Weird, cheap, fake, and knock-off tamas.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nyle9009

Reaction score
I'm really interested in those types of tamas! Im looking into a tamacki duck/dino! Anyone have a review?

So the main point is, what strange tamagotchis do you own? tell me about it, and pictures are very appreciated!

I recently and unknowingly purchased a fake, no idea what the heck it is or how to use it...I took it apart to use the spare parts (that were compatible) with my older Tamas.

It seems to be the only thing they're good for.

I own a tamakaci duck AND dino. They run on the Gyaoppi chipset so any gyaoppi pet reviews will suffice to give you a general idea of how they work. My biggest complaint is that although they run on a excellent chipset, the pet itself is cheap feeling and the buttons can be unresponsive. The screen also scuffs easily so use caution when throwing it in your pocket or bag. The pet is strangely lightweight and can withstand being dropped reasonable distances. Both pets poop A LOT but can withstand neglect well; the instuctions are laughable Engrish at times but they are decent enough that you can get an idea of what to expect. They're okay for the price and you actually get to play with a gyaoppi pet without paying insane amounts of money.

I can't really complain too much though since I got them both for 6 USD. Get it if you want but don't expect something jaw dropping.

Edit: Herp derp, sorry didn't know this thread was so old so I'm sorry for this comment.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a few fake Tamagotchis and from my own experience, they all have the same lame chip and they all function the same. Basically, they're just these crappy multi-pets with Digimon and some Tamagotchi and other weird characters. They all have the SAME animation. The character you pick hovers on the screen and when you feed, play, etc. it just animates as a blob. They all do it. Omg, I was so interested in fakes until I bought a few and figured they were all the same boring things! You can see a picture of one of the freaky characters I got on a thread I created here:

https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/topic/182198-comparing-the-real-to-the-fake/

Hi: here is a video about the tamakaci dino

//www.tamatalk.com/IB/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png

I own a couple of odd ones:

- some pretty demanding ones would be the dinkies (penguin, dino, etc.) they evolve every 2 days and have 3 types of evolutions wich depends on what you feed them, I really love dinkies.

- Hitorikkos are really cheap, but may seem really boring to some because they are not demanding at all, and takes neglect pretty well. they poop a lot! at least once per hour. they come in many many different shell designs and each have 4 evolutions. They are dinkies knock off versions. the pocket pals v-pets are hitorikkos as well :)

- Gyaoppys takes neglect pretty well... at least the ones that I have, which are the virtual buddy dinosaur and the 10 in 1 virtual buddy. Something I love about them is that they evolve day by day and have some cute animations.

- nano's takes a little longer to evolve, they live for about 36 days (except the nano baby). They are usually expensive when sold as a brand new item...

Anyways I hope this could help :)

I too have interest in knock offs I have four knock off dinky Dino's enroute they should be interesting to hatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back