Tokyo

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have a sister. Can she come if you only have one child?

• No, no, no, no, no, NO! NO SISTER FOR YOU!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

memetchirocks2122321

Reaction score
Hi, I kind of want to go to Japan! (I really wanna visit TamaDepa!) But my mom told me you can only have one child in Japan. Is that true? Me and my sister are both under the age of 18, so, legally, we are both still children.(Even though my dad calls us young ladies...) I just need some advice, and I neeed to know how much tickets cost, because, I'm not the richest family in America... So, please help me out!

P.S.

If this is in the wrong spot, you are allowed to move it...

EDIT:I am not rich at all, just a grammer error!

Last edited by a moderator:
Only One Child in Japan = One Child Policy and applies to a country where the government only allows couples who live in the country to have one baby - no more.

It does not apply to tourists visiting the country as a family and it does not operate in Japan - your mom is probably teasing you (although there is a "one child" policy in China) ;)

As for tickets - depends which country you are flying from, which airport you are flying from and which airline you are using - the prices can vary by a huge amount - but then again, if you have the richest family in America then that shouldn't even be an issue :p

Even if your family has a lot of money, it's still a big ask to expect your parents to buy tickets to another country just so that you can visit a department store ;)

Only One Child in Japan = One Child Policy and applies to a country where the government only allows couples who live in the country to have one baby - no more.

It does not apply to tourists visiting the country as a family and it does not operate in Japan - your mom is probably teasing you (although there is a "one child" policy in China) ;)

As for tickets - depends which country you are flying from, which airport you are flying from and which airline you are using - the prices can vary by a huge amount - but then again, if you have the richest family in America then that shouldn't even be an issue :p

Even if your family has a lot of money, it's still a big ask to expect your parents to buy tickets to another country just so that you can visit a department store ;)
I would be flying from Midway or Ohare Airport in Illinois(America) And, I would be visitng more than a department store! Tokyo looks awesome to me and I'm Jelous of my friend because she goes to Japan at the least twice a year!(I mean, ya, her mom's side is from Japan ^_^ )I hope that specified it better!(And Im not rich, just a typo! ;) )

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be flying from Midway or Ohare Airport in Illinois(America) And, I would be visitng more than a department store! Tokyo looks awesome to me and I'm Jelous of my friend because she goes to Japan at the least twice a year!(I mean, ya, her mom's side is from Japan ^_^ )I hope that specified it better!(And Im not rich, just a typo! ;) )
What city is the actual airport by you in? Ohare and Midway don't display an airport. It also helps to know dates, as that effects costs quite a bit. I would almost say that dates are one of the main factors.

Just for an example, I put in depart from Seattle, WA and Arrive in Tokyo, Japan. My dates are set from Jan 9, 2011 to Jan 14, 2011. Total cost per person is $1,076 USD

My guess for flights there would be anywhere between $1,000-2,000.

Try looking on sites like cheaptickets.com, Orbitz.com, Expedia.com. They usually have good deals. Just a warning though, the more you search, the more chance the price will increase :/ I've had that problem a few times when planning trips.

O'Hare (airport code ORD) and Midway (airport code MDW) are near Chicago.

Your destination airport in Japan will be Narita (airport code NRT.) It's about 60 minutes by express train from downtown Tokyo.

Don't forget that airfare is only a portion of the cost of the trip. You'll also need to consider hotel accommodations, meals, public transit (taxis are very expensive in Tokyo), entrance admission fees (for museums, zoo, etc.), and general spending money.

Also, if you'll need a passport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back