The Growling Bunny?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruby_Red_Robin

Reaction score
Don't look under your bed...yeah...about that.
My bunny, Patches, when I clean her cage, she...growls...at me. Is that possible? Since when could they growl? It's just wierd.

I don't know, I just thought it was odd.

Does anyone know why?

~Ruby & Patches~

EDIT: Yes people, GEEZ, I realized they can growl. God, stop pointing out the OBVIOUS.

Last edited by a moderator:
You just witnessed your bunny growling. I guess that answers your "Can bunnies growl?" question :furawatchi:

And yes, in case you need confirmation, bunnies can growl. I've had a rabbit before, and it would growl at me if I cleaned his cage as well. They growl the same reason as any other animal growls. And in the case of cleaning it's cage, possibly it was defending it's territory.

I have a guinea pig and she growls if we touch her butt xD Her growls sound likes chattering teeth, the first time I heard it, I thought she was cold so I was like "AWWW YOUR'E COLD!!!!!" I tried picking her up to "warm her up" but she tried to bite me.

I think she is just surprised that her bunny growled at her. Rabbits aren't exactly associated with growling very often. ;)

They are capable of growling if they are feeling defensive. MANY different kinds of animals feel protective of their home-space, and growling is a common mammalian response to feeling upset or defensive. Don't take it personally when she growls, Ruby Red. Just let her know you are not going to upset or frighten her, and be respectful of her when you are cleaning her cage. Act very gentle around her when you do something she does not like(such as cage cleaning), and she will learn that it is ok to calm down about it. ^_^

I think she is just surprised that her bunny growled at her. Rabbits aren't exactly associated with growling very often. ;)
They are capable of growling if they are feeling defensive. MANY different kinds of animals feel protective of their home-space, and growling is a common mammalian response to feeling upset or defensive. Don't take it personally when she growls, Ruby Red. Just let her know you are not going to upset or frighten her, and be respectful of her when you are cleaning her cage. Act very gentle around her when you do something she does not like(such as cage cleaning), and she will learn that it is ok to calm down about it. ^_^
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back