The story of Raiden

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[SIZE=11pt]June 9[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Today we have a long day in the lab 8 hours of just growing E.coli and 1-2 hours of harvesting it. I am aware my life does in fact sound very very odd. Today Raiden is 41 years old and his friend Albus is 5, with a name like that it is just dying for a oldie. Well I already have one and doing a generation run is fun, but that just means I’ll be doing an oldie run on my V2.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]https://www.instagram.com/p/BVJZe83lwSC/?taken-by=mayor_rory&hl=en[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Other than that there isn’t much to say… I may have hurt my wrist lifting the centrifuge rotor ( a big fancy piece of heavy metal that spins crazy fast in the machine) while I was lifting it something popped and it just didn’t feel right and hurt like… a long string of swear words when I used it. As I am typing this (june 10th in the morning) I still have some [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]June 10[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Raiden is 42 today and still loves video games! Today we had a busy day of realizing I did hurt my wrist, getting flea meds for our very real pet, my cat, and editing my thesis so everything can finally be done with and submitted. Albus despite all oldie rumours accepted the matchmakers proposal is marrying a pochitchi and had a baby girl (more on her later).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]We also took up the mission of fishing up a dratini (1% catch rate of 10% if I feel like leaving and coming back to the area facing cave encounters only to have a 10% chance and have to do that over and over).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]It took 243 encounters, we fished up 5 bottle caps, 34 pearls, and caught 2 shiny babroaches, and finally caught Dudley the Dragon at the level 31 in a lure ball!![/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]https://www.instagram.com/p/BVL8O4klyDH/?taken-by=mayor_rory&hl=en[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]June 11[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Well typing hurts. And Raiden is 43. I am only typing this for him my little god of thunder. Raiden’s good pal Albus hung out with his daughter today 5 points to whatever house you are in if you can guess her name. Raiden and I had a more chill day with editing and learning work on the computer is really gonna suck….. A lot….. And I am going to be swearing a lot….[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]https://www.instagram.com/p/BVNZncclOKj/?taken-by=mayor_rory&hl=en[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Raiden wanted to celebrate getting the dratini and so he had some sake and it still hits him hard like in his youth (he got tipsy after just one cup). After that he decided he needed to go for a run to keep fit (a fit tama is a healthy tama and we are thinking healthy thoughts until the end of time as that’s how old he will be).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]June 12[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Today Raiden is 44, one day away from being 45 and we are getting excited. Things today weren’t so… smooth, cells decided to not lyse (fall apart and spill out their innards), my wrist made things very difficult for me, and pain and agony were my two companions while misery felt close by. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]https://www.instagram.com/p/BVQRlj3lXM5/?taken-by=mayor_rory&hl=en[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Typing isn’t as bad as it was last night, now i just need to find the right angle to do it well. We are starting my revisions of my thesis with the hopes of getting through the first chapter ( I will be getting help, having a friend read things for verb tenses and grammar stuff). In pokemon moon we made some great progress we caught the legendary (no spoilers) and now I think we are working on just filling the dex with all the pokemon that just need to evolve, and QR scanner (but that is gonna take some time…) but yeah I feel no real need to rush through the last part. But that has always been my playing style take my sweet old time and enjoy it. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]June 13[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Well today is the day, Raiden broke all expectations for me, he is 45 years old and still his age is shocking to me. In just a mere 5 days he will be 50, and that is half way to 100. That is just so crazy to think about. I know I know 145 (Aron’s record) and 200 (Elise) 45 doesn’t seen that big but to me it is. I am proud of this. 45, in 100 days he will be the age Aron was. So enough math for me I do enough of that in the lab. But 45 and still rocking his wrinkles. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Today we had a mildly short day in the lab, and tried to work on my thesis but sudden needs to go to the store and as the hours went by things just needed to be done. Anyways wrist still hurts so that also added to the not getting as much as I would have liked to do today done. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]https://www.instagram.com/p/BVTQN32ljJL/?taken-by=mayor_rory&hl=en[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Anyways we have finally started reading the pokemon adventures manga series (as I can read it on my ipod and that’s a one handed affair meaning good old leftie can chill and be grumpy without poking it) and yes we are only in volume 2 but wow. Highly recommended if you like the pokemon series, if you watched the anime things are different, and the art is just amazing. You can’t read manga without having art appreciation. The plot is interesting, the art is awesome, and to be honest I love some of the perspectives, pokemon have a lot more personality (battles can be really graphic), and all in all I am really enjoying the story (and it is inspiring me to want to write something I have some great world building and past plot and that’s it) [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]June 14[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Well today was one of those horrible days, nothing worked and I woke up in pain, and it was just not a good day. Well Raiden is 46 years old and as he is edging closer and closer to 50 he is feeling like he is on the brink of starting the next chapter of his life. I can’t tell you why he feels that 50 is a whole new era in his life, but it is.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]https://www.instagram.com/p/BVVsww8FBo6/?taken-by=mayor_rory&hl=en[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]He is still cross with me, as last night I let his hungry meter drop so low that he had to call for me to tend to his needs. The poor dear I felt rotten that I left him get that hungry but things happen and he is fine just being a drama llama.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]June 15[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Happy birthday tamatalk! Today Raiden is 47 years old and going on strong.Today wwe had a day of concentrations proteins is what all the cool kids are doing these days lol. And then we had to walk home hungry in the rain and the cold wind. We still have kiki the piggy teen and we have a selfish evening of video games and chips and my good friend coffee.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]https://www.instagram.com/p/BVX9Kw6F0A-/?taken-by=mayor_rory&hl=en[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]June 16[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Today we decided to have a day to work on my thesis and it felt good. We we played some pokemon moon (we are in the pokemon league building right about to challenge someone). Raiden also witnessed two evolutions all in one day (my V2 Bella is a marumimitchi, and kiki is a big haired hanerutchi adult). [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Raiden is 48 years old 2 days away from being 50 years old! We are getting excited!!! We had a small running to the post office and all in all it was a good day. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]https://www.instagram.com/p/BVbEZuel167/?taken-by=mayor_rory&hl=en[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]June 17[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]One day to go until we reach age 50. Can we make it? I think the odds are in our favour. We played pokemon (beat the league finally and out pokedex is at 80% and we are working hard to finish it). We finished a chapter of my thesis only a couple to go (never mind that we have the biggest one to combat next).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]https://www.instagram.com/p/BVc0B96FplS/?taken-by=mayor_rory&hl=en[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Not much else to say, I started my plus colour today and my V2 evolved into marumimitchi and I love her. I guess this is what happens when you have been logging the same tamagotchi for 49 days now. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]June 18[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]As days go this wasn’t a bad one Raiden reached 50, I forgot to take a picture to commemorate this achievement, and we had a very hard time focusing and working on my thesis but we did. Raiden is halfway to 100 how awesome is that??? Now 60 was the age range that the other long live oldies hatch had them all dropping like flies, but we are hard core. Raiden is named after a lightning god.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]June 19[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]A close call with Raiden hungry meter empty attention icon still on and he is 51 today. I am starting to worry that these near misses are adding up and that he’s gonna be getting sick or worse. And guess what I goofed and no pictures again…. Oops! Oh well it wasn’t the most exciting day[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]June 20th[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Well today we watched Moana and I don’t see all the hype it’s not like it was the first disney movie to be about a girl who doesn’t fit in her parents give her bad advice and she ends up discovering who she is and saving the world with a gorilla faced guy. She had the classic animal side kick and everything. Raiden is 52 years old and said Mulan was better and so was Brave and so was a bunch of other movies. And that is our day in a nutshell.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]https://www.instagram.com/p/BVkhuBpluJO/?taken-by=mayor_rory&hl=en[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]June 21[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]I hope I have pictures I feel bad it’s been a few days… oops! Well Raiden is doing good 53 and still young (he plays basketball just to prove it). This was a hard day in the lab nothing is working and he understands. Oh today Bella left me her son and he is a kuribotchi named Cedric (sans the i) other than that not much to report. Hooray Raiden lives. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]https://www.instagram.com/p/BVnx7rPFJwC/?taken-by=mayor_rory&hl=en[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]June 22[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]So if I can recall.. Raiden didn’t die on this day, instead he reached the age of 54 and one more day until he’s 55 (ain’t no party like a timelord party). He watched little cedric not get the best care but still become a UFOtchi proving your parents have something to do with how the baby grows. Oh and I totally have a picture of Raiden today[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]https://www.instagram.com/p/BVqvn2eF3tH/?taken-by=mayor_rory&hl=en[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Bam! I suck a little less now right? Right? Go on admit it. Raiden didn’t die and I have pictures.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]June 23[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Well here we are again… same bat place same bat channel. Raiden is 55 and in his old age he loves to eat escargot and melon (they fill 2 hearts and 3 hearts respectively) so it means less running (but he still does lots and lots of running he needs to remain fit and work off all those munchies of his and he likes he monies). Clowns scare me and yet I have a clown on my P’s why…. Just why…. Second generation on my plus colour and still no rainbow can (ten tries today alone) so we curse random number generators! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]https://www.instagram.com/p/BVtJsUnFVTZ/?taken-by=mayor_rory&hl=en[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]June 24[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Well I did it again, did I even take a picture of Raiden today? No, no I did not. Do I stand by my choices, yes yes I do. Today Raiden is 56 years old not that that is a surprise (he was 55 yesterday and he’s not dead). Sorry Apparently when there is a clown on my tamagotchi P’s I get sassy. Or maybe it was the thousands of gotchi points I spent trying to get the rainbow watering can, and still nothing. Who knows.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Today Raiden and I said goodbye to the blonde washed out fushia shock that was my hair and said hello or violet red. It looks good, I love it and so far my hair seems to like it too. And we are playing fantasy life, and thinking about getting Ever Oasis. Game play looks nice we like the idea of puzzles in the dungeons but we just aren’t sure yet.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]June 25[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Raiden lives to age 57 and I feel nothing but confidence that he will live to 60. I am anxiously trying to figure out how I will deal with him during the whole moving to a different province and setting up an apartment from furniture to internet, but I am sure I will figure something out. I really don’t want to have to pause him but I don’t want the whole major life changes killing him either I may have to compromise and have him just sleep for a lot, maybe have him wake up only when I can care for him, or maybe just not let him wake up. His age will be stunted but… I don’t know yet. Suggestions?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]https://www.instagram.com/p/BVxvi-Wlc-5/?taken-by=mayor_rory&hl=en[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Anyways I imagine I have a couple teens who will evolve sometime today an adult who will get that final puzzle piece so I can send them on their merry way. Also we got that rainbow watering can, after buying 10 lottery tickets (150 for one cheapest thing in the store so 1500 yes thats a lot of games to play in a row I now may hate apples) I do this once a day at least. Well today the first one the rainbow watering can then I won 2 more. Just… wow. So Time traveling to get the last two symbols to go to gotchi castle to make cash money.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]June 26[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Raiden is 58 years old on this fine horrendous monday. He is enjoying the hot hot sun (until his sweat pools in his wrinkles so much so he becomes a walking drowned rat of an old man). He is not enjoying my insomnia. He however did enjoy helping me write a story with a tamagotchi who in some ways is a main character but in other ways not. We have done a lot of plotting and it felt good to be writing again.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]https://www.instagram.com/p/BV0qgcGlt2G/?taken-by=mayor_rory&hl=en[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]In two days Raiden will reach 60 and I have to say I am pretty Jazzed about the whole thing. I never knew he would make it this long but I am excited. He is a constant in my life and it’s comforting knowing he is there.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]June 27[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Well I suck! No Raiden didn’t die but he was on death’s door that’s right the death spirit was hanging around him…. Lucky me had a previous ancestor who had passed so we looked at the shrine and watched them chase away the death god! I let his hungry meter drop all the way and I guess he got sick and I didn’t heal him… I was busy and dumb. Well he is all better now. And I feel like garbage I am a garbage person. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Okay so I took a breather and looked at Raiden’s details [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Life stage: Oldie[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Growth: Hitodetchi - ringotchi - memetchi -- oldie (man)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Illnesses: 2 (1- baby, 2- teen no reason (possible missed discipline call)) Death God came was scared away[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Near misses: 4 (empty hungry meter attention icon still on, light off attention icon still on)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Care miss: 3 (X2 hungry hearts empty attention icon off no sickness)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Current goal: Age 60[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]So there is no telling it the Death God will come again or not. But I hope not. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]June 28[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Raiden reached age 60! I still suck but I suck less today. I watched him like a hawk as I watched Cinna (her animations are so cute I would love to have the time to draw them all right now but I don’t…. Grrr but super cute a chicken working hard on flapping angel wings, and wearing a graduation cap (ironic as I am finished with my master’s save for the thesis edits) and so on but what can you do?) [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Today was filled with blue (specifically all over my fingers), and things working and then things not working and pain there was some of that too. Also, Fallout shelter is our latest obsession.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]https://www.instagram.com/p/BV5m92xlZv2/?taken-by=mayor_rory&hl=en[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]And that is our day, Cinna the chicken with derpy teeth says hello world, and Raiden is as strong as ever (although now I am paranoid that his meters are dropping faster than they did before.) And as I am typing this Cinna had a visit from the matchmaker and it’s a boy![/SIZE]

Latest posts

Back