VIRUS!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

geeboze

Reaction score
ok my computer got a virus from rune scape about a month ago, but i've been sneeking on runescape for a couple times and my computer has another virus!!! i wanted to know if its possible to tell were a virus came from! please respond

If you run a virus scan with McAfee Security Center, it should tell you which files are infected. Simply just delete these files, and you should be good. I get viruses from Limewire occasionally. :D

If you run a virus scan with McAfee Security Center, it should tell you which files are infected. Simply just delete these files, and you should be good. I get viruses from Limewire occasionally. :D
is it free

but can someone tell exactly were it came from? if someone knew that i was on runescape i'm in HUGE trouble!!!

You have to be a Subscriber to some type of Comcast Internet Service for McAfee I believe. I never got a virus from Limewire, since McAfee blocked it and I couldn't view the File I downloaded.

Get Nortion AntiVirus, that works really good :3

You have to be a Subscriber to some type of Comcast Internet Service for McAfee I believe. I never got a virus from Limewire, since McAfee blocked it and I couldn't view the File I downloaded.
Get Nortion AntiVirus, that works really good :3
the website said it was $30!!! i cant afford that!

To avoid people finding out what you're doing online, be sure to delete all internet files including history, cookies, temporary internet files, form data, and any passwords. If you have internet explorer, go to tools, internet options, delete, and delete all. Yeah, Meowbark is right. Just run a virus scan occassionally and delete affected files. You should be good to go. :D

To avoid people finding out what you're doing online, be sure to delete all internet files including history, cookies, temporary internet files, form data, and any passwords. If you have internet explorer, go to tools, internet options, delete, and delete all. Yeah, Meowbark is right. Just run a virus scan occassionally and delete affected files. You should be good to go. :D
okay how do i activate virus scan? (im an idiot when it comes to this stuff)

To avoid people finding out what you're doing online, be sure to delete all internet files including history, cookies, temporary internet files, form data, and any passwords. If you have internet explorer, go to tools, internet options, delete, and delete all. Yeah, Meowbark is right. Just run a virus scan occassionally and delete affected files. You should be good to go. :p
i did delete the cookies but the computer still has a virus :D

Do you have a virus scan program? If so, there should be a desktop shortcut. Double click it. There should be a scan option. Click it, and it may take awhile to fully scan all your computer. Afterwards, it'll tell you what files are affected and give you options. The safest thing to do is delete them.

I use AVG. It's fast, realiable and pretty decent. It also works great on any older PC also. Scanning is fast. AVG is free.

There is also Panda Anti Virus and Avast! Also. Norton and Mc Afee alot of times come preinstalled in PCs you buy. AVG, Panda and Avast! are free. Also, you may want to try to find two Anti Spyware/Adaware progams called Spybot and Ad-aware.

I use AVG and Ad Aware SE Personal. I used to have nortons but it made my computer slower than it already is.

I hardly get Viruses though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back