V5's in Texas!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingFeathers

Reaction score
I made a trip up to Wal-mart today and guess what they had??? V5's!!! After searching all over the store, i finally found a rack of them. There were only about 2 of each of the 6 designs. It took me a while to choose one, as the designs were'nt the best. (The 4.5's had some really nice designs!!!) But, I finally decided on the Tama-House one.

They are very different! The display spans the entire length of the screen, unlike the previous Tams, which is a very nice feature. The resolution is excellent. The sounds for the buttons are different, aswell, and are now somewhat quieter.

The menu screen shows each individual family member, their species name, gender, and family role (Son, brother, mother, ect.). I'm a bit dissapointed in the selection of games, as there are only 2 you can play until you've added a mother or father to your family. I also wish they could connect with previous versions, but, you can;t ahve everything!

I'm still learning how to work everything, but it seems pretty neat so far. It's a big change from V1-V4.5, so if you want to experience something new and different, the v5 is pretty good!

~Flying Feathers

Well, after playing with it for a while, I'm not sure I like it... : (

The website it connects to is kind of a hassle, because you have to enter the password every time you go to a new area, which is anoying. The only thing I really like about it is the GREAT resolution and wide screen.

I just wish that there was an option to raise 1 character, not 3. With 3 Tams to care for, it almost seems like it takes away from the Tamagotchi-ness. The v5 is much more focused on the online aspect instead of the prtable virtual pet part that made them what they are in the first place. I'll keep it going and see if it changes my mind!

wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i live in oklahoma so if its in texas then it should be here soon!!!!!!! thank you so much for telling us!
You're welcome! :angry:

I would check Wal-Mart first. They always get them in before any of the other stores in Texas!

Well, after playing with it for a while, I'm not sure I like it... : (
The website it connects to is kind of a hassle, because you have to enter the password every time you go to a new area, which is anoying. The only thing I really like about it is the GREAT resolution and wide screen.

I just wish that there was an option to raise 1 character, not 3. With 3 Tams to care for, it almost seems like it takes away from the Tamagotchi-ness. The v5 is much more focused on the online aspect instead of the prtable virtual pet part that made them what they are in the first place. I'll keep it going and see if it changes my mind!
Or ToysRUs.

Besides, it kinda is a hassle to take care of 3

And for the password thing, it's the same for v4, and v4.5.

mametchi :angry:

Well, with the v4 and v4.5, you enter ONE password and then stay logged in. in the V5, each time you play a new game (there are only 2...) you have to re-enter the login and logout password both on the computer and on your Tam. It get's really frustrating scrolling through all of the buttons each time you play a game.

Where I live Target is always the first to get them, When I go out next time I'll be sure to look for them ^^

Your right im sure it will get really frustrating when you always have to put in passwords,but still every year they have their ups and downs,but to me mostly ups.hope you have fun with it ^_^ ^_^ :p :p ;) :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back