V3 Antennae

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you know why here is an antennae on V3s?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

• hav'nt got a V3

• not sure

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The antenna on the Japanese Tamagotchi is just for marketing. It indicates that the Kei-Tama is different from all the versions previous. The antenna makes the Kei-Tama look sort of like a cell phone. The Kei-Tama connects to a Japanese cell phone through its infrared port. When the En-Tamas where announced with web-connectivity, I thought it meant that it could connect to a PC through the PC's infrared port (some notebook PCs have them). Unfortunately, the web connection is through a 14-digit login password / logout password pair.

(Before someone asks: the Kei-Tama and the En-Tama are Japanese Tamagotchis. The Kei-Tama came out in November 2004, and the En-Tama came out in November 2005. Only the En-Tama can go to e-tamago, which is the Japanese TamaTown web site.)

Connection/Connexion V3's probably have the antenna to indicate they are different from the previous versions available outside of Japan. As I mentioned, it's marketing. You can tell at a glance that it's different. It makes you realise that your V1 or V2 is obsolete, and you must run out and buy a V3 right now. (Please don't create undue land-fill. Instead of throwing away your V1 or V2, recycle it: send your V1 or V2 to China, where it will have an antenna glued on, then sold as a V4 on e-bay.)

its because they tried to make a e-tama out of it but it didnt work so they made it just for decoration.

What kind of sick minded answer is that Justin? :D :blink: :blink: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's so you can identify that it's a V3, since, to my memory, the V2 & V1 have different prints on it.  :D
yea but the entamas n keitai have antenas...i think they're just for style

Last edited by a moderator:
I think its just to look cool.

I'ts wierd now, seeing V2s with no antenna. :(

tammy234 shame on you for having stolen my avatar which I drew for my own self w/o even asking my permission for it. Theft is an ugly thing.

Ra,

i hate the version 3s..the antenna is tacky if it doesn't even WORK... eesh...

May be it makes it do a better connection.
i agree with taurenking except i think u can stay farther away from the other persons tama and still connect.

i think the antenna relly is just decoration hasn't anyone noticed it was empty when changing the batterie or debugging or something? :huh:

i think it's to make it look kind of cooler in a way, and to sort of symbolize how a tamagotchi can change. i still luv my V2 a lot though:) :chohimetchi:

OH MY GOD.I AM INCREDIBLY TIRED OF PEOPLE ASKING THIS QUESTION.THE ANNTENAE IN THE JAPANESE VERSION IT WAS USED TO CONNECT TO CERTAIN CELLPHONES TO ALLOW YOUR TAMA TO TRAVEL.THE NEXT PERSON WHO ASKS THIS QUESTION WILL FIND HIMSELF IMPALED NEXT MORNING.

-Ok I'm really sorry =( but this just makes me pi**ed off OMG PPL JUST GOOGLE IT OR WIKI IT

If someone says that it's used to connect to Tamatown it's the most hilarious thing I've heard for a while. :) The Tamatown stuff is already in your Tamagotchi...

Like most of you have said, it's only decoration. A plastic decoration with nothing inside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back