The Institution

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chloe looked around her room once more. Every surface had been dusted, and scrubing She glanced up at the medium sized wall clock on her wall she looked down at one of the papers she was given when she had arrived. She referenced the paper and the clock once more, she had her first appointment with a doctor in about ten minutes. She read over the sheet carefully Appointment room 3. The really should have included a map with all of this information. She opened up her door and glanced around down the hallway, how in the world was she going to find her way.

Last edited by a moderator:
A thought suddenly came to Drew's mind. "Oh no! I completely forgot about my Appointment!" He cried out in his mind, holding his head with his hands in a silly fashion. "Oh no, oh no... What is Dr.Wilson going to think about a tardy lil girl?! Nothing good I'm guessing!!" He cried out, hiding his suitcase under his pillow. 

He really did care what Dr.Wilson thought about him, he felt like Dr.Wilson was his teacher, even though he was just a psycho something something kind of guy.. Still, Drew adored the man who has been listening to his life tales for the last few months.

He quickly grabbed his Map of the confusing area, and then sped out of the room, running to who knows where..

Ah, don't worry Chelsey, I've done that SO many times. I have shortcuts at the top of my browser, and I end up clicking on them when halfway through a post instead of switching tabs like I wanted to.

Appointments. Great. Asher preferred the term 'interrogation to describe the ordeal. Doctors poking around in his life, asking endless questions- but the same ones as the time before, never gathering what he would have thought to be useful information- particularly because he was less than cooperative when it came to dishing out information about his monotonous existence in the place. Still, one way or another, he had to go, and now was around the time to set out, and so he set outside his door for the first time in a few days and headed towards the usual room that was assigned to him on his timetable.

Chloe looked around the hallway confused and flustered. She had no clue where she was going, why was this place so dang confusing? She headed down a hallway in, hopefully the right direction. She realized that she probably had a wonderful expression at this point, flustered lost and paniced. In theory it couldn't have been that hard to find but in a large confusing place and lack of a map it became an impossible task.

Alexander figured he should head to his appointment as well. He headed down the hall and down the ramp, because of course why would there be stairs? He managed to find his way around the crazy twists, turns and curves of the halls and found a rather morbid looking hallway. It looked more like a morgue than a doctors office of an appointment room. He stood in the halldebating turning back now and going back to his room.

Unfortunately for those who might be lost and happen to come across Asher of all people in their hallways, it was more than likely that even if he saw you gaping down the hallways and looking so obviously lost that you looked like you'd ended up on Mars, Asher was even too shy to ask them if they were alright and needed directions. He spotted people from time to time, sometimes stopping and pondering whether to ask them if they needed help- for that was the obvious and courteous thing to do, but never had he ever spoken to them, unless they had asked- and even then, on some days, when feeling particularly distant, pretended not to hear them. He passed a few on his way to his appointment, none of whom asked for his help, thankfully; he always felt worse when they knew he was ignoring them.

Drew passed by a strange looking boy as he continued to walk towards the Appointment room to see Dr.Wilson. He decided not to ask the boy anything at all, or even say hello or acknowledge him. Drew didn't like to associate himself with weird looking people, not that he hated these people or anything, but he did know that some of the kids here are indeed loony.

After walking what seemed to be several miles to the little confused boy/girl, he made it to the typical appointment waiting room. "Time for lil' ol' me to rest." He giggled, jumping towards a chair, and then awaiting for his name to be called on.

Chloe saw a few people pass her in silence and she figured she could ask them how to get there but she was slightly afraid to talk to these new strangers. So she simply followed on of them in the hopes that they wwere going to the smae place or at least close to where she was wanting to be. When she finally made it to the Appointment rooms' hall she walked down until she hit the room # 3 and sat infront of one of the chairs outside the room. She felt nervous about her first meeting with the doctor, would they be nice? Would they question her like crazy? Would they poke and prod at her? Needles? Oh Goodness, now she was just freaking herself out even more.

Drew gently waited for his name to be called on, he rocked his feet back and forth, humming to himself a favorite tune of his. He continued to do this for several minutes until he saw a familiar sight. "Oh hey, hey new girl!" He giggled, waving at the neat freak girl who just sat several seats away from him. "So, your here for your appointment? So am I, I'm here with Dr.Wilson.. I think he's a nice doctor, Mmm mm, sure, he tried to take away my eyeliner, and he told me not to wave at people and say stuff like 'girlfriend', which I refuse to change by the way. But, he's a pretty nice man.. Though, I'm not sure you'll get him as a Doctor.." Drew shook his head slightly. "So, I didn't get to ask you this earlier, but why are you here? They say I'm here cause of something related to sexuality or some mumbo jumbo like that.. I don't look weird to you, don't I look beautiful to you? Do I look like I belong in such a dirty dang place as this?"

" Oh, um I don't know who my doctor is yet, I guess I'll just have to wait and find out. " Chloe told Drew pleasantly " I'm not really sure why I'm here either..." she admitted "my parents only told me that I was coming here. I don't really know why, I don't really think that I have any problems or anything like that... " Chloe stared at the cold metal doors, gosh this place was scary. She wondered wheat she would like her doctor, or if they would try and take her things away like they had Drew's. "No, you don't , I don't think anyone really belongs in this place. It's rather frightening...."

Drew nodded to Chloe, smiling as she told him he didn't belong here, nor did anyone else. "That's so sweet and nice for you to say... And you seem really nice, so you probably don't even belong here." Drew stated. "It's just that some people can't accept the fact that some of us have little quirks here and there. My parents never liked the fact that after that accident that I don't remember, i became too girly for them apparently, they think a boy shouldn't act this way at all." He gently sighed to himself, rubbing his head angrily. "They are Fascists, every single one of the people who work here are." 

"Atleast the people here let me pray to the lord every Sunday, cause I think the good lord would have been mighty angry at the idiots here for locking me up."

He suddenly coughed, feeling depressed as he said "And my sister, my lovely sister may never see me again. She was the only one who believed in me, she was the one who supported me... No one else."

Chloe nodded graciously. She agreed with what he was saying, yet for some reason she felt this conversation becoming slightly uncomfortable for her. She was never one to discuss a touchy subject like religion and faith. The topic of others' family was something that she also found awkward. Being as her family were never a really big part of her life aside from telling her an endless lists of dos and don'ts, scolding her for any mistakes, or planning out what or how she was to do something. Like coming to this place, they just looked at her one day while she was eating breakfast and they were heading out the door and paused only long enough to tell her "Pack your things into a bag or two. You will be spending your summer at a camp," and had her nanny deliver her the paper about Pinewood that they gave to parents inquiring about the institution. She glanced up at the clock hanging from the wall again in an anxious way.

I'll join! : D

Name: Derrick Brandon Reisling

Appearance: Derrick is a 6'1 well-built Caucasian male with typical American white colored skin; he looks very normal and to most, appears very unusual in the setting of the Institution. He has a couple of freckles on his left cheek and that's about it for skin markings. He has short, dark, chocolate-almost-black-brown hair slicked up with a bit of gel. Derrick's eyes are a common shade of light blue with dark shadings of blue around his pupil. Fashion-wise, he tends to wear t-shirts, sweatshirts and jeans. There are some scars on his arms, which are the only hint to his past. Commonly associated with him are his headphones, which are those ear phones with those buds similar to the headphone buds, only it's small enough to simply cover 3/4 of his ear.

History: He seems like a totally average high schooler by what I put in the appearance part, right? Wrong. Derrick was a totally normal boy up until age 13, when his parents died, and he was left to care for his little brother. They went through foster care, and luckily found a couple willing to take both of them in. Unfortunately, the couple was actually very cruel and abusive, and they tortured Derrick and his little brother. They would torture them physically (His foster dad was a former army men, and used tortures like water-taser and such) or verbally abuse them for making little mistakes such as not taking out the trash or leaving their dishes on the table. Whenever his little brother would get hurt, Derrick would run to go protect him, and take the beating for him. Eventually, Derrick learned to fight back, although this only enraged the husband further. One night, the husband beat Derrick so bad that the neighbors heard the yelling and screaming, so Derrick and his little brother ended up in the foster care system again. The next time Derrick was adopted, he was not so lucky; his little brother ended up getting adopted by another family, while Derrick was left in the system for a year before getting sent to another family at age 15. So far, he's been living okay. But..

Issue: Due to the trauma of being beat and abused, Derrick has become psychologically scarred. Sometimes, if he begins to experience a feeling even slightly like the times he was beat, he will break down and tear at the skin on his arms (Most of the time, it's arms although he has torn at his own legs and even neck before), which explains the scars on his arms. He doesn't do this all the time, it can simply just be a giant shock feeling to him, or just him collapsing to the ground. The other issue he's always had is anger management; when he's angry, all he can really see is flashes of things, and his mind really shuts down. This is rather disastrous; at school once, one boy annoyed him so much he actually picked the boy up and threw him at a wall so hard the boy broke his collarbone. That was definitely not a good thing; Derrick got suspended.

Other: Mostly B's and C's student; pretty good athlete.

Last edited by a moderator:
-Accepted-

Alexander stood in the halld ebating turning back now and possibly just locking himself in his room. He was feeling pretty antisocial today and couldn't really be bothered with having to deal with anyone. He stood in the cross section where the two halls met, leaning slightly against the wall off the appointment hallway, looking down it. He saw a decent amount of people shuffling through the hall, some leaving rooms, some going in, others waiting in the chairs that lined the hall. He thought about sitting down in one of them, but he shrugged the thought off, he didn't really care what these people though of him and if they thought he was strange. He glanced around at the walls this hall felt dark to him, and that was coming from a dark person himself. The walls were plain and it looked more like some form of science lab than a doctors office to him.

Derrick walked into his room, carrying only a single gym bag. He dumped it onto the small bed and then he plopped down next to it with a sigh. After about that incident in high school and a few more mental breakdowns after that, his counselor had finally told him one day that he was being withdrawn from the school, and she had even sent an email to his foster parents telling them about this as well as informing them of the letter that would be coming to their mailbox in a few days. Derrick knew that the Pineridge Institution was not going to be very "summer campy" at all; how could a little hole blocked off from the rest of the world stuffed with people with problems probably worth than his own going to really be fun? Biting his lip, he slowly changed the song on his iPod. Hopefully, it wouldn't be taken from him, since if it was, he would probably lose it. Taking a deep breath, he decided to go out of his room and try to see who else was in this place.

Alexander crossed his arms over his chest and leaned to the side, his shoulder pressed up to the wall keeping him stable. He watched the people who seemed to run out of the appointment rooms, and the ones who seemed to reluctantly slink inside when their names were called. Well those rooms just looked pleasant. Alexander wondered, maybe I should just go back. I don't really think I want to go talk to anyone right now. He turned after a moment and headed back down the hall toward his room slowly, not really in any rush. It wasn't so much running away from the fear of these rooms as it was the pure annoyance of really not wanting to have to discuss any of his feeling with strangers, especially a bunch of nosey doctors. He hated having people try an peer into his life and poke and prod around. He walked leisurely down the plain hallway, he was surprised to see a couple of people walking along aswell, so far he hadn't really seen to many. He hoped that none of them would try and be friendly and say hello or introduce themselves or any of the sort.

Derrick walked out of his room and then securely shut the door behind him, making sure it was locked. He then dug in his pocket for the crumbled day schedule he had in his pocket. He straightened it, and then read. "Appointment... Great." Taking a moment to scratch his hair with his right hand, he shoved the paper back into his pocket. He made sure to shut off his iPod, deciding that it would be risky to show up with it to any doctor (or any staff member for that matter). Disconnecting his beloved silver Sony MDR-Q38LW's, he carefully took the iPod and shoved it into another pocket before continuing his trek down the hall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back