Uncureable diseases

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Behind you. Didn't see me? That's because I'm a ni
Let's start out with the big C. I have always seen cancer as some disease, although horrible, but everything changed when it took my assistant gym teacher. I was nothing special to her I am sure, but she was an idol to all of us students. We all heard news of it one day, and it sent us into a deep sadness, except for me. The anger inside of me burned so hot it became white. As I grew up from the 4th grade, I never forgot it. I always thought in my head that finding a cure to cancer was just finding some other cell to fight it, and this is still my main opionion today. In the deep, dark recesses of my mind I know, that if I were to devote my life to curing this terrible disease, it would not be as simple as that, and it would be hard. I know that I probably would never accomplish it, but in my heart, I felt that rage. I channeled it into courage and strength. It gave me the feeling that even though I knew it would not be simple, I could do it. I would love to hear your story, as it would give me strength. I hope my story has given you strength as well.

it depends on how close the person is to me on how much effort would be given, age is also a factor

in theory if it was my, let's say 96yr old great grandmother, i would help care for her, but wouldn't try to heal her of it, cause she wouldn't have much time anyway

but if it was my Best friend and he is only 16, i'd do nearly anything possible to keep him alive.

Last edited by a moderator:
I too worry about cancer deeply, as my uncle passed of it a few years ago. I too want to find a cure!

it depends on how close the person is to me on how much effort would be given, age is also a factor

in theory if it was my, let's say 96yr old great grandmother, i would help care for her, but wouldn't try to heal her of it, cause she wouldn't have much time anyway

but if it was my Best friend and he is only 16, i'd do nearly anything possible to keep him alive.
Well, I do see your point. Even if, most of these diseases kill you very painfully and slowly. If you were to have a grandma sick, well... I would honestly put her out of her misery if she asked me to, but I do believe that everybody deserves an equal opportunity to live.

Weelll, I too see cancer how Nazotchi does, when My great grandma died of cancer at 100 it was her time anyways..

but when my aunt died of breast cancer at 24 , well,

you know how it was. :mellow:

Weelll, I too see cancer how Nazotchi does, when My great grandma died of cancer at 100 it was her time anyways..

but when my aunt died of breast cancer at 24 , well,

you know how it was. :mellow:
Awww, we are really sorry to hear that. Remember to stay strong and and do you what you feel necessary to make sure she is happy, wherever she is.

I have the same view as Nazotchi 25 does. A young person with their whole life ahead of them should be a priority over an older person who has lived a full life. However, some diseases such as cancer and diabetes are actually "hard-wired" into our DNA. All they need is a trigger to set them off.

My grandmother is a cancer survivor, it went into remission at the beginning of last year. At the time, I could do nothing than just make sure she was taken care of after her surgery.

A brain tumor took my grandpa. My uncle has gotten skin cancer twice, little tumors that were removed. My grandma had breast cancer but was able to get rid of it. High chances I'll develop it at some point. But in my honest opinion, I don't think it's 'curable.' Even the dinosaurs had it. I do, however, hope that in the future there are more preventative measures and better ways of fighting it that cause less harm to the body than radiation and chemo.

I see it the same as Nazo25 and Gold.
I do worry about my girlfriend for one reason. Her family on both sides (mother and father) runs with cancer. So sadly to say, she has a pretty good chance with it too. She has already lost a few relatives to it. (1 being her grandmother recently). I hope she doesn't get it, but if she ever does, i'll be with her through it to the end.

My grandmother does from cancer at 66 years old, she never smoked and looked after herself and she still died. It wasn't her time to go, I remember cuddling her and watching films together while she was I'll in bed. I always though she would get over it but she never did because she had had 2 times before.

My grandfather died of Alzheimer's and it also wasn't his time to go, although he had a good life! He was 72. His wife, my grandmother also had cancer, but the treatable skin cancer, she had it removed and it hasn't returned, but she used to go out in the sun without any sun cream. This could have caused the cancer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back