V3 won't gain happiness?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonSparke

Reaction score
Okay, so I got a used v3 froma friend. It looks a little damaged, as there's a small line of dead pixels across the screen

It won't gain happiness unless i get a PERFECT game of any type, and even then it only gains one heart

I'm pretty sure this isn't normal behaviour.

No.

It's not normal, but if the tama is damaged it may also be affecting the game's little circuit board.

Have you checked what happens if you feed it a snack or treat? Does it gain a happy heart?

If it only gains one happy heart with a perfect score on a game, does it lose weight when you play a game?

Not sure if there's any way to fix this - you may just have to put up with it or keep the happy hearts full by feeding snacks and treats instead.

It does gain happiness normally with feeding a snack

I do remember I opened it up to replace the buttons (two were torn out!)

Is it possible I did something to it then?

It does gain happiness normally with feeding a snack
I do remember I opened it up to replace the buttons (two were torn out!)

Is it possible I did something to it then?
Ah - well, you didn't actually mention that you've already performed surgery on it yourself...

If you've already opened it up to replace buttons then it's definitely possible you did something to it then ...

Looks like you have a choice between leaving it as it is and putting up with the one heart gain for a perfect game - or you could try to open it up again, check the buttons are correctly positioned and that the circuit leads are still connected, etc.

It's a risk obviously, because there's a chance that you could make it worse - but you have to decide for yourself if you want to take that risk :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back