Things to Know Before Buying an iD L

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's nothing really specific. I just bought a generic USB iD L and it seamlessly worked. It's all in the "timing".
Oh, maybe I'm misunderstanding. Do you need an infrared wireless transmitter device that plugs into the USB port? I thought you would need that to communicate with the iD L? I think I would need to buy a USB plug-in device, like the irDA listed on TamaZone. I think I get it, now!

Oh, maybe I'm misunderstanding. Do you need an infrared wireless transmitter device that plugs into the USB port? I thought you would need that to communicate with the iD L? I think I would need to buy a USB plug-in device, like the irDA listed on TamaZone. I think I get it, now!
Oops, yes that's correct! Where did I get that USB iD L!? I was supposed to say USB IrDA :p Sorry 'bout that! ;)

Great guide!! Thank you so much. Definitely put my mind at ease. The iD-L is for me!!

I do have a question however; Does it have weather such as rain, snow, thunder, storm clouds, etc? And I guess I'll also throw this question in as well, are you positive all the rooms decor can be changed? I heard that only the living room could be changed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will the Tamagotchi ID L (English) interact with my Color +? I saw an option on the connect menu for 'COLOR PLUS' in a video but the person who made it didn't really go over the connection options!

It would be so great if it did, the cost of the ID L is a little high for me so I can only afford one but it would be nice to be able to pair it with my color plus :)

Will the Tamagotchi ID L (English) interact with my Color +? I saw an option on the connect menu for 'COLOR PLUS' in a video but the person who made it didn't really go over the connection options!

It would be so great if it did, the cost of the ID L is a little high for me so I can only afford one but it would be nice to be able to pair it with my color plus :)
Yes, the iD L can interact with any colour Tamagotchi.

Just be informed that in some cases, the character Nazotchi will appear during connection if a character is not present in the current model (for example, if you try to make Lovelitchi on your iD L visit the +Color, she will appear as Nazotchi instead since Lovelitchi is not on the +Color, and vice-versa).

Last edited by a moderator:
This should be helpful,thanks. :lol: Im glad to know if its really worth the price!

I hope i can get one ..my boyfriend says he'll get me one..hehe.

Also how much are these infa-red ports/phones usually?..If you dont mind me asking

This should be helpful,thanks. :lol: Im glad to know if its really worth the price!

I hope i can get one ..my boyfriend says he'll get me one..hehe.

Also how much are these infa-red ports/phones usually?..If you dont mind me asking
Phones can be anywhere from a couple of cents to $100. Ones that are a couple of cents are usually ones up for auction. I would say the average price would be around $15-20 (for a Treo). The ports are somewhat cheaper (usually less than $10), but then there's shipping to think about too... :p

If you don't mind my advice, I would go for the phone. They're simpler to use, aren't fussy, and they don't do all weird things like USBs do. Phones you can transfer downloads in a few minutes; USBs feel like it takes a few hours just to connect it to your iD L.

Hi, I jut got my tamagotchi i DL yesterday and am wondering where can I get downloads from? Thanks so much! :) ^_^

Actually, i'm thinking of buying ID L but is there any major changes than Tamagotchi color?

Yes, the iD L is completely worth it even if you already own a +Colour. Just read this guide, it will tell you all the features that the TMGC+C doesn't have but the iD L does!

I can't wait to get my iD L in the mail! I ordered it yesterday and have been making visual guides translating the Japanese to English . I am using screen shots from the iD L E screens and iD L screens and then putting them next to each other for reference. Maybe I will post them here sometime? If that would be helpful. :)

Yay! This was helpful! I might get an ID L instead of a P's... Who knows?

Thanks! I just made it so there wouldn't be any more topics asking for before-buy info on the iD L. :)

Those don't work very well (I tried for about 5 hours and it did nothing), so I didn't include them. ;)
I use my dad phone,it's pretty old and nobody in my house use it,it's nokia e71 it's work really well you can also usb Ir but in my case i can't use usb Ir because i am using mac,The important thing is use the phone that have infrared and memory card. i hope this helpful ^_^

I use my dad phone,it's pretty old and nobody in my house use it,it's nokia e71 it's work really well you can also usb Ir but in my case i can't use usb Ir because i am using mac,The important thing is use the phone that have infrared and memory card. i hope this helpful ^_^
I knew that already, since I have got iD L downloads myself using a phone, but thanks anyway. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back