The Beginning of the End

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steynj

Reaction score
A typical day in the life of Elias Clancy, the unfortunate boy ^_^ , would be similar to that of someone who fell out of bed, got back into bed and while doing that banged his head on the ceiling, only to get yelled at by his mum :) , tripped while getting dressed, burnt his finger on the toaster, received blackened toast, walked straight into the door of the bathroom, and went to school to find that:

1) He didn’t have his books,

2) He wasn’t wearing undies and

3) There wasn’t any school today.

He trudged back home and found that there was no-one in the house so he waited.

The door opened.

“Where have you been? It’s a Saturday!” yelled his mum, her brown hair and brown eyes and usually depressed face all wet and shimmering in the sunlight, “We were so worried!”

And then she reached out for him and wrapped him in a hug.

“Mum,” he said, “you’re embarrassing me.”

“Sorry.”

“Um… do you mind if I come in?” Elias asked.

“Oh yeah, of course. Sorry.”

Elias saw his mother’s eyes. They were red-rimmed and bloodshot.

“What happened?”

“Something bad went on between your dad and me.”

“What was it about?” Elias tried to worm more information out of his mum.

You have just been told that your mum and your dad are divorcing. How would you feel? Elias felt that he had just tried to swallow too much, and he was choking.

Elias fainted, but woke up instantly.

“Ouch!”

“You poor thing. Let me get you some cocoa and you can rest for a while,” cooed his mum.

Elias’s head was hurting, and not just because he had hit it on the floor only seconds ago. It was just too much for him. He obediently trotted up to his bedroom and lay down on the pillow. Eventually he fell asleep.

When his dad came home, the atmosphere inside the house darkened. Elias knew instantly that there was going to be a lot of trouble. His mum would have to be up all night, finding a new house and moving in. He felt pity, not only for his mum, but for his dad as well.

A new day dawned in Elias’s new neighbourhood. He woke up with a start. He was not sleeping on a bed. He was sleeping on the floor.

“Hi sweetie!” said his mum, “Nice house, don’t you think?”

Elias couldn’t have agreed less. It was a dilapidated house with practically nothing in it.

Except the fridge, the oven, the clock, the TV, the sofa, the bed (which he had fallen off), the toilet and the other sofa.

His neighbourhood was a great one, with everyone everywhere. He soon found two friends, who were called Hannah <_< and Jesse ^_^ (who was a boy). He regularly would hang out with them, and an example of one of their many adventures was:

Elias was feeling unusually bored, which didn’t happen usually in his new neighbourhood. He was just walking slowly around his street, until Jesse came up to him.

“Want to go skating?” Jesse asked.

“Roller skating or skate boarding?” replied Elias.

“Skate boarding. Hannah’s coming. You in?”

“You bet! Where are we skating and when?”

“The skating park. Noon today. Meet us there.”

“O.K.” Elias said, “Catch you later!”

It was noon. Elias sat at the skate park, his gear on, ready. Hannah and Elias soon came up to him.

“Ready?” asked Hannah.

“Ready,” replied Elias.

“SET, GO!” chuckled Jesse.

They ran in the gate, chucked their skateboards in the skating pool (which is a large and very wide dip in the ground). After a while of skating, Jesse looked up and saw that there were clouds in the sky.

“Shall we take a rest break?” asked Jesse.

“You stole the words from my mouth,” muttered Hannah.

So they went up and went undercover. The rain turned out to be a sun shower, which only lasted for around five or so minutes. They immediately jumped into the skating pool, to find a big surprise for them.

They were about to get very, very wet.

“Oh no,” Elias muttered, “We’re about to get very, very wet.”

“State the obvious,” said Jesse.

KER-SPLOSH!

After a while spent trying to get out of the pool of water, Hannah gave up.

“Look,” she said, “you can’t skate in or out of water, and we can’t climb up either, it’s too wet.”

Elias had a sudden thought.

“Float on the pool of water,” he commanded Hannah and Jesse. They were almost exactly the same size. He then told Jesse “to estimate how much size difference Hannah and I are when we float on the water”.

“Yes, master,” said Jesse.

“Don’t call me master,” said Elias.

“Yes, master,” said Jesse.

Elias sighed and lay down. They were almost exactly the same size! Elias got excited.

“Hey, you guys,” said Elias, “I am one hundred and fifty-six centimetres tall with my arms stretched out. Same with you guys too, and our skateboards are all the same size too. Our skateboards are fifty-six centimetres across. The skate pool at the bottom is a circle that is two metres across everywhere. So maybe we could climb up the wall, like this.”

At that point Elias’s watch beeped. It was three o’clock. He started to get nervous. Elias dived under and retrieved his skateboard. He floated on the water and stuck the skateboard out, so that it touched the wall.

“Look,” he said. He shuffled his feet up a bit, and then moved the skateboard so it was in line with his toes. He kept on doing this, and soon he was at the top!

“Hey!” he called down. “Look what I found!”

At the top of the skate pool, there was a four metre long chain.

“Hannah,” Elias said hesitantly, “could you chuck your skateboard up here?”

“My pleasure,” Hannah replied. She chucked the skateboard up and it landed beside Elias.

He dangled the four metre long chain down and it clanged against the bottom.

“Anyone for rock climbing?” Elias called down.

Soon everyone was safely at the top.

They dashed home, and the sun dried them off. Soon Elias’s watch beeped. “It’s five o’clock,” he told the others. “Let’s go home.”

That was only one of their many adventures. But soon the time came (seven years after Marlene and Mark had divorced) and that fateful night came. It was 11:59 pm, and Elias couldn’t get to sleep. He vowed that he would go to sleep at 12:00am. But that never happened. For at 12:00am exactly, there was an earth-shaking BOOM! Elias looked out the window, to see that one of the houses in the street was on fire. He screamed when he saw it was Jesse’s. He closed his eyes…

When Elias woke up at 8:00 in the morning, he was convinced that it had been a bad dream. But when he looked at the morning paper, he found that his dream had come true…

The suburb of Bluebell became a not-so-popular one when the death of Jesse, his mum, Isabel :furawatchi: , and his dad, Stephen :lol: occurred. Now there was only Hannah to play with. But at midnight that night, disaster struck. The house to the left of the burnt remains of Jesse’s was bombed, but fortunately it was abandoned at the time. But, the house to the left of the house that was bombed was Hannah’s! She was terrified. Her and her mum :mimitchi: and her dad :p were extremely scared, but nothing could be done. Poisonous gas was put in Hannah’s house, and three more deaths occurred.

The house to the left of Hannah’s was Elias’s.

Two extremely depressed people known as Elias and Marlene were moving house – definitely. It was eleven o’clock when disaster struck. And all because of a broken oven.

Now Elias is happy. He is floating with all the other spirits in the cloud of Dream. He has found his mum, dad, Hannah and Jesse and that is really all he cares about. Because he knows that whatever the mood, whatever the feeling, whenever the cloud of sadness, despair and anger comes, this was always meant to happen. And he knows how he had been guided to the others. He had been guided by love. And he knows that the solid bond of love in his heart, reaching out to all the others and guiding them towards him was one of his strengths. And, he smiles and thinks:

That is all that matters.

Latest posts

Back