*Warning: rant ahead*

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really think the person that satrted this thread hasn´t read it in a long time.... al of us just keep extending it an extending it... :eek: hehehe

I don´t mined any of those netslangs or speaks.... you get used to them and tama gal is right it just makes it faster to comunicate and do other stuff...

OMG!!! =Oh my god!!

BRB!!! = Be right back!!

G2G!!! = Got to go!!

EASY.... normally your brain starts to look uo for coherent sentences that begin with the letters.... so if you think about it, young people are smarter ´cause their brains react faster than older people, that don´t get it! :blink: right?

By the way I´m 19! :p

Hahaha, I'm another one adding an opinion to a long-dead issue-

I'm with the other current posters. The person who started the thread was just expressing an opinion. I tend to agree with that opinion. Net slang is fine and dandy if you're talking to people who understand it. Not everyone uses the same "lingo"- I've noticed it varies from social group to social group within the same school even! The thing I like least about net slang is that there are a lot of young teens who are picking it up, using it to "type faster" (which isn't true, with proper practice the fingers can memorize the keyboard- I personally type over 100 words per minute with near-perfect accuracy [and in proper english!]) ... sorry, got off track- these kids aren't teaching themselves anything. When you get to University or College you can;t hand in Essays that state things like "I thnk dat Hamlet wuz kool!"... They're getting used to typing like that, and it will make having to think and type in proper English a real chore.

As for using it on a message board...I think that if you want people to take you seriously in your request for help you should make it as easy as possible for them to understand.

As for all of the people who responded to the original post saying that they're a teen and they're mature, no matter how they type... I'm sorry, but it really does look immature when you spell words the way my pre-school cousin sounds them out!

What's the big deal?

In my opinion...tamagoyaki should put up with the net slang and stop attacking people's personalaties.

While the rest of us put up with tamagoyaki. :(

I'm going to have to say I side with those defending the topic author (I admit it, I'm a horrible person-- I don't remember who wrote this topic and I refuse to go back and look =P)

Due to the degeneration of English through the internet, my ex girlfriend continually got bad grades in school because of "Freudian slips" in her writing, and also it was irritating to chat with her online. She'd always be using the wrong form of "your" and "you're", as well as several other things. It made me feel like I was speaking to a child.

Anyways, yes. *Beats this dead horse yet again*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back