V3's at Christmas!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Listen guys, "they're being released in Australia" means that it will be released in America and Japan first. Do you think they'd ever release anything that wasnt originally Australian in Australia first? And everyone's saying that the v2s just came out, but they've actually been out for about 4 months! I don't know if v3s are coming out that soon, but I'm pretty sure they'll be coming out some time :D . I'm just debating whether to order a keitai or wait for v3.

Tamagotchi Mini have been released in Australia - check Target, K-Mart or Toys R Us (TRU got them first).
However, we got the exact same designs as the Japanese Minis - plain white with black buttons; the red clockface design; and the blue clockface design. They're pretty crappy. The Americans got much better colours.

Btw, the Minis are TINY. They're about half the size of the Connexion, but a bit more chunky. They're SO easy to look after though.

Cheers

Matt
HOLY HECK, I had no idea!!! Thanks heaps for that Blade!! *notes to call Toys R Us first thing tomorrow*

And Beccca... Um... We got V2s 6 months before America? And we also got Project Zero/Another Code (for DS) before America? :wacko: ;

I personally doubt it. They just released the v2... and remember how long it took them to do that. :( . Do you have a artical about this?
V2 just came out,

I doubt it

HOLY HECK, I had no idea!!! Thanks heaps for that Blade!! *notes to call Toys R Us first thing tomorrow*
And Beccca... Um... We got V2s 6 months before America? And we also got Project Zero/Another Code (for DS) before America? ^_^ ;
YES. America has been getting things LAST for a while.

New games, and Tamas have been LAST for us since all these new tamas have come out. It really sucks.

At least we got PSP before Europe :ph34r: They are getting that next week??

But basically, everything comes out in Japan first.

This can't be true. Bandai already designed the V2's not too long ago. They aren't going to release another version until they've made enough to break even. I mean, whow ould buy a new V2 if they know that the V3 is just around the corner? Plus, I can't imagine them starting their sales rounds in Australia. Not to be cruel, but that is the smallest continent in the World. The target audience is much larger in Europe and North America.

However, they probably will release omething new for Christmas. They always do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually Beccca, Australia is very close to Japan and has a habit of recieving Japanese goods before America. They have a lot of business treaties as well. But for some reason, not with Computers. Go figure?

no way is that going to happen, ur lieing because i have cuzins all over the world and i go to secret websites only me and my freinds know and they all say that they are coming in 2006,summer. :eek: :angry: :angry: :unsure:

no way is that going to happen, ur lieing because i have cuzins all over the world and i go to secret websites only me and my freinds know and they all say that they are coming in 2006,summer. :unsure: :angry: :eek: :wacko:
Oh, please. :angry:

Australia got the V1s and the V2s LONG before America did.

Basically, Japan got the V1s first, then Australia and Europe, and finally the US.

Bandai released the Keitai's in Japan, then released the V2 Connexions in Europe, Asia and Australia, and finally released the V2 Connections in the US.

From memory, Australia got the V2's around March 2005.

Btw, Bandai seems to lump Australia into the Asian market, which means we get things a little while after Japan but before the US.

Strangely, Australia and Asia got the same styles and colours of the V1 connexions, but Australia got different V2 packaging and designs than what Asia got. I think Asia V2's are in English though.

So, if Bandai does release a V3, I think we'll get them before America will.

I have a suspicion that they'll model a V3 after the Akai Keitai's - with red screens and icon, instead of the traditonal black. That would be so cool. I would also love to see a Tamagotchi with a full colour screen. I'm sure they could do it.

Cheers

Matt

I forgot to mention, that Australia is a good 'testing' market - we're culturally similar to Britain, and to a certain extent, the US.

Bandai can release stuff here and see how well it sells, before making more to sell overseas. If they make a loss, it won't be as big as it would be if they sold stuff in the US first.

Cheers

Matt

I forgot to mention, that Australia is a good 'testing' market - we're culturally similar to Britain, and to a certain extent, the US.
Bandai can release stuff here and see how well it sells, before making more to sell overseas. If they make a loss, it won't be as big as it would be if they sold stuff in the US first.

Cheers

Matt
w0rd. More logical words have never been spoken on these forums.

Also, Blade, thanks very much for the heads up regarding the release of the Tamagotchi Mini - I picked up two today :D So little and cute and *squee* ^^ Again, thanks!

Also, Blade, thanks very much for the heads up regarding the release of the Tamagotchi Mini - I picked up two today :angry: So little and cute and *squee* ^^ Again, thanks!
LOL :angry: You're Welcome!

Ooo...which colours did you get? I got the plain white one with the black buttons - it was my favourite.

Btw, I opened mine up, and I found out that you CAN debug a mini - it has word debug on the circuitry, but I haven't quite worked out how to do it yet.

Cheers

Matt

I got the blue and pink ones for nostalgic reasons, though I'm intending to pick up the white one tomorrow >:3 the staff thought I was weird enough buying 2... The white one's nice, but I'm going to find some paints or an acrylic pen to draw some patterns on it ^-^

That's cool how you can debug it (potentially!!) - let me know when you do and what happens! I can't wait till mine becomes an adult, but there aren't any sites that have a lot of information about the mini *_* Good luck!

Hey thanks for the info :mellow: ! That thing about testing tamas on the Ausie market does make sense, and is good news for me! My Mum promised me I could get one coz I got into selective school (most of you won't knkow about that!) lol. We could potentially have v3 in Aus by October if what you're saying is right, because the v1 was released in August last year, and the v2 was released in March this year, that's only seven months apart! :wub: hope v3 comes out soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back