un-socail hamsters

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doglover10

Reaction score
i have a hamster named buster, he is a long haired teddy bear hamster and that means he is also a hamster that does not get along with other hamsters, just humans. im considering getting this one gurl hamster, shes the same GENRAL breed, shes a syrian (the brown short haired ones u always see on TV) and of corse i would put them in diffrent cages for regular day living but wat if i want them to have hamster babies? would i just put the gurl in his cage for awile and wait? how do i o they will...erm..uhh "interact" with each other instead of fight? also they are not the same exact breed so could they still have babies? im just crios

i have a hamster named buster, he is a long haired teddy bear hamster and that means he is also a hamster that does not get along with other hamsters, just humans. im considering getting this one gurl hamster, shes the same GENRAL breed, shes a syrian (the brown short haired ones u always see on TV) and of corse i would put them in diffrent cages for regular day living but wat if i want them to have hamster babies? would i just put the gurl in his cage for awile and wait? how do i o they will...erm..uhh "interact" with each other instead of fight? also they are not the same exact breed so could they still have babies? im just crios
Well I'd do some research on hamster behaviour at the library or online before doing anything of the sort. I'd also ask your parents if it's alright with them that you breed them.

Just make sure if you ever do want hamster babies that you're willing to take care of all of them, since they seem to have a LOT of babies when they *ahem* do the do. A lot like rabbits.

Your hamsters could die you know. You will have to do alot of reasearch. Some hamsters die because you leave them to long with the male hamster, ect.

I had two long haired teddies and they got alone fine o.o;

As for breeding, unless you truly know what you're doing and are willing to spend more money on one or two extra cages, I wouldn't breed.

I had an 'incident' where two of my hamsters ended up getting pregnant by the *same male(lil' pimp). One had perfectly healthy babies, but I had to buy two more cages, and the other one ate her babies.

While they're cute, they're a lot more money and time than they're worth.

*I didn't know he was a male when I got him. He was still just a baby and the woman I got them from thought he was a girl.

Your hamsters could die you know. You will have to do alot of reasearch. Some hamsters die because you leave them to long with the male hamster, ect.
thats exacly what im afraid of,

and dont worry, the rest of u , i did the reserch, and im still kinda scared that buster or his "wife" could hurt each other, also im turning 16 so my parents said i could let them have little babies, mostly cuz my friends want some of there own, and i would want one baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back