Thought this was interesting...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PurpleJellybean92

Reaction score
I always wondered about that little beeping sound that tamagotchis make. You know, the one that many refer to as a heart beat? For those who don't know, if you hold most tamagotchi versions up to your ear it will make faint sounds, often like a heart beat.

During most of January I have had various versions of tamagotchis running.

Including some that belonged to my siblings that I ended up baby siting, there were 3 V1s, 1V2, 2V3's and 1 V4.

Heres what I've noticed.

V1's seem to use up the battery faster than any other version! :angry: I don't know if thats how they were made and this was fixed in newer games, or just because I'm more tempted to connect them with other tamagotchis simply because they don't do as much as other versions.

Back to that little heartbeat thing....

Unless all three V1s have some sort of unknown problem, (in one case, besides having an eyelash stuck inside 0_o ) They don't have a heartbeat. They've all flatlined, and the tone of the sound seems to depend on the last button pushed.

On V2s, the tone changes if you push buttons but its definitely a heartbeat type sound. Its only a flatline like sound if its switching over to the clock screen and back. Same for V3s and in both versions, the heartbeat beeps slower than usual while its in clock mode

For some reason, my V4 doesn't make a heartbeat or flatline sound. It's quiet. I don't remember if it ever did, but it doesn't today. :huh:

Why am I bringing all of this up? Out of curiosity, I was looking at all the tamagotchis heartbeats or for V1s, flatlines, and one was clicking instead of beeping. I flip it around to look at the screen and the battery was dead. The clicking eerily sounds similar to a radioactivity checker. (I don't know the real name of that machine, sorry! LOL) Its sounds very static-like.

And now that I look at it, the screen seems a little bit dimmer than usual on my V4. (Props to V3 for seeming to have the longest battery life)

But could it be that the tamagotchi heartbeat sound changes to clicking or goes quiet before the on screen dead battery message shows up? As a 19yr old that can't drive, I bet that kids with Tamagotchis are frustrated to find that the batteries have died with out noticeable warning, all of a sudden, they get a large X on their screen. So I'm sort of wondering if the heartbeat could be a way of knowing how much power is left in the battery? It would be nice to be able to say "Hey dad, buy batteries cause this one is gonna die in three days". Or maybe it's just wishful thinking? I'll keep an eye out.

NOTE

I didn't discover the tamagotchi heartbeat and I don't know who did officially, but props to you, whoever you are!

The battery life of your tamagotchi may vary compared to mine. I'm just going by what happened this past month, in my own experience.

And in the middle of all this typing, the atchmaker came to my V4 and it had a baby! Congrats to Sunny!! :D

Strange... My v1 has a perfect heartbeat that changes tone with button pushes.

My v6Stars do not... Nor does my v4. o.o

I will have to check my v3 whenever I start it back up.

Looks like another experiment for me. ^^;;

~Phnx

I have no experience with any of the versions newer than V4....sorry guys...your on your own in that case! But let me know about the V3. Maybe not having a heart beat really is a sign the battery will die soon!

I wonder if it might be the reverse... Heartbeat if battery is dying. o.o

My v6 has new battery since they came in packages.

Pretty sure the battery in my v4 is new also. The v1 I think is one of my older CMOS battery.

~Phnx

Last edited by a moderator:
My v5, v6, v4 and Tama-Go don't beep. But that was confirmed? Only my v3 has a heart beeps

My Keitai Akai makes a heart-beep, but my V4 doesn't.

Nothing was confirmed, just looking into an idea. Thats an interesting way to look at it Phnx, but my V4 doesn't have a heartbeat and its had a battery for a while now, maybe about 2 and a half weeks.

The screen is slightly dim, but not that I would have noticed if I wasn't looking for it.

I don't know what a Keitai Akai is......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back