The Hunger Games

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

emzz909

Reaction score
Hello! So i made this forum, to discuss The Hunger Games.

I think riot after Rue's death is actually foreshadowing to the second book/soon-to-be-movie. it will help the audience better understand the capacity Katniss' influence in inciting/quieting rebellion, as well as show how she was defying the capitol in both her first hunger games and rue's death. It says in the book that Katniss "understood what Peeta was trying to say, how he wanted to be more than a piece of the games." By covering Rue in flowers, she proclaimed how Rue was more than "a piece of their games" and by doing that, District Eleven must have realized how Rue should matter more to them. The riot was a show about how much they cared for rue, and the humanity being slaughtered in the arena.

It makes perfect sence that the riot could have occured in the book as well. What do you guys think about the movie?

Last edited by a moderator:
Emilson, you ought to type in 'Spoiler Alert' before you discuss that particular tribute's death. Some members may view this thread without having watched the movie first and then a major part of the story is ruined for them! :newmametchi:

^I haven't, and sorry guys, but I don't plan to after Mum brought up a good point.

And don't tell me 'You'll be able to handle the violence!'

It's brutal, I heard. Bloody. Gorey. Focuses more on the games than the romance.

I don't want that. If I see any major killing - which is half the plot of the books and movie - I'll have nightmares for weeks.

An experience I would rather not have.

^I haven't, and sorry guys, but I don't plan to after Mum brought up a good point.

It's brutal, I heard. Bloody. Gorey. Focuses more on the games than the romance.

I don't want that. If I see any major killing - which is half the plot of the books and movie - I'll have nightmares for weeks.

Well in America it's rated PG-13 and in Australia it's rated M, and quite frankly the bloody and gory scenes are shot in such a manner where it is able to stay on these ratings. Just when a knife or spear is about to hit a tribute, the camera speedily moves to another angle or subject of view. I actually think that the less violent deaths -e.g. when a tribute twists/cracks another person's head- are more disturbing as you see it and can hear the sound effects too.

Well of course it focuses on the horror more than it does with the romance. The Hunger Games was written for pure violence, it's not a spin-off of the Twilight saga! :p

Oh well, it really isn't that bad but I guess we all have our own strengths and weaknesses.

Spoiler alert, bro. Make sure you put one next time.

The movie wasn't as good as the book, but it was still good. Not as gorey as it should have been, but it is PG13, as stated above. And about Rue's death scene, it was rushed, and not very emotional, but I do agree with you that the riot does forshadow the second book, since they left out so much of the Katniss and Rue scene, I guess they were trying to compensate a little bit of it. It was a nice touch that wasn't in the book. I'm interested to see how it will reflect in District 11 in the Catching Fire movie.

As for the rest of the movie, it was great, but a couple scenes were a bit rushed, and I was disappointed that they left out Lavinia and Madge, as they were key to the story, in my opinion. Also Greasy Sae, I don't think I saw her there. I think they could have made the movie slightly longer, and added a couple more things into the movie, fans wouldn't have minded.

So that's why you gapped on us. It would have been nice to have a little more notice and the real reason next time. If you were worried, you could have just said no when we offered the first time months ago, and not to hear it hours later through someone else.

What you hear isn't nescasserilly true. The awkward moment when it shows next to no one actually getting killed. -.- Which is disappointing, because I'd like to see deaths in detail. The books also don't focus on the romance, and on the violence. As Josh said, the Hunger Games was written for pure violence, and not much else.

And the games only take up like half an hour of the movie, which is also very disappointing.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, that wasn't why I didn't go. I'd prefer if you didn't jump to conclusions bro.

I didn't because Mum didn't let me. She said it was too late, the transport was too disorganized (especially at the time, since I got notified that afternoon - and I'm not allowed to go onto the train into Wellington with friends, especially at night) and we didn't want to bother with costumes - we didn't know you weren't dressing up - good thing we didn't get a costume, or it would have been wasteful. Plus I had an exam first period the next day.

Well I'm 100 percent honest here - seriously, I swear on Lucas' lif- lolwat

And, I'm still going to see it, my cousin persuaded me. Although I have to wait another week, unless I go on Thursday or Friday >.<

Anyways, I'm still gonna see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back