Webkinz!? In the newspaper!?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamagirl_Desy

Reaction score
I was scanning through the newspaper when I saw an article about Webkinz! Obviously, I was interested. So I read it:

-2.5 million people joined the Webkinz online community after buying the toy in the first year Webkinz were sold! O.O

-It's similar to Club penguin (only much safer)

-The article said that Webkinz have become a status popularity: "I have 4 and you only have 1! Ha!" "I got more than you!"

-Stores who sell Webkinz can't keep up with the buyers. Producers of the toy cannot make enough to restock shelves quick enough.

-Other things

I don't think there was bad stuff in the article, but it sure wasn't giving Webkinz a good phraise :) I was just surprised to see an article about it. Did anybody else read it/see it?

*Tgd*

:mellow: I hope that Ganz dosen't stop making Webkinz altogether! Then I wouldn't be able to get the new Webkinz coming out! I really want the dalmatian Webkinz that's coming out in March!

Are you in Toronto? If so, which newspaper did you read it in? And which page?

-Kuchipatchi-

Are you in Toronto? If so, which newspaper did you read it in? And which page?
-Kuchipatchi-
Um, not sure which newspaper but it was near the front page. It was in a medium grey box, with a picture of a girl on a laptop/computer and three Webkinz on top of it. :mellow: And no, I do not live in Toronto.

I don't think they were discussing getting rid of Webkinz all together, but they said that there were too many people buying Webkinz that sotres cannot restock them fast enough. o.o

*Tgd*

Last edited by a moderator:
Um, not sure which newspaper but it was near the front page. It was in a medium grey box, with a picture of a girl on a laptop/computer and three Webkinz on top of it. :mellow: And no, I do not live in Toronto.
I don't think they were discussing getting rid of Webkinz all together, but they said that there were too many people buying Webkinz that sotres cannot restock them fast enough. o.o

*Tgd*
So your not in Toronto.. I can't read the article then..

-Kuchipatchi-

I was scanning through the newspaper when I saw an article about Webkinz! Obviously, I was interested. So I read it:
-2.5 million people joined the Webkinz online community after buying the toy in the first year Webkinz were sold! O.O

-It's similar to Club penguin (only much safer)

-The article said that Webkinz have become a status popularity: "I have 4 and you only have 1! Ha!" "I got more than you!"

-Stores who sell Webkinz can't keep up with the buyers. Producers of the toy cannot make enough to restock shelves quick enough.

-Other things

I don't think there was bad stuff in the article, but it sure wasn't giving Webkinz a good phraise :lol: I was just surprised to see an article about it. Did anybody else read it/see it?

*Tgd*
Aha, I know what paper you are talking about, I think. I'll check if we have it. :D

Katie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back