The Attention Icon

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do You Think The Attention Icon Is?

• Smiley Peanut

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Smiley Bean Sprout

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Smiley Tadpole

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Other

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • .....An Attention Sign, Duh!

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PurpleJellybean92

Reaction score
This may seem like a silly little detail, but as far as I know, the attention icon has been the same since 1997, at least until version 4, possibly later. (the newest one I have is v4 so thats why I say that, I don't want to include incorrect info)

My point is, What Exactly IS the attention icon supposed to be. I've always thought it was a little peanut with a face, but I've heard others call it a bean sprout or tadpole.

If anybody knows what it is supposed to be officially, I would appreciate it if they could tell me.

If not what d you think it is?

Hahaha, you're not the only one to wonder about this. If you're looking at it from kind of far away, it does look like a peanut-shaped thing. Bean sprout and tadpole are stretching it. XD If you look close enough, there are two faces. It's actually a smiley face (the circle on the left) squished in with a grumpy face (the circle on the right).

OH Wow! it is two faces haha. Now I feel silly for not knowing all this time! Kind of reminds me of the old theatre mask logo....haha

when tamagotchis where big at my school i remember all my frends called it the penut thing XD

when tamagotchis where big at my school i remember all my frends called it the penut thing XD

hahahah thats what I always used to call it too. I probably will continue to call it that out of habit but atleast we know what it is now!

OH Wow! it is two faces haha. Now I feel silly for not knowing all this time! Kind of reminds me of the old theatre mask logo....haha
Exactly, just like that logo! You don't have to feel silly. It's kind of a common curiosity, as you can see from the people posting here. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I never really gave it any thought to what it was xD I already know its two smileys, one smiling and one frowning but yeahh xD

I used to think, it was a smiley face, and a closed eye :rolleyes:

Haha, you know, since they first came out in 96, I thought it was like a little creauture with a smiley head (I thought the frowning face was the body, and its eyebrow was like a wing on a duck), and it was only last year when I realised they were two faces :p

I felt really silly, so I'm glad somebody else did the same thing!

I've always thought of it peanut-looking, and I'm not sure when I figured out it was a smiley/frown face.

On a side note, one of my friends was looking at one of mine, and he saw the praise/time out icon and said "What's Pac-Man doing on your Tamagotchi!?"

I thought it was just two circles! :p I also thought the toilet icon was an open can, the status icon was a clock, and the connect icon was a tamagotchi with two infra-red lines coming off of it!

haha yea it took me a awhile to figure out what it was really supposed to be

but for the longest time wen i had m first few tamas i thought it was a peanut lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back