Trouble In (So-Called) Paradise

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tamagirl9406

Reaction score
Okay... I have mentioned in a few topics about a boy named Austin, or A. We are both 13 and have been going out for 1 month. There have been some problems between us. One of my friends AKA his ex from 5th grade, and a friend of both of ours, Alexis.

Alexis is the type to start up goosip and spread lies about everyone. That is what she is doing now to us.

She goes back and forth between us telling lies about the other. The latest one was when she told both of us that the other wanted to break up with the other. He asked me if I was and I said, "No. If I wanted to, which I don't, I would have the guts to tell you, tell you, and then cry." I asked him if he wanted to break up with me. He said, "No. I wouldn't wanted to because I would end up crying like I did at the dance." Then he hugged me and told me not to listen to everything Alexis said.

I don't know what to think or what to do. I have a strong feeling you guys can help me with my situation. Please and thank you!

just dont listen to rumors. tell your b/f that if you wanted to break up, you would tell him in person.

To me it sounds like Alexis is jelous.

Maybe she still has feelings for Austin?

Confront her about it and ask her to stop.

Or just ignore them.

If things get out of hand tell your Year Co.

Good Luck.

If Alexis is your friend, she wouldent spread lies about her friend.

Sure, gossiping is fine, but lies are a no-no.

Tell her that if she spreads rumors and lies about her "friends" that arnt true, she's not going to get alot of friends in the near future.

The best way to deal with this is to try to cut Alexis - or any other ppl who spread rumours and gossip - out of the loop.

Talk with Austin again and suggest that you and he have a "deal" - the deal is that if either of you hears any rumours or gossip about each other that you will talk about it with each other before either of you believe anything you have heard.

Give Austin the example about the rumor Alexis told both of you and say that this is exactly what you should both try to avoid.

Suggest that if he is told anything about you (by anyone - not just Alexis) he should say something like: "Oh really? That doesn't sound like the tamagirl9406 that I know... I think I will check it out with her, just in case it's a rumour/gossip"

In turn, you should also say that if you hear anything about him, you will say a similar sort of thing.

If he agrees with the idea then hopefully you will managed to stop any lies or gossip going any further - whether it is from Alexis or anyone else.

Okay, I fixed my situation. Yesterday, Alexis came up to me and told me that Austin said he was in "love" with Brianda (his 5th grade ex-girlfriend) and Caitlin (one of his friends). I took your advice and talked to him about it on the phone last night. I asked him and he said that if he loved either of them he would give them his jacket instead of giving it to me. He said that was why he gave it to me every day after 3rd period when he sees me and lets me wear it. After we took care of that we talked about other things. We talked about how we both don't have our biological dads. Mine left when I was a baby. His left for Iraq (didn't say goobye), came back (didn't say hi), and then went back overseas. I told him how I was leaving for a while this summer.He said "You go bye byes?."

I said that I might. It would be to visit my dad. I told him that I was scared to. He asked me if I was scared because I thought he wouldn't love me. I said that was pretty much what it was. He said that there would always be one guy who would always love me. When I asked him who and he told me that he was too nervous to say who. Then he said two letters "M-E". After all that he said that he was hungry. I asked him if he was going to leave me. He said no, that he would stay on the phone until I hung up or he really had to go. Then he said that he loved me, he hated me, he loved me, he hated me, he loved me, he hated me. I asked him which it was and he told me to guess. I said that I guessed he hated me (just to mess around with him. We always to that play around) He said that I guessed wrong and that he loved me and nothing would make him stop. About 10 minutes later, he said I have to go bye byes. When I asked him why, he said it was because he had to go to the bathroom. I said okay and bye. He told me that he would call me tomorrow (today). Then we both ended up saying "I love you" at the same time. There was more in that 3-hour conversation, but it would take too long. Well thanks you sooooo much for all the help!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratz, glad it all worked out. If it happens again, tell her to butt out of your personal lives. I hate people like that.

[SIZE=8pt]Well it sounds to me that you and Austin have a good relationship already, and aren't letting Alexis get in the way of that... if she keeps spreading lies, just tell Austin just not to trust her[/SIZE]

EDIT: congrats on getting it solved!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back