"Wait, THOSE are the lyrics!?"

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the lines of Stereo Love sounds more like "You don't wanna see me cry", when it was actually "You won't see me cry".
I already know the song by heart, so I already know what they are saying. I know their accents are thick, but I can translate.

Anyways, another song I listened to was "The Party Starts Now" by Cadence (Club Penguin), and I thought I heard "We don't need no other elves". o_O

Why Am I the One by fun.

that line that says "But I need a last breath."

I thought it said, "But I need a lust rat."

what.

On Dr. Steel's "Greedy" I keep mishearing "Because I'm greedy" as "Because I'm queer"...

In "Happy For You", I keep hearing "misery" when it's really saying either "mind away" or "masquerade". I'm not really sure. o_O

Blinded by the light... Wrapped up like a douche.

Actually is :

Blinded by the light,

revved up like a deuce,

LOL. XD

When I first heard "Whip My Hair", I thought it said "Whip my hail back and forth" when it was "Whip my hair back and forth". Huge fail at that point. XD

OMG, when I heard Rock N' Roll [Will Take You To The Mountain], I thought I heard "take me with you" or "bangarang you". But it actually said "singin' with you". Me and my friend Jillian thought it was "bangarang you" when we first heard it. Total fail. XD

I thought it said that too, along with "Take me with you", which is what people thought it said most.

When I first heard "Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites", the ending sounded like, "Broken past, You're a camel too..."

when it was really "Look at this, I'm a coward too..."

I laughed at myself when I sang "camel", because that is what I used to sing on the ending until I saw the lyrics on Pandora (I was listening to a remix of Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites, and it had lyrics. Go figure.), in which I was totally confused, as I thought, "Wait, that's what it really says?" then I gave myself an awkward facepalm...total fail!

Next song is "Pompeii" by Bastille. I thought I heard "And the balls kept tumbling down", when it was actually "And the walls kept tumbling down". I'm so creative, aren't I?

I don't know the name of the song, but I always thought this one line said:

You're givin' me

Sexy Eridan

As in the Homestuck character. Even today I can't tell what they're saying which is sad XD

When I first heard the song "Fancy" by Iggy Azalea, I could've sworn one of the lines said something with Skrillex in it. XD That's what I REALLY thought. But then again, it could've said something else.

On the song "Make It Bun Dem" by Damian "Jr. Gong" Marley and Skrillex, I thought I heard "We must stop the bass, turn up the bass" at the beginning. I asked myself, "Okay, why does he want to turn up the bass if he wants to stop it?"

Since Damian "Jr. Gong" Marley is of Jamaican roots, I can't really understand what he said, so that's what I heard...hope I can look up the lyrics for that song and really figure it out

Next one is "Timber" by Pitbull. When I first heard it, I thought it said "They bigger they are, the harder they ball". When it was really "The bigger they are, the harder they fall". One word fail. XD

Another one is the Pokemon Theme Song. I thought it said, "Every challenge along the way, with courage eye in the face". XD

It might've been "Every challenge along the way, with courage right in my face" or something of that line...

OMG, I am so dumb...(get ready for laughs)

When I first heard the song "Bangarang", I thought I heard Sirah say, "Chant to all the boss boys", when it was really "Shout to all my lost boys" (which was a reference to the movie Hook, as it was named after the cry of the Lost Boys). I'm like, "I really need to listen to it a lot in order to know what she's actually saying..."

**facepalms self**

The next song I keep getting mistakes on is "Like A G6" by Far East Movement. I keep hearing, "I'm feeling so fight like a G6", when it's really saying "I'm feeling so fly like a G6". Why do I keep messing up on those kinds of songs?!

**hides in corner**

**facepalms self once again**

Now I'm messing up on the song "Recess" (not the movie, it's a Skrillex song...XD). I sometimes make the mistake on the first part of it...it goes like this:

"Fight 'til we can't fight,

Everybody's all right

Don't let it stop, Don't let it stop,

Don't-Don't let it stop 'til we make it to the daylight!"

However, sometimes I keep hearing "Fly 'til we can't fight" in that verse. It's like he wants to fly until he can't fight (using a sword...LIKE A BOSS). Sometimes I don't really hear any vocals until I go on Pandora or something, then find the lyrics to his songs...most of his songs barely have any lyrics at all! Confusing, I know, but I keep hearing things every time I listen to one of his songs...

**hides in a corner AGAIN**

Great, now it went from "Recess" to "First of the Year - Equinox". I keep hearing "Bidoof" before the bass drop. I'm like, "ZOMG, Skrillex likes POKEMON! ZOMG!" (nah, I don't act like that. oops).

However, what it came out to be due to translation, it was actually saying "Baby, you've had a nightmare". Creepy verse, but that's what it says. I'm like, "Wait, wut did Skrillex just say? Did he just say that a child had a nightmare? Or am I just hearing things again?" I dunno if that's what I was thinking, but I thought that was CREEPY.

For so many years (read: from ~1996 to 2013) I thought that the line in U Can't Touch This was "my, my, my music makes me so hard".

It's "hits" not "makes".

"Hits" is also infinitely less narcissistic and as such, infinitely less interesting and funny.

Oh, god, here it comes. Another Skrillex song that piqued my interest, and I already know the lyrics, but sometimes I keep hearing something odd. I think it was either "Slats Slats Slats" or "Rock N' Roll" again.

Actually, it's Rock N' Roll. AGAIN. In the beginning of the song before the singing part comes up, I hear "Hello" repeatedly (about 4-5 times), but that was when I heard it multiple times. When I first heard it, I kept hearing "What now?" as it was being repeated until the song actually started. I just facepalmed myself when I was actually listening to it word for word. HA. It wasn't "What now?", it was freaking "Hello". WOW. I'm like, "How can one word be mistaken for another?!" Geez.

Dang it, Skrillex! Your songs are cool, but why can't I even sing without messing up?!

Now it moved on from "Rock N' Roll" to "Ghosts n' Stuff" by deadmau5 and Rob Swire. I kept hearing, "I feel alone, feeling long, feeling nothing ain't true", when it was really "I feel alone, feel at home, feel like nothing ain't true".

OMG, for the first time ever, I messed up on one of deadmau5's songs. YUSH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back