Virtual Pet Meet Up

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skillful Abbot

Reaction score
Jappy you closed the last topic . . .. . . but I just saw it for the first time today and wanted to comment.

And a meet up is a totally sweet idea. The Japanese have something similiar out here called an "Off Kai" [オフ会]

But you would need to set up an area of the site for that and provide rules of the meet up. The Japanese Off-kai's sometimes have pretty strict rules. For example the COSANIME KARAOKE off kai has a rule that you can't hold the microphone while sitting down. You can't try to pick up anyone during the meet, and you only share your online monikers at the meet up.

It can be safe as long as everyone agrees to the terms.

[SIZE=11pt]It's a sweet idea but people in the US and especially a kids group like this, there is such an engraned fear of real life meetings. I don't think it would be too possible. [/SIZE]

Yeah, and my mum wouldnt lemme fly all the way to the US (probably where itll be held) for a Vpet meetup.

Maybe a conference on a messageing system, but I doubt a real life meetup shall be possible. You could be lucky and meet one or two people, but it will be really hard to fix up in real life.

Where's the meeting going to be? Some people may only have to walk 50metres and otehrs travel five hours in a plane having to spend some money. Also, I am sure adults f children shall not allow this event...

It would be just too complicated... :)

I think it is an unsafe idea. A few months ago there was a topic about someone getting kidnapped from someone she met online.

A tamagotchi convention would be very fun! But if certain areas sponsered them, you know it would be all twelve-year-olds. Eight-year-olds. Yound girls running around. I probably would meet nobody my age.

Yeah, I just closed the topic because it was from 2004, I think. :huh:

I think it's sweet idea too, although I can see it being very hard to manage and create. Plus, as mentioned, loads of people won't be able to meet. :D

It can also be unsafe. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
And also, say it was help in... Perth. Then only pretty much people from Perth and the surrounding areas would go. People on tamatalk are from all around the word. I doubt it would happen.

:D My mom wouldn't let me fly all the way to the middle of the USA for a Virtual Pet meetup!!! :)

Besides, she'd probably say, "No I am NOT letting you go to a virtual pet meetup!!

Anyway, if we met up, it would have to be in NYC or something because it's a landmark and a tourist location, so people could comeup for a Tamatalk convention/meetup, and it would have to be a day in the summer, because people have school and after-school activites.

h99: My mom would never let me go to a VirtualPet Meet-Up, much less in the US! (I live in Toronto, Canada)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back