Tonsillectomy

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In June I will be having tonsillectomy, my tonsils will be removedWish me luck!
Good luck!

I had tonsillectomy when I was 9. It was OK, but I couldn't eat anything solid for the first two weeks and I had to watch Sesame Street every day because I still was kinda sick and crazy from the anesthesia.

One of the things your doctor will tell you to do is to not eat or drink anything at all in the 24 hours within ur tonsillectomy. It's really hard but worth it. Your health is much more important than not having food for a day.

Good luck, as you requested!

Your health really matters, and you can eat a more than usual amount of food for the few days before tonsillectomy.

Glad you don't have to have your adenoids removed, too! Tonsils is enough, right? :(

_cotton

ouch - hope it goes well :mimitchi:

In the UK they make you eat after the tonsilectomy... cornflakes would you believe?

To toughen up the throat - none of this "mamby pamby" ice cream stuff... my Mum nearly cried when she had to eat Cornflakes after her tonsils were taken out :D (I know I shouldn't have laughed - but it was more relief that it wasn't me having to eat them after a tonsilectomy) :D

OMFG!

I just got Toncilidious on Spring Break!!!!I almost had to get my toncils out!
Your post is confusing. First you said you got the operation on spring break, second you are saying you almost? Clear it out for me please I just quite don't understand it.

ouch - hope it goes well :D
In the UK they make you eat after the tonsilectomy... cornflakes would you believe?

To toughen up the throat - none of this "mamby pamby" ice cream stuff... my Mum nearly cried when she had to eat Cornflakes after her tonsils were taken out :blink: (I know I shouldn't have laughed - but it was more relief that it wasn't me having to eat them after a tonsilectomy) :D
Oy! That sounds awful! I would of told them to buzz off and let me eat some ice cream lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back