Version 3: Product.... Or Plea?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremy clarkson

Reaction score
We know that, in November 2005, Bandai firmly denied that they were launching the V3 in Europe, or America:

Please be informed that Bandai Co., Ltd. has no plan to launch Tamagotchi Ver. 3 in  USA or Europe. This is mainly due to the mobile system difference.
So, why the sudden backtrack?

Rumours have been spreading about the V3 for some time, but, suddenly, rumours have turned to facts.

Has Bandai faced competition?

Why did they "lie?"

Why have they announced it AFTER the Christmas spending season?

And.... Is this a plea to keep Bandai on the market? After all, Tamagotchi sales have been slower than ever before, recently.

We'll leave you to find out!

I've been dealing with Bandai for almost a decade. I have a friend who loves to call them for just about any reason. We've had a lot of fun at Bandai's expense about how they will never say anything before they are supposed to.

They will never announce information before a press release. That's just the way it is. It's hard to know if Bandai employees really don't know about something or not. You will more than likely never get a truthful response about products that are not about to hit the shelves. That's just the way it is. ;) Maybe they are protecting big company secrets? Who knows. I suppose in a way, it makes sense to not say anything until the products are soon to hit the market. Don't be too hard on them. :D

I've been dealing with Bandai for almost a decade. I have a friend who loves to call them for just about any reason. We've had a lot of fun at Bandai's expense about how they will never say anything before they are supposed to.  

They will never announce information before a press release. That's just the way it is. It's hard to know if Bandai employees really don't know about something or not. You will more than likely never get a truthful response about products that are not about to hit the shelves. That's just the way it is. :blink: Maybe they are protecting big company secrets? Who knows. I suppose in a way, it makes sense to not say anything until the products are soon to hit the market. Don't be too hard on them. B)

You've knocked out most of my thoughts on that paragrapph!

(Except that I abrely deal with BanDAi, the only email I sent never got resoonded. XD)

However, perhaps we should leave the company work on, they may want to make it a big surprise, so people arent whining at them for the newTamagotchi to come...

Change pof tactics?

What is sold better,

one said in advance, or one mentioned right before realease???

BanDai tests!

there is a nother topic somewhere that pretty much clears up this whole topic they found a v3 on ebay that turned out to be real and that the v3s will connect to a website that they are working on and on some yahoo video ting they had an employee (i think) inerviewed and they told about the v3 That seemed real enough to me

I am going to be obviously biased towards Bandai... Not only do they provide a cool toy we all love but they have also been *wonderful* to deal with.

I see lots of parallels with other industries here... Many will not release information or even confirm a future product until it is ready. Reasons? Specs may change... Plans might change... Personally I feel it makes better business sense to do this. Think about it... Would you go out and buy a v2 knowing that a few months later a v3 would be released? I wouldn't. I'd save my money (well... OK... I'd prolly get both... But for the sake of argument lets say I only had $15 to spend for one or the other). As far as what a rep might tell you... I agree with Mothra in that many times the people lower in the company ladder don't know the details of new and upcoming releases. Competition? Sure. But competition works better for US not them. Think about it... Would Bandai release new and better tamas if there wasnt another company trying to attract the same buyers? Nope. They constantly fight to get our attention which usually results in us getting newer and cooler gadgets with all sorts of bells and whistles that we have a ton of fun with. We win. Would I regret getting a v2 now that the v3 is close to being released? Nope. It's still a cool virtual pet to have just as much as the v1.

I am going to be obviously biased towards Bandai... Not only do they provide a cool toy we all love but they have also been *wonderful* to deal with.
I see lots of parallels with other industries here... Many will not release information or even confirm a future product until it is ready. Reasons? Specs may change... Plans might change... Personally I feel it makes better business sense to do this. Think about it... Would you go out and buy a v2 knowing that a few months later a v3 would be released? I wouldn't. I'd save my money (well... OK... I'd prolly get both... But for the sake of argument lets say I only had $15 to spend for one or the other). As far as what a rep might tell you... I agree with Mothra in that many times the people lower in the company ladder don't know the details of new and upcoming releases. Competition? Sure. But competition works better for US not them. Think about it... Would Bandai release new and better tamas if there wasnt another company trying to attract the same buyers? Nope. They constantly fight to get our attention which usually results in us getting newer and cooler gadgets with all sorts of bells and whistles that we have a ton of fun with. We win. Would I regret getting a v2 now that the v3 is close to being released? Nope. It's still a cool virtual pet to have just as much as the v1.
That's a really good point...

It's great from a buisiness point of view.

Well, I believe Bandai was always going to release a new product outside Japan, whether it was a v3 or not. It would most likely boost tamagotchi sails, especially with the computer connectivity. But if you think about it, are there that many rival companies this time round? Last time there were so many other spin offs like Gigapets and Nanos, but I've only seen one other tamagotchi-like pet in stores, and that was the Love Pet, which probably most people haven't even heard of. Bandai are probably releasing the v3 partly so that there is less compettition with other companies.

I mean, lots of people (like me) were drawn in by the version 1, and started buying more tamas, both earlier and later versions.

Anyway, I can't wait till the v3 hits the shelves!

I am going to be obviously biased towards Bandai...  Not only do they provide a cool toy we all love but they have also been *wonderful* to deal with.
I see lots of parallels with other industries here...  Many will not release information or even confirm a future product until it is ready.  Reasons?  Specs may change...  Plans might change...  Personally I feel it makes better business sense to do this.  Think about it...  Would you go out and buy a v2 knowing that a few months later a v3 would be released?  I wouldn't.  I'd save my money (well...  OK...  I'd prolly get both...  But for the sake of argument lets say I only had $15 to spend for one or the other).  As far as what a rep might tell you...  I agree with Mothra in that many times the people lower in the company ladder don't know the details of new and upcoming releases.  Competition?  Sure.  But competition works better for US not them.  Think about it...  Would Bandai release new and better tamas if there wasnt another company trying to attract the same buyers?  Nope.  They constantly fight to get our attention which usually results in us getting newer and cooler gadgets with all sorts of bells and whistles that we have a ton of fun with.  We win.  Would I regret getting a v2 now that the v3 is close to being released?  Nope.  It's still a cool virtual pet to have just as much as the v1.
Or even a P1. I agree with that Admin - and Mothra.

Then I guess the Tamagotchi faze back in the late 90's had to stop at some stage. What ever comes up, must come down - no matter how large or small it was. BanDai admitted that they do not think that they will do as well as they did with P1/P2's. They have not. But you must give them credit because they have made a massive shuffle in the market. They are getting money. Alot of money from this product. Maybe the EnTama is making alot of money in Japan so they decided to make one here. That actually might not of been enough time to make one, however they might of been in talks with BanDai Japan about this.. So they could create something simular...

It's not just much about money though. I'm sue they get an awesome feeling of that so many people want to buy there product. :(

In November of 2005, BanDai said that they had no plans to release a Tamagotchi Version Three. That was way back when. Things could of changed.. Or they did have plans to release one but were just in the thinking stage and nothing was for cirtain and they did not want to make there Tamagotchi fans excited - but let them down by saying that plans have changed and now they are not going to release one.

I'm sure this is a product.. But if I were BanDai, I would of waited to release a Tamagotchi Ad until the Tamagotchi Version Three was out. :lol:

But, like many Tamagotchi fans, I also can't wait to get myself a Version Three! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
well, i wish v2 could have stayed after the christmas rush a little longer..

i brought the wave to my friends, and they were too slow..

bandai wouldnt make a tama to only sell in japan.

it kinda defeats the purpose.

the sales werent slow at my point of veiw.

the one that i got with my own money, was the last one there!

id be horrifyed if they didnt come to the US at all.

that kinda profit..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back