Too old? Loser?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bring it and let people see it at school?

• Heck Yes! Who minds about other people's opinions!

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • No Way-people would think you're weird...

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • I would

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • I wouldnt

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Um....maybe???

Votes: 6 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Missvioletchi

Reaction score
My 2 best friends wasnt me to take it at school....

Check off something in my poll? :)

xoxo,

missvioletchi

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude, I'm 13, and I take them to school. You shouldn't really care what people think, if they're you're true friends, They will love you and think you're a dork for who you are <33 (Dork, in a cute way xD not like loser lol)

But yeah :0 I actually got TWO people to get the new Tama-go at my school c: They're both guys too LOL.

Anyway, just take them to school, I still plan on taking them to school next year too, when I'm in high school.

BTW~ When is your bday? :0

There's nothing to worry about if they're your friends, as LittleChocoWolf said. I bring my Tamagotchi to school everyday, and I'm a sophomore in high school. ^_^

If you're honestly too uncomfortable to bring the Tamagotchi openly to school, bring it in a little closed box and show it to your friends. That way, only your friends will see it and it won't be crushed in your backpack. It's what I do. :blink:

In the way of "should I bring it to school or will people laugh at me?" Go ahead and bring it to school. Don't ever hold yourself back from anything just because you're worried of what people might think.

In the way of "should I bring it to school in general?" I'd say no, only because if a teacher sees it, chances are they'll take it.

I bring mine to work. People are just used to it now. :p Be who you are and don't worry about it.

I would bring mine if my school allowed things like tamagotchis but they don't. Maybe the other people may think your a little bit childish, but who cares! Your friends probably don't mind because they don't tease each other. And also if you do bring it to school and people call you weird just ignore it, Just don't care what other people think. ;)

Does your school allow tama's?

I brought them Senoir year to school... Never to old to ENJOY what YOU love. Don't worry about the other people around you. If people have a problem with them, Ignore them, some people are just too full of themselves.

Some youngsters can be so immature and unforgiving. Just be yourself and distance yourself from the people who don't respect that. As you go along, you'll realize who your true friends are and come to find that they are the ones who accept even this little quirk of yours and may even find it endearing. :) As Dr. Seuss once said, "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

I would bring mine if my school allowed things like tamagotchis but they don't. Maybe the other people may think your a little bit childish, but who cares! Your friends probably don't mind because they don't tease each other. And also if you do bring it to school and people call you weird just ignore it, Just don't care what other people think. ;)

Does your school allow tama's?
THanks! :) Im not exactly sure if my school allows them....they allow cell phones, so i guess they'd allow tamas. I never thought to ask.

xoxo,

missvioletchi

Yup. Bring'em. My friends call themselves "the dorks". Jess is Reading Dork, Megan is Sporty Dork and I'm Tamagotchi Dork. :3

I'm 12 13 in 9 months and I bring mine to school. I don't really care what people think.

'Too old?', 'loser?'

I took my Tamagotchis to college and university, and now I'm 22 I take them to work lol.

The only person who ever called me a loser (that I know of :p ) is my sister, but that's her job ;)

when i was in high school i took my music star to school. the most that happened was the teacher told me put it in my locker until after school. sure people rolled their eyes at me, but some also thought it was kinda neat. (only a few) doesn't matter what your friends think, it's for your personal enjoyment, not theirs.

I usually take four to school each day and made 3 people get a music star / v5 . Now they always want to connect during switching classes lol. As everyone else says, "who cares? Just have fun with it while time passes and dont listen to the immature ones". Be who you are and dont turn yourself into a follower.

I'm not brave enough to bring mine to school, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't be. What other people think of you, honestly, is none of your business.

p.s. im 14, gonna be 15 in april.

I'm 29 and i take my 3 v3s to work with me everyday,i keep them on pause,then unpause them and play with them on my breaks.Screw what everyone else thinks,that's what i say!

If you ask me, as long as they're silenced/paused/in the locker during class so as not to disrupt, there's no problem at all! You have to let some fun into your life, regardless of how people will judge because they're always going to judge for the silliest, most trivial things. A lot of kids who grew up with P1 & 2 may remember them, and it could start a new trend. Either way, you'll have your little 'gotchi buddy with you at school, so who cares? Good luck! ^_^

I'm 14 in about three months, and, honestly, what they think about you is their business, as itsrainingmagic said. If you're supposed to care what they think, perhaps it should be something you all have the same opinion on.

I bring two to school everyday, and, wear them clearly on my lanyard. If someone ask what they are, I tell them. A bunch of my friends are even quoted saying "You still have those!? Oh my goodness! I remember when you used to walk around with like seven on at one time!", and, it's true. In 5th grade I did that (but, I've calmed a bit since then).

If I'm even teased in the slight, my reply is: "OK. So that's what you think. Your point is?"

Don't let it bother you. You do you. It's all you can do.

I was 13 and in middle school when I started playing them, I bought a V1 and the first day I brought it to school (the day after I bought it) one of my friends wanted to connect with me. I kept taking them through high school, although I remember one lunch I brought one out in front of my 'friends'... She snorted and said "Oh my god, we are in high school... You are such a baby." That day, I decided not to care about her opinions and just didn't take it out in front of her, still bringing it with me. Turns out, she was never my friend in the first place. I used to even have them in band class with me :D

Take em with you and enjoy yourself, I agree with using the pause and silent feature on them. Although, if your classes aren't that long, just keeping them on silent should suffice. I have very fond memories of playing my V2 in my English 1 class when the overhead projecter was on (all my work was done lol).

Now, I'm 19 and starting back up with mine. I haven't taken them to work with me, but I might start soon :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back