Thinking of buying a new tama

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chelseychild

Reaction score
Hi all!

I used to be quite active on this site a few years ago when I was younger (about 6 years ago I think!), under a different username which I can't remember now! I'm looking at buying one last tamagotchi for nostalgia's sake. I am 18 years old and I want to keep hold of my childhood for as long as possible! I'm sure other people my age and up would agree on that sentiment.

My question is which tamagotchi do I get!?

I would like a new tamagotchi, one in colour because I've never had one before. I don't mind if it's only in Japanese, but I would like to be able to change it to English with a patch. I'm not sure what the latest tamagotchi's are or what makes them unique. I've heard of the p's, friends, Mix and the 4u. Am I missing one?

What's the difference between them? Which one is the best to get that won't have me downloading too much. I've got an iPhone so if anything needs downloading that would be my only option so it would need to be compatible.

I've heard the 4u's aren't worth it if you can't access the downloadable content? Is that content available on an iPhone?

And I'm very confused about the Mix. Could someone please tell me about these new tamagotchi's in detail?

I guess I'm after a pros and cons list of the latest tamas on the markets!

thanks guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
The Color Tamagotchis to date are:

+color, iD, iDL, P's, 4U, 4U+, and m!x. I'm leaving out specialty versions and anniversary versions but they're essentially the base tama plus added content.

The only ones that can be patched to english are the P's, 4U, and 4U+.

I would absolutely recommend the P's. It's super fun, even without pierces, and you can download a ton of content from Mr. Blinky anyway.

The m!x is also very fun, but it's only in japanese. The premise of them!x is genetics, where features of the previous generation of Tamaotchis (hair, eyes, body shape, wings, etc) can be passed down to make m!xes. Also highly recommended if you don't mind it being only in japanese for now.

I have an iDL, iDL 15th anniversary, P's, P's Coffret Set, 4U+, Spacy m!x, and 20th Anniversary m!x. Of those, I'd definitely recommend the P's for a starter. It's easy to use and understand but still content heavy enough to be fun for a while.

Hope I helped~

I second Kajah- the P's are a ton of fun and you can find ones already patched to English on eBay fairly often. Otherwise the M!X was my first tama as an adult and there are menu translations out there to help work around the Japanese.

I will add that unfortunately the iphone does not work for patching tamagotchis. They require a device that has IrDA (infrared) capabilities.

The Color Tamagotchis to date are:

+color, iD, iDL, P's, 4U, 4U+, and m!x. I'm leaving out specialty versions and anniversary versions but they're essentially the base tama plus added content.

The only ones that can be patched to english are the P's, 4U, and 4U+.

I would absolutely recommend the P's. It's super fun, even without pierces, and you can download a ton of content from Mr. Blinky anyway.

The m!x is also very fun, but it's only in japanese. The premise of them!x is genetics, where features of the previous generation of Tamaotchis (hair, eyes, body shape, wings, etc) can be passed down to make m!xes. Also highly recommended if you don't mind it being only in japanese for now.

I have an iDL, iDL 15th anniversary, P's, P's Coffret Set, 4U+, Spacy m!x, and 20th Anniversary m!x. Of those, I'd definitely recommend the P's for a starter. It's easy to use and understand but still content heavy enough to be fun for a while.

Hope I helped~
Thank you! You've helped clear up a lot of confusion. I've been out of the loop for far too long! I think the p's will be a good choice for now and maybe I'll get the mix too later on. thanks again for your help!

I second Kajah- the P's are a ton of fun and you can find ones already patched to English on eBay fairly often. Otherwise the M!X was my first tama as an adult and there are menu translations out there to help work around the Japanese.

I will add that unfortunately the iphone does not work for patching tamagotchis. They require a device that has IrDA (infrared) capabilities.
I had a look at the tutorials for patching tamagotchi's and fortunately I've got an old Nokia phone thats got infrared! thanks for the tip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back