This isn't an animal abuse debate topic. I promise

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

~*Starfire*~

Reaction score
Okay so I bought pet rats a few months ago and I've tried bonding with them many times and they are horrible! They are aggressive! They bite and since I have to have them on the floor of my closet they throw their betting all over the place! I have my clothes all over my closet floor (they're not covered in rat droppings or anything) but they're on the floor because I accidentally broke the shelf and my rats somehow reach through their cage and destroy my blouses!! So I have a question for you tamatalkers... is it humane to let my rats go to live in the wild? Like let them go loose in the country? My mom says it's fine but I want people to tell me what they think please!

PetCo might take them.

They will often take small animals for free giveaway.

It doesn't sound like you will ever get along with them.

Or you could chose one. Sometimes rats are best as a single pet.

Other than that, you could find someone with a very large snakey who might want them. Just be sure they are knocked out or freshly killed before you feed the snakey as live food can do some major damage.

Letting them go isn't a good idea. It is possible they could become ferile and cause problems later on assuming they don't die right away.

Last edited by a moderator:
How big are they? Char has a snake :3

That was probably insensitive <.<;

I would see about taking them back to the store. I let two feeder mice out into my backyard years back and never saw them again, so I'm assuming something ate them. Rats might be different though. They're a lot bigger and probably a lot stronger.

It seems by what you described, buying rats from a pet store is similar to buying birds at one. They tend to not be so nice. If you want rats, you might be able to find someone who breeds them, although I have a feeling that might be more difficult than finding say, a bird.

You could also try giving them away to friend separately, or even keeping one for yourself as Mothra said and giving the other one away.

It's hard having angry pets -.- I had a bird like that. It's all in the way they're raised from birth and handled. Pet stores generally don't handle their animals much, so they tend to be unused to human interaction and can bite a lot depending on how long they've been there.

Please do NOT let them free.

They WILL die. Small, domestic animals such as rats and guineapigs can only live up to 3 days in the wild.

They have not been trained to live out there.

Sorry to sound angry..

Please post an add on kijiji or craigslist. You will get lots of replies, even if you state they have a bad attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back