train departs district 11 as we head towards the Capitol. I was excited, yet terrified. James lead me to my room and I jumped in the white bed straight away. It was so comfortable, as I usually sleep on a thing mattress, or sometimes the floor when we have visitors. I feel sleepy and drift of to sleep minutes later...

"Food." I whisper, staring at the masterpiece set out in front of me. It's something I couldn't really get, especially where I lived. The best food we got was fresh bread, but many times it was just vegetable stew. I quickly sat, pretending not to be eager, and sunk my teeth into a chicken leg, feeling the warmness in my stomach. I cleaned myself up, and decided to go to the balcony. I could see the golden lights, decorated on almost each thing of the Arena. "How did I get here..?" I whispered to myself, a numerous amount of times. I decided to sit and watch the stars as they twinkled in the moonlight.

(OOC: I guess this should be written in the first person? Since that's what everyone else is doing I'll do so too.)

I stared at all the food in front of me. I was starving. I dug into a delicious steaming baked potato, followed by chicken, and numerous other dishes. I was full. I wiped my face on a napkin and went outside to the balcony. A girl looking a little bit older than me was already there. I wondered if I should go out there and watch the stars with her, or if I should refrain from doing so because she was a competitor. A thought crosses my mind.

She could be the one to kill me.

Then again, anyone could kill me. Still cautious, I shuffle to the edge of the balcony, looking down at the lights, trying not to catch the girl's eye.

(OOC: I thought it would be better that I should post in first person too, it just sounds like a better way of doing it. But you can do it anyway you want. :) )

I turned my head to see a girl about the same height as me. I was a bit scared to say hello, but I managed to get something out of my mouth. "Hi." I greeted, quietly. I let out my hand. "My name is Leena. What about you?"

Last edited by a moderator:
(Nova Black)

Since the moment they called my name for the Hunger Games, I felt like I was going to throw up. At least until they served the food in the train. I felt numb as photographers circled around me, like a bird catching a worm. I wanted to get as far away from them as I could, because I may have threw up right in their faces. Though, after the way they crowded me, I was starting to like the idea of puking all over them. They deserved it.

I had ten minutes to talk to my dad, but he didn't come. I told myself that he was an abusive, cruel father, and that I should have been glad he didn't come to see me, but I knew I was lying to myself.

A burly man had plucked me up from the crowd and shooed the photographers away, then placed me down as they glanced worriedly at his bulging muscles.

"Uh, thanks," I said. I glanced at this guy and he looked like a wrestler.

"I'm your mentor. Let's go," he said shortly, and the next thing I knew I was being pushed into a very fancy train. All I wanted was to be alone, but the only room that had food was also jam-packed with people. I thought about bringing my food to an empty compartment, but it would seem rude to the others. So, I chomped on a chicken leg and mashed potatoes as five people jabbered at me about the Hunger Games. I really didn't care. Like I was going to win anyway.

As I ate, I could see two girls talking to each other on a couch across from me. They were also Tributes. My stomach lurched. Don't think about that. Don't think about how they could be the ones who could be your friends, or murderers.

A shudder runs through my whole body. I close my eyes, tight. When I open them, the burly man who rescued me from the photographers is in front of me.

"And you are...?" I don't feel like talking to anyone, but this guy is giving me an expression of utmost hate. Or resentment. Its hard to tell.

"I already told you, before. I'm your mentor," he growls. At first, I think that he really hates me, but then I realize that his voice just sounds like a big growl.

"Oh, yeah," I say, frowning at him.

He smirks, and walks away. Great, first day, and my trainer already hates me for no reason at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I turn nervously to the girl. Her blue eyes were shining under the light from the city. I extend my hand also.

"A-Angelyn," I squeak. "I'm from District 5. You?"

A breeze flutters through the air, whipping my bangs over my eyes. I carefully brush them away.

"I'm from District 8." I slowly faked a smile. "So uh, how do you think it's going to be here?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back