Turns out my DJing career is about to take flight very early.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

~SkrillexGotchi~

Reaction score
My Dad suggested that I start DJing now at the age I'm at, because it seems it would give me an extra leg up into the DJing industry. My Dad's friend is already trying to get me the full, and latest version, of FL (FruityLoops) Studio 12, and possibly if I ever save up enough money, I can buy my own Ableton Live brand Launchpad and try to do some songs with samples from songs or my own vocals and put it into one thing.

I may even make my own Soundcloud and post my newest tracks and EPs.

Any tips on making me not nervous so I don't mess things up and screw up any drops or sequences (especially when I might start to go on tour when I get older and when my music is popular enough)? Plus, I'm gonna start making a list of DJ names and maybe draw a logo for it.

Any tips on making me not nervous so I don't mess things up and screw up any drops or sequences (especially when I might start to go on tour when I get older and when my music is popular enough)? Plus, I'm gonna start making a list of DJ names and maybe draw a logo for it.
Anyone who performs (or has performed) will tell you... practise, practise, practise.

If you're pre-recording music at the stage you're at then, even if you mess up, you can always record again.

Always remember that you make music for YOU, primarily. So chill out and have fun with it :)

AND YES PRACTICE

One of my best friends DJ's.. he's not famous or anything, but works with FL Studio on all his tracks and has a soundcloud if you might want to contact him! I'm sure he'd be glad to help you!

If you're pre-recording music at the stage you're at then, even if you mess up, you can always record again.

Always remember that you make music for YOU, primarily. So chill out and have fun with it :)

AND YES PRACTICE
Thanks Kajah. :)

One of my best friends DJ's.. he's not famous or anything, but works with FL Studio on all his tracks and has a soundcloud if you might want to contact him! I'm sure he'd be glad to help you!
Does he use the full version or demo?

My Dad suggested that I start DJing now at the age I'm at, because it seems it would give me an extra leg up into the DJing industry. My Dad's friend is already trying to get me the full, and latest version, of FL (FruityLoops) Studio 12, and possibly if I ever save up enough money, I can buy my own Ableton Live brand Launchpad and try to do some songs with samples from songs or my own vocals and put it into one thing.

I may even make my own Soundcloud and post my newest tracks and EPs.

Wow a DJ! Cool! :D Good luck. If you ask me, a nice DJ name might be a variation of your real one, with just an adjective added to it. They're all right: the main thing you can do is practice, and play music that you like. But never let it take over your life. Remember: that sort of stuff is supposed to be fun; most of the time, if you don't enjoy it, you may not be good at it. With nervousness, breath. That sort of stuff is just your brain worrying about if you're gonna do good or not. But hey, just focus on the current moment and do you best.

Well sorry if that was weird and long I'm sorta a stickler for emotional pep talks and advice :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Full version.
Ah, sweet.

Wow a DJ! Cool! :D Good luck. If you ask me, a nice DJ name might be a variation of your real one, with just an adjective added to it. They're all right: the main thing you can do is practice, and play music that you like. But never let it take over your life. Remember: that sort of stuff is supposed to be fun; most of the time, if you don't enjoy it, you may not be good at it. With nervousness, breath. That sort of stuff is just your brain worrying about if you're gonna do good or not. But hey, just focus on the current moment and do you best.

Well sorry if that was weird and long I'm sorta a stickler for emotional pep talks and advice :p
Hey, that's okay. And thanks. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back