TMGO Sound question...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

*mimitchi*

Reaction score
I just got my Tama-Go yesterday. When I put in new batteries, I noticed the sound was very faint and weak.

Are all TMGOs like this, or do I need new batteries? To be honest, It's a bit annoying considering my little V4 is louder than this chunk of a Tamagotchi.

It seems that I have this problem with my Tama-go. My little sister's TMGO is slightly louder then mine. It could one of Bandai's mess ups on the earlier releases. :)

They changed the sound a little bit to sound more ... Arcade? I don't know how to directly describe it.

Then its sounds a bit more muffled (quiet) because the sound is UNDER the batteries. So it naturally sounds a bit muffled because of that.

It isn't a glitch. Its Normal! ;)

Thanks for all your input, guys. ;) And also, thanks TamaMum for moving this to a more appropriate forum.

I'm still on the fence about the TMGO. I have a TMGC+C, and the TMGO almost pales in comparison. That's just my opinion though. It just seems like they could've put much more into it considering its ridiculous size. But then again, if this one would've had features of the TMGC+C like the color screen for example, they wouldn't really have been able to market it at a reasonable price. Still, I guess that depends on what you consider 'reasonable'. *shrug* It's all a matter of what one prefers I guess.

Edit: Reworded. I meant TMGO pales in comparison to the +C. Sorry guys. xD

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, I think the +C is much more worthwhile. Since the figures cost more, without them it's just a pixelated, black-and-white, poor sounding Tamagotchi that isn't even 1/4 as good as the +C. The Tamagotchi Plus Color has great sound, color, many built-in features, and et cetera. Even with the figures, the Tama-Go lacks a little..."pizzazz" and seems like something out of a Flinstones episode because of the size.

Honestly, I think the +C is much more worthwhile. Since the figures cost more, without them it's just a pixelated, black-and-white, poor sounding Tamagotchi that isn't even 1/4 as good as the +C. The Tamagotchi Plus Color has great sound, color, many built-in features, and et cetera. Even with the figures, the Tama-Go lacks a little..."pizzazz" and seems like something out of a Flinstones episode because of the size.
I agree 100% with you.

Sorry I worded my post weird, I meant the TMGO pales in comparison to the +C if you didn't catch that. ;)

once again there became two posts when I edited, strange...

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, I think the +C is MUCH more worthwhile. Since the figures cost more, without them it's just a pixelated, black-and-white, poor sounding Tamagotchi that isn't even 1/4 as good as the +C. The Tamagotchi Plus Color has great sound, color, many built-in features, and et cetera. Even with the figures, the Tama-Go lacks a little..."pizzazz" and seems like something out of a Flinstones episode because of the size.
o_O Take it easy, I am sure different people has different opinions about this, just give it a chance.

The reason that tmgo came to USA instead of the colour versions was that they had so many functions and so, so they would simply have to be too expensive for enough people to buy it. :D

Try compare any vintage tama to colour series, you could say just the same about them as the tmgo, pixlated, black-and-white, poor sounding, but yet fun right?

Try to be a bit more positive about this!

Tamagotchi is made for one reason; to have fun, right? :p :D

And oh, sorry if I were too intrusive... :D

Nope. I think you are in-line here. lolokotchi:)

SO LETS GET BACK ON TOPIC, Ne?

What do you guys think it sounds like? In Comparasion. I've heard a few discriptions here and there, but I'm curious.

I said they sounded like a Classic Arcade game. (Nintendo Game Boy/Atari Video Game System)

o_O Take it easy, I am sure different people has different opinions about this, just give it a chance.The reason that tmgo came to USA instead of the colour versions was that they had so many functions and so, so they would simply have to be too expensive for enough people to buy it. ;)

Try compare any vintage tama to colour series, you could say just the same about them as the tmgo, pixlated, black-and-white, poor sounding, but yet fun right?

Try to be a bit more positive about this!

Tamagotchi is made for one reason; to have fun, right? :D ;)

And oh, sorry if I were too intrusive... :(
Au contraire, I would choose a Familitchi or Music Star over the Tama-Go any day. And although it is pricey, the +C is a lot better (even for its price). I'm not complaining about it being in Japan. The thing is, it's available. And since it's a Tamagotchi, I can compare it. Personally, I think the Tama-Go isn't fun.

I don't think I would ever buy a Music Star over a Tama-Go, and I've never played with a V5 so I can't say anything about that. I love my Music Star, but I'd much rather have a Tama-Go. And when compared to a Color, wouldn't you say that if you buy enough figures for the Tama-Go to make the price equal to that of the Color ($50+), it would have a ton of features? And also, they're aimed toward two completely different regions. The Color is great for Japan, and the Tama-Go is great for America :) .

You guys should make a NEW topic about comparing the Color/ID to the Tama-Go.

Otherwise.... Stay on topic, please. :)

About the figure thing.... They can always update/upgrade to have more figures/games included.

Have you received the answear you were looking for?

I just think they did that so they don't annoy our parents. Just my two cents :furawatchi:
Ditto. Mine would go nuts just by me feeding it. Even my classic 97 tama drove them nuts.

I totally agree with you. My parents didn't even here it on a bit ago before it went to bed.

I don't think I would ever buy a Music Star over a Tama-Go, and I've never played with a V5 so I can't say anything about that. I love my Music Star, but I'd much rather have a Tama-Go. And when compared to a Color, wouldn't you say that if you buy enough figures for the Tama-Go to make the price equal to that of the Color ($50+), it would have a ton of features? And also, they're aimed toward two completely different regions. The Color is great for Japan, and the Tama-Go is great for America :furawatchi: .
As I said, I did buy 4 figures.

My 2 V6's sound is different, one is very light while the other is very low.

As I said, I did buy 4 figures.
(Sorry about going off topic again) I know, so I guess it's just personal choice on which one you like better. I'm not trying to say that either one is better than the other, just that for what you pay, you get a great Tamagotchi, and that's what matters :furawatchi: .

Back on-topic... The sound, from what I've heard in videos, is very weird. It sounds like a really old video game, and I'm not sure that I like it. It's probably better in person, but videos don't do it justice at all.

Ya it is a bit strange at first. But it takes some getting used to. It sounds like The Atari Game System.... They still exist... I have one in my Basement. If it works is unknown to me.... "Space Invaders" of Atari sounds very simmilar to Bug Shoot in the Tama-Go... If I remember right. Just they don't make extra sounds when they move. Or Galaxian of GameBoy Classic.... Or brick as others call it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back