The Shining

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paislypuppy

Reaction score
I saw this movie about a year ago, and I FREAKIN LOVED IT! It was reealy creepy, for those who haven't seen it, it's about a family who are staying at an empty hotel in the middle of winter, to watch over it while it's closed, and the dad and the kid both kinda go insane, and then from there it just gets creepier and creepier..... i won't give away too much. Anyone seen it?

There's also a new commercial that's based off the shining. It has the kid with the tricycle, and the dad breaks through the door with an axe, and those creepy twins were in it. Every time i see it it makes me want to watch the movie again.

As many of you know, I'd have to be tied to a chair with my eyelids taped open to get me to watch a horror movie. xD But I remember my mom saying she saw The Shining with her aunt when she was about my age. She said it pretty much traumatized her.

I don't know. Maybe when I'm 20 I'll be a little more brave and I'll watch it. MAYBE. Or if I had my husband or boyfriend next to me so that I could jump on him from fear. xDD Oh yes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Never seen it, maybe I will when I'm 20, like Krystal. But one commercial thats old was based on The shining. Two kids talked to a man going to a laundry room and the kids say "Hi sir are you going to the laundry room?" He's all like "yeah" Then They say it's a dead zone. But he has verizon so yeah. A good friends dad that I know made that.

^Oh that's cool, i remember that commercial.

Honestly guys, it's not that scary. in fact, when i saw it with my friends we were laughing the whole time, not sure why tho. It's more creepy than scary. And the music is creepy and suspenseful and makes it seem like something bad's about to happen all the time.

I guess it depends on what you define as scary. The Shining is more psychologically scary. Not much more than that, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
^Yay someone who's seen it and agrees with me. 8D

When i first watched it with my friends, there was this part where they're in the hedge maze and there's this creepy intense music playing, and then all of a sudden the screen goes black and it's like "TUESDAY" and everyone screamed bc they thought something scary happened. xD Then we all cracked up.

^Yay someone who's seen it and agrees with me. 8D
When i first watched it with my friends, there was this part where they're in the hedge maze and there's this creepy intense music playing, and then all of a sudden the screen goes black and it's like "TUESDAY" and everyone screamed bc they thought something scary happened. xD Then we all cracked up.
Notcied how Horror movies back in the day were quailty? The Shinning is a Prime example. It's a great and well done movie for it's time. Had an awesome cast and everything.

definately. the woman who played the wife was PERFECT. the facial expressions when she was scared were just so fitting. Old horror movies just can't be beat. New ones are crap, i saw Prom Night and it was so lame and not the least bit scary.

Latest posts

Back