The Economy

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuk`

Reaction score
** Let me make this clear. This topic is not for blaming anybody for the state of the economy (The president,specific businesses ect.)**

In my opinion it's bad all over. A lot of the things I took for granted before I really miss. We've had to cut down on a lot of things. The state of economy has brought some good things too, like now my family spends more time TOGETHER doing fun things.

So how have u been affected?

The awesome store I used to work at closed :( and the business I work with now is incessantly blah-ing about cutting hours, costs, working us harder.. My boyfriend was laid off months ago, and still nothing. It sucks right now. But I suppose it could be worse. I could be unemployed.

My work is agricultural related so I'm fine. I actually got more hours and made so much money this summer (got called back early from the usual lay-off) that I was able to save enough to buy myself a really fantastic motorcycle.

The work is hard, dangerous and awkward. Not many people stay more than a week here but once you tough it out for a month, you are in.

I am just lucky. I know it and I appreciate it very much.

Luckily we haven't been affected too much. We're not rich, but we're careful with money still. I'm babysitting now for money, so I don't see myself losing that job anytime soon. ;)

My family and I haven't really been affected. My parents and I are responsible and smart about managing their money, and we dont really buy anything expensive that we don't need..

We also have a family owned business so that keeps up our money flow (We dont hire/pay people, it's just family) so I can't say I've really been affected by all of this.

I got affected back in March 2009 when I was laid off from my Law Office job. I was lucky though. Six months later I got working at an answering service and I've been at this current job for almost a year now. Canada got hit fairly good, but looks like we've recovered for the most part. I'm grateful for my job ;D

Also our minimum wage went up. Woot!

Well.. My family is doing better than ever because my dad is a salesman and all the other reps in the area have been laid off due to "insufficient sales". And my dad is top salesman in the country for his field so were great :) !! I know how lucky I am to live in a 4000 sq. ft. (were a family of 7) house and to be able to have all my tamagotchi and to go to a nice private school!! Thank you everyone that makes my life possible!

~sincerely ura young mametchi.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad some people are doing well. :)

My family? Not so much. My mum says that my sister and I will only be able to get 1 present each for Christmas. We've been running out of a lot of stuff recently and she doesn't have the money to buy more.

Our home and well- being kind of relies on my dad. And who knows where he is. He travels all over the world. As long as I have a nice house to live in, I'm happy though.

My Mom got laid off for a few months, and money was pretty tight, now she's back to work, doing extra hours to keep us afloat until we're caught up. :)

A movie theater I grew to love closed a couple of weeks ago. super bumbed:[

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back