Tropical Fish.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

<-Honeysuckle->

Reaction score
I'm getting tropical fish in a week's time! I'm getting: Mollies; Platys; Guppies; and Swordtails.

They've got a big tank and I'm going to take care of them very well. Who else has tropical fish? :(

I'd like to hear.

Hehe. Cheese. XD

That's awesome! :(

I wish I could get Tropical Fish, Jelly Bean Kind to be exact, but I'm not allowed.

My tank isn't meant for that kinda fish..

Aww. I have had all of those. They are great fish to have.

A community tank like that can be a lot of fun :furawatchi: .

Congratulations!

I have 3 gold fish I have had for a few years now and a betta that is in a hanging tank on the wall beside me in the computer room here. :unsure: Fish are nice to have around. :blink:

I had guppies before. We didn't have the right environment, so sadly after 3 days, they both died.

I hope you have fun with your new fish! Fish are always fun to have around. You don't have to take them for walks or groom them.

I hope I can get another fish soon.

I ALWAYS keep tropical fish. They're very interesting

and have beautiful colors. I've kept a type of Chichlid called

a Jack Dempsey, Bettas, Neon-Tetras, Gouramis, and Silver Dollar Fish.

Im fixing to keep a fish that is in the family of the Pirahannas.

I wanna keep Guppies so bad!

I'm getting tropical fish in a week's time! I'm getting: Mollies; Platys; Guppies; and Swordtails.
They've got a big tank and I'm going to take care of them very well. Who else has tropical fish?  :(

I'd like to hear.

Hehe. Cheese. XD
I do! I've had them since February and I had all the fish you said you'll get! You shold start with tetras or guppies, then get mollies and all that. Float the bag in the tank water to equalize the temprature in the bag before letting the fish in your tank to prevent stress from temprtaure difference.

:( Camelle :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had many different kinds of freshwater species over the years. I'll share my thoughts about them.

Guppies: I've had lots of guppies. They are extremely hardy fish and are one of the more long lived ones I've seen. They come in many attractive colors, including rainbow varieties, and are very low-maintenance. Highly recommended fish!

Platys: I was never a fan of these fish... :/ Mine were always shy and never swam around much. :( Also, they always seemed to get the most food out of all the fish. They always got nearly all the bloodworms when I tossed in a cube as a treat. Don't like them much.

Mollies: These are OK fish. They don't live a terribly long time in my experience, but they are an attractive, hardy addition to a community tank.

Swordtails: I love the way these guys look, but they're frail and bully-ish. Not my favorite fish, but they look really cool!

Some other good beginner Freshwater Fish:

Neon Tetras: They are fragile, very, very fragile, but they're gorgeous, don't bother the other fish, and live a long time.

Red Miner Tetras: These things live forever. They aren't very exciting, but they mind thier own business, are happy to feed on the food that falls in the middle, and as I said, live an incredibly long time.

(There are many more tetra species, and I've tried a lot of them, just can't think of any atm.)

Danios: A personal favorite! Sure they aren't very colorful, but they're nice, long-lived, and very amusing. They love swimming through things and are also intelligent. Mine approach the glass as if saying hello whenever I get close to the tank. :(

BOTTOMFEEDERS:

Upside-down catfish:EXTREMELY long-lived. My first one, who was in my initial group of fish, is still around today! (He's four years old.) They're nocturnal and will sleep in a ceramic cave or other hiding place if you give them one. And yes, they really do swim upside-down! :(

Sucker fish: Probably my favorite fish of all time. They get HUGE, live long, are hilarious-looking, and will just eat the algae off the glass. (I also give mine algae wafers.) A very awesome fish that I highly recommend!

I hope this helped! :( Also, if it interests anyone, currently my tank contains: A suckerfish, an upside-down catfish, red miner tetras, neon tetras, danios, and guppies.

Heh one tip, dont have mollies and a catfish in teh same tank. they dissappear one by one... Hehe... I learned.

*Slaps catfish8

I love tropical fish. I've only kept Bettas though. They are so beautiful. :)

I like fish, but we have cats so all I get to have is one goldfish... He (or she? o__o) has lived for about 5 or more years. And goldfish and tropical fish need different water tempuratures. I would love to keep some saltwater fish, but they're hard to take care of [properly.]

I like fish, but we have cats so all I get to have is one goldfish... He (or she? o__o) has lived for about 5 or more years. And goldfish and tropical fish need different water tempuratures. I would love to keep some saltwater fish, but they're hard to take care of [properly.]
Yeah, my sister tried that before.

They couldn't handle it. They are extremely hard to care for.

I don't think they kept it too long.

I've had lots of tropical fish over the years.

They're really good, because they're peaceful to watch, fun to take responsibility of, make your house look nicer, and give you an interesting hobby.

I've had Mollies and Guppies. Mollies are really friendly, after a while, when you get to know them, you can feed them special food by hand! Its a real shame they grow so fast...

Platy's are nice too...

But my favourite and highly recommended tropical fish is a Guppy. They have a good temperament they don't grow too big, and they come in all amazing colours!

Great advice Kiwitchi Fan by the way. :(

.:: Hot Banana ::.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back