Version Five..?!?!?!?!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tamagotchialice

Reaction score
Somebody please help me!

Okay, so there is this row of dead pixels on my V5 (Came that way) but I looked at it then looked away, I immediately looked back to see a SECOND row of dead pixels! They disappear occasionally, and I thought something was wrong with it, so I started dropping it over and over, four times to be exact. I pick it up and guess what I see?! Half the screen. DEAD PIXELS. Gone. I immediately kick my sister off the computer and go make this topic!! Is there ANY way I can fix this WITHOUT opening the Tama up?!

Also, it reset itself! when I put the battery back in after I took it out to see if all the pixels were back, then it said 'WAIT' on the screen, then I saw the time/date screen, getting reset!

Somebody PLEASE help me!!!!!

EDIT: Also, the contacts look WAAAAAY too high. How can I fix this?!

Last edited by a moderator:
well, the only way i know of to fix dead pixels is to open it up and make sure the little tamas guts are ok. -_- the battery contacts can easily be bent back into place by unscrewing the back cover and giving them a little gentle push.

Look here: https://www.tamatalk....our-tamagotchi/

Contacts being higher up (the prongs) are no biggie. You want that, means it'll for sure touch the battery. (As far as I know, but it depends. Doubt they play a part in this.)

Dropping it probably moved the screen or dislodged it, causing the dead pixels. Get a screwdriver and tighten up all the screens (but not too tight!) and see if that helps. I did that with another virtual pet (not a Tama) and it fixed the screen 100%.

Last edited by a moderator:
well, the only way i know of to fix dead pixels is to open it up and make sure the little tamas guts are ok. -_- the battery contacts can easily be bent back into place by unscrewing the back cover and giving them a little gentle push.
Only problem is that when I push back the contacts they come right back up! D8>>>>>

Also, my screwdriver is broken, and it wont unscrew or screw up anything its size! I can open the back cover with a whole different size, but Im talking about the 4 tiny screws....my screwdriver that fits into that wont screw or unscrew ANYTHIIIIIIIIINNNNNGGGGGG. And it is REALLY annoying! I cant even buy a new one, I dont have enough money, and my parents wouldnt want to 'waste money' and buy another <8'<

Im just stuck....nothing fixes the pixels, and I cant even open it up! ,>^<,

Look here: https://www.tamatalk....our-tamagotchi/

Contacts being higher up (the prongs) are no biggie. You want that, means it'll for sure touch the battery. (As far as I know, but it depends. Doubt they play a part in this.)

Dropping it probably moved the screen or dislodged it, causing the dead pixels. Get a screwdriver and tighten up all the screens (but not too tight!) and see if that helps. I did that with another virtual pet (not a Tama) and it fixed the screen 100%.
You mean, open it ALL up? D8> I cant even open up ONE screw...... ,>^<,

Or just tighten the first 4 you see other than the one to open the battery compartment?

Calm down.

First off you need a new screwdriver, yes? Do you have a Home Depot around? Get one of these, they've super inexpensive and have tips you can interchange and they come in handy: https://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-100074336/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&keyword=husky+screwdrivers&storeId=10051#.UNvCT6zNl8E

If you dad doesn't have a set like this, he's clearly not a handyman. :p (My dad is and helps me get tools and such and teaches me how to use them properly.)

Anyway, you open up the battery compartment and remove it, then tighten all the screws you see under that. If that doesn't help, then yes, you need to open it carefully and tighten the screws you see on the circuit board, then close, tighten, pop battery in, and close. It's really not that big a deal, the only thing you really need to watch are the speaker wires.

Alright.

Next time I see my dad, I will get the screwdrivers he has (a little set) but my big sis has them at school in her locker :(

right now Im helping it by shoving a piece of plastic into the side of the screen, where the screen goes to hold it in place. this makes it with no dead pixels.

If that's the case then yes, the screen is loose and some tightening up should hopefully be a good quick fix. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back