V4.5 Baby Girl

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowCat9

Reaction score
About 4 days ago, I let the matchmaker bring a mate to my boy tama (he was 8 yrs). I got a baby girl after his mate left but it has been days and he is still with me and the baby too! (he is now 12 yrs. old and my baby girl is still a white blob). I don't really mind having both of them still but it seems kind of weird to me.

Any ideas as to why the male won't go away and leave me the baby? I haven't paused the tama but I have changed the time after they went to sleep at night when I wanted to play with them for a little while longer (and then set the time back to the real time again) and let them sleep.

Thanks all,

ShadowCat9

Once your Tamagotchi has spent 24 hours with a baby, it will leave at midnight. I suggest not waking up your Tamagotchi to care for it for a little longer if you want the baby to leave properly.

You could try setting the time to 11.59pm and waiting a minute. If it works, the parent should stand next to the baby and watch over it for a while (you won't be able to press any buttons at this stage). Then the parent will give the impression of "talking" to the baby and then drift off to the Tamagotchi World.

Two words: Stop Pausing

Pausing at any time influences your tama in a bad way by halting it's growth significantly, and, if used overnight, prevents you from going to the next generation. A healthy substitute from your tama is a trick I found years ago called "Sleep Mode," with which you set your tama to sleep by changing the time, and the halt is much less significant, more like ten minutes. Thank you for your 3 hours and 42 minutes.

dancinkayley:

I like that idea. I'm going to try the 11:59 trick and see what happens. Got nothing to lose. The parent seems to like it here. :blink:

And Hyper... I'm trying to resist "pausing" but sometimes I can't be there for the tama's!! What's worse? Pausing or having them die a really quick death due to neglect? :(

Hyper, are you able to tend to your tama (or more than one tama) all the time? And, just curious... do you have a V5 yet? If not, are you going to try to get one?

Thanks to both of you for your input on my parent/baby problem!

ShadowCat9

Yes, I have a V5 and have been using the Sleep Mode trick since V3, before I never needed it. I am trying to convince people to use Sleep Mode rather than pause unless you need to leave them for 8 or so hours or more. And actually, I have generally two tamas active at once. I have had V2-V3 together, V4-V4 together, My V1 and my sis' V1 together, and currently, my and my sis' V5s.

Once your Tamagotchi has spent 24 hours with a baby, it will leave at midnight. I suggest not waking up your Tamagotchi to care for it for a little longer if you want the baby to leave properly.
You could try setting the time to 11.59pm and waiting a minute. If it works, the parent should stand next to the baby and watch over it for a while (you won't be able to press any buttons at this stage). Then the parent will give the impression of "talking" to the baby and then drift off to the Tamagotchi World.
Hi, first chance I've had to tell you that your 11:59 idea worked! The parent talked to the baby (the baby was still asleep... it was funny... a little Z was over her head), then the parent left, finally.

Thanks, dancin...

ShadowCat9

Yes, I have a V5 and have been using the Sleep Mode trick since V3, before I never needed it. I am trying to convince people to use Sleep Mode rather than pause unless you need to leave them for 8 or so hours or more. And actually, I have generally two tamas active at once. I have had V2-V3 together, V4-V4 together, My V1 and my sis' V1 together, and currently, my and my sis' V5s.
Hi, hyper...

You've had alot of Tama experience. Do you prefer V5 to V4.5? I know it supposedly has alot more to it. Complete family and all. Sounds good. But read someone saying they wanted to go back to their V4.5. They didn't like the V5. Someone else said the display was harder to see compared to the previous versions.

What do you think?

ShadowCat9

I've never had a V4.5. I didn't want one because I thought it was too similar to V4. But I do enjoy V5 more than V4. I find it fun to unlock things over generations.

EDIT: Just noticed the part about dark screens.

To fix that, go to Clock Mode and press B and C at the same time. A Contrast menu will pop up. Press A to go down and B to go up, and C to finish. I keep mine at about three out of seven.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, hyper...
You've had alot of Tama experience.  Do you prefer V5 to V4.5?  I know it supposedly has alot more to it.  Complete family and all.  Sounds good.  But read someone saying they wanted to go back to their V4.5.  They didn't like the V5.  Someone else said the display was harder to see compared to the previous versions.

What do you think?

ShadowCat9
u can choose the contrast by going to the time screen and pressing C+B :) it makes the screen much easier to see.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never had a V4.5. I didn't want one because I thought it was too similar to V4. But I do enjoy V5 more than V4. I find it fun to unlock things over generations.
EDIT: Just noticed the part about dark screens.

To fix that, go to Clock Mode and press B and C at the same time. A Contrast menu will pop up. Press A to go down and B to go up, and C to finish. I keep mine at about three out of seven.
Glad to get your opinion on the V5. I started with V4.5 so I wanted to hear from someone who had most of the versions. Now I am definitely going to go to the V5. I want to see what it is like to take care of all those characters.

I'll probably mess up at first since I'm still learning the V4.5 but there's always the reset button, right?

I'm glad you mentioned the contrast menu. I like that they added that to the tamas.

Thanks!

The same thing happened to me. But, Pokey (My tamagotchi at the time.) didn't age, he just stayed 4 years old for months. It was caused by batteries (It went out, then all of a sudden, after a couple of months, came back up. But nothing would happen, they (meaning they, he had a child with him to) wouldn't get hungry or anything!). After changing batteries, Pokey left the next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back