V2?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is the V2 good?

• YES IT IS THE BEST VERSION EVERRRRRRRRR!

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • It's great, I recommend it!

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • It's okay, not the best, but not awful.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Hmm...I was a bit disappointed with it...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO WAY WHAT ARE YOU THINKING IT IS AWFUL!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
So yeah. Don't stop at the poll! Please post the pros and cons of the V2, and other info like cute characters/not cute characters, games and school sneakability. I also want to know the basic settings and features like if you can set the contrast and how durable it is. I especially want to know how it responds to being dropped on tiles, since I end up doing a lot of that, but that's not the only thing.

I am thinking of buying a V2. However, the only new one I can find (I don't buy used Tamas. One of my rules for Tamagotchi Collecting. I have these rules to prevent me ending up with a broken Tama) is very expensive, about half the price of the average vintage. I was very disappointed with my Angelgotchi, and I don't want to make the same mistake. I LOVE the V3, but mine broke. I want to collect all the Connections. I only have V5.5, V5 Celebrity, V1 and V2 to go but I would also like a new V3. I'm going to put the V5-ish ones on hold for the moment since I'm running a normal V5 right now. Would I be better off with a V3, or is the V2 worth $100? Please post your true opinions, and don't be afraid to hate on it if it's super annoying with training or anything. Also I REALLY want to know about the characters, since the ONLY thing that put me off my 5th Generation V4.5 was getting Shitekitchi (this really awful character).

THE POLL IS NOT MEANT TO SHOW EXACT ANSWERS. Don't think the poll is too limiting, I would never think that those are the only opinions of people! People might, for example, think the V2 is only good, not great, but they should still select the "It's great, I recommend it!" on the poll. I am only looking for rough answers, and it is not a public poll.

~ Dazzmina

It's pretty awesome, thought not the best. I felt in between it's great and it's ok. it has very very limited characters, but the "screen saver" animations are adorable :lol: plus it doesn't have a really annoying antenna! It's Good, not great, not OK, good.

edit: wait whaaa? $100? y'know there are some sellers you can trust... ask others about them cuz they're much much cheaper than $100 when used, maybe $30 with shipping? I forget who I bought my V1 from, but he was recommended by some at tamatalk, I bought it lightly used and it is in prime condition, plus it arrived before it was estimated and was amazingly packed, it was almost hard to unwrap it.

school sneakability: 10: it's small and doesn't have a pokey antenna

Durabilty:8: you don't want to know how many time I have dropped the V2, it gets scratches easily cuz the part around the screen is pretty shallow. but I have had that thing THROWN across a room and hit a wall with it attaining no damage.

aannd I think you can changed the contrast. IDK but I am almost completely sure you can.

Entertainment:6: it's pretty good but after a few generations it gets boring cuz of repeat characters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe it's been too long since I bought my V2s, but $100 dollars seems really expensive to me for one of them. I know you want one in the package, but I have purchased many used Tamagotchis on ebay and they have all come in excellent condition. I love my V2s, I have four (I actually won one here on tamatalk some years ago!) The characters don't get boring to me, but I grew up with the Tamagotchis of the 90s, which had I think 6 adult characters, so the V2 seems like it has plenty of adults to me. I agree with Zuzu that the V2s have a very nice antenna-free shape and I also like the colors--I have a blue one with flowers, the camouflage one, and yellow with butterflies. And a red one with hearts that I won in the contest!

My bottom line: I really like my V2s, but I don't think I would say they are worth $100 dollars. BUT collecting MIB tamagotchis has never been a priority to me, so it is hard for me to judge.

You'll like the V2 if you like the V3. The main difference between the two is that the V3 has passwords for TamaTown and they have a different set of characters. A lot of the characters on it are quite cute. ;)

Agreeing that it's not worth $100 for a new one, though.

OK thanks! All of you seem to say it's pretty cute, and durability and school sneakability are DEFINITELY up my road since I'm not the sneakiest person ever, nor the person with good finger grip so my Tamas are always helter-skelter over the kitchen floor XD. And yes, two DID break, but they were only some stupid V6 and an old V5, not my iD L.

All of you ALSO seem to say it's not worth $100 for a new one. I wouldn't ever be allowed to actually communicate with the sellers, but is the positive feedback percentage under the seller's name at the top right hand corner reliable? If so, I'll just choose a Used seller and base my decision on price, positive feedback, and shell design and condition. I've got to go through several phases:

Finding Tama on eBay on my own

Telling my parents about it and getting them to view it

Getting my money together

My dad messing on eBay to try and get the delivery speed right

Double checks that I REALLY want it just before ordering

Ordering

A month of waiting and tracking (parents won't do fast delivery :angry: )

Arrival and starting

But I'm sure it will be worth it. Also, if I get it and hint that I am collecting all the collections and only have a few to go, then I might end up with a V1 for Christmas. Or my parents might put their annoying habit of keeping it a surprise and making it a Christmas present into action and the V2 might get super delayed. At any rate, I'm going to get it, and the ONLY thing I'm asking for for Christmas is a DSi.

Thanks for all the advice! I'm gonna get on eBay now! :D

~ Dazzmina

OK! I'm glad to say I am already decided! I've found a nice V2, purple, from a seller with 100% positive feedback, for $30! Well it says it's either V1 or V2 but I don't really care, just as long as I get a Connection I don't have and it's probably V2 anyway. My mom's a bit bothered because she wants me to clean my guinea pig's cage before my friend comes over, so I'll show her after the friend's gone and the cage is clean. Thanks guys, you've given me all the information I wanted!

I have 2 v2s: one I bought new at the store and one I bought new from Amazon. Both cost me $15. Granted, that was in 2006 and 2008, so prices may have changed, but I think you could get a v2 for $30 or less online. The v2 was my favorite tamagotchi. My first tamagotchi was the connection v1 back in fall 2004, so my premise of tamagotchis is that a tamagotchi should be simple and somewhat easy to take care of. The v2 came out and it was my favorite, because it was almost exactly like the v1, but with more characters and a shop feature (and buyable toys!) The gameplay was stepped up just one notch from the v1, so it was clearly an innovation for my 11 year old mind :p I think almost all of the characters on the v2 are cuter than cute. It retains all of the v1 characters, then it doubles that number with characters from the ancestor tamagotchis and some more that they took from the debug characters on the v1. I feel kind of old saying this...hehe, I feel like I'm one of few who actually got the first connections at stores.

Also, I debugged my first v2 and messed with it quite a bit, so it has a few problems making it very very fragile. I wouldn't recommend doing that. But my newer v2 is good as new. I have dropped it, banged it against things, etc many times and it's just fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back