V3 Won't Connect

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoebe

Reaction score
I can't get my V3 to connect with anyone. It just "FAILs". It's not that my items list or my friends list is too big. When my V2's friends list was too big, it says, "Sorry, list full". I even deleted a couple friends from the list, just in case.

I am not trying to connect in sunlight.

I've tried connecting my V3 with V2s, V3s, and V4s but nothing works.

I was wondering if the battery could be low, and that's why it won't connect, but the battery works, and I've never had it happen before that one won't connect if the battery is low (not dead)

Does anyone know why it won't work?

Thanks!

First of all, choose "Others" on the v3's list. On a v2, choose "Ver. 1" and on a v4 choose "Others". If you are connecting to another v3, choose "Ver. 3" on both of them.

Make sure you ARE nowhere near sunlight (doesn't matter if it's bright or not) and nowhere near bright lighting. Don't connect too far and try not to connect too close either. If you must, touch the tops together but don't push them together.

On the stand by screen, you do realise, you have to press the B button. Try pressing it on the Tamagotchi you're trying to connect with first... if your Tamagotchi is on the standby screen it immediately picks up if anybody else is on the "Connect" screen and goes to the "Connect" screen too. If it does not do this, I'm not sure what to do.

First of all, choose "Others" on the v3's list. On a v2, choose "Ver. 1" and on a v4 choose "Others". If you are connecting to another v3, choose "Ver. 3" on both of them.
Make sure you ARE nowhere near sunlight (doesn't matter if it's bright or not) and nowhere near bright lighting. Don't connect too far and try not to connect too close either. If you must, touch the tops together but don't push them together.

On the stand by screen, you do realise, you have to press the B button. Try pressing it on the Tamagotchi you're trying to connect with first... if your Tamagotchi is on the standby screen it immediately picks up if anybody else is on the "Connect" screen and goes to the "Connect" screen too. If it does not do this, I'm not sure what to do.
Well said. That is exactly the way I like to see answers!!! Just do what dancinkayley has just said so wonderfully ^.^

Yes, thank you, that was a very good and understandable answer!

I have chosen the right version, and am not doing it in sunlight or bright light.

I have a V2, V3, and V4 in my hands right now, and the V2 and V4 are having no problems at all connecting with each other. I have not had any problems with this V3 before.

No matter which one I push first, the V3 immediately goes to "FAIL" when I push its button.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's why I thought maybe the battery was too low to connect, even though it's not low enough to show the dead battery X.

I'll try giving it a new battery and see what happens, but I don't think that's it.

:( maybe your v3 isn't connecting because sometimes this happens my friend has had

the same thing happen to her but it was with her two v4's :) it might not be connecting because you aren't doing it properly B) if your v3 is connecting with a different version that means you will have to click OTHERS that way they will connect! :D hope this helped bye bye! :eek: ^_^

That happened to a friend before too.

You have to soak the battery in lemon juice...lemon concentrate. Try both batteries since you don't know which is the problem. I think it might be because there is rust on the battery which causes the tamagotchi to not work-whatever the reason, it works!!

It worked for my friends after this!

I hope they work soon!!

:p maybe your v3 isn't connecting because sometimes this happens my friend has had the same thing happen to her but it was with her two v4's :D it might not be connecting because you aren't doing it properly :D if your v3 is connecting with a different version that means you will have to click OTHERS that way they will connect! :D hope this helped bye bye! :p :(
No, I am definitely doing it right, because, like I said, all my other tamagotchis are connecting just fine.

That happened to a friend before too.You have to soak the battery in lemon juice...lemon concentrate. Try both batteries since you don't know which is the problem. I think it might be because there is rust on the battery which causes the tamagotchi to not work-whatever the reason, it works!!

It worked for my friends after this!

I hope they work soon!!
That sounds sort of scary, soaking a battery in an acid like lemon juice!

You can remove rust from a battery and the contacts in the machine with a pencil eraser, or a stiff brush, or even a little baking soda, but I don't think I'd want to soak a battery in acid.

I gave it a new battery and it works great now! That's never happened to me before, that the battery was still good, but not strong enough to let it connect.

Thanks!

After I threw out the battery, I wondered if maybe it just needed to be rebooted. Sometimes if you just take the battery out and put it back in, glitches will heal themselves.

If it happens again I'm going to try that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back