What age/grade do you think is o.k. for dating?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, when you're about 11. This is a chart I thought up:

B=Boy, G=Girl, Age/Age (Example: B11/G10)

B11/G10

B13/G12

B16/G14

B18+/G17 -thru- 16

NOTE (EDIT): If B/G same age, thats OK too. If G older than B by few months, thats OK too.

Hope this helped!!

DTIMM

(EDIT 2: Added Post Ecmotion)

Last edited by a moderator:
first of all i do not know how u can date like at 10 or 11, but thats ur choice.

i think that 13 is a good age or higher. 13 the least and not an age younger. 'cause then ur "relationship" is more like a friendship not a boy and girlfriend relationship. plus when ur older u can handle heart breaks better (i think)

but then again who listens to a 11 year old.....right!

i mean who listens to nlopez2!

It;s not for other people to judge if you think your ready i liek year 5 then go ahead

but if your not even ready by year 7 then take it slow everyones different

B11/G10

B13/G12

B16/G14

B18+/G17 -thru- 16

NOTE (EDIT): If B/G same age, thats OK too. If G older than B by few months, thats OK too.

Hope this helped!!

DTIMM

hummm why does the boy have to be older than the girl

technically that's ........whats teh word.......Sexist but ageist oh well

it doesn't matyter what age each of them are

B11/G10

B13/G12

B16/G14

B18+/G17 -thru- 16

Hope this helped!!

DTIMM

Chart? o.o No. 16 year old boys are only allowed to date someone 14 or their own age? Lawl.

Also, the bolded one would be considered illegal. Once a person is 18, legally they're only allowed to date people 18+ If anything were to happen between a person of 18 years and somebody under, it'd be considered statutory rape.

Also, girls don't need to be younger or 'a few months older'. So long as it's legal, age is just a number. By no means does a guy need to be older than a girl. My friend's parents are 10 years apart, and her mom is older than her dad.

Age =/= Love.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well to me it's not really what age you are, it's if you're ready or mature enough to handle a relationship. But for the average person, I'd say about age 17 is the right time. :eek:

I'd say about 15 or so, but this is really up to you, and it's your friend's choice whether they date or not, not mine, lol!!!!

*R-M* :eek:

i would say wen u feel ready! i hav a bf (lol) and a subway is right down the street from our scool and we always go down there together! it really fun. lol

but i really say wen u feel ready

Heyy, i had my first bf when i was in pre school, and i think that you can start dating then if you want because me and my bf were serious then, we walked to school together and held hands, kissed and hugged. Alos my friends parents have been together since kinder garten, so you never really know. i hope i helped??

Umm...I guess whenever you're ready and when you think you're mature enough to have an actual relationship. I guess 14 and older is okay...13 might be a little young. I'm 13 and almost everyone in my grade has a girlfriend/boyfriend...I don't though. I can't find anyone that is actually serious enough to have a relationship that lasts more than a few days. :) Ah well. I guess we all find our special someone at some point in our lives...It's just going to take a lot of waiting...And a good share of heartbreaks too. :lol:

When ever you feel ready. Heh ,I'm 20 and I don't have crush!

Camelle
Haha. That's funny. You being twenty and all. xP

I have a huge crush on someone who has a huge crush on someone else.. the hard part is moving on even when you have to see their faces every single day.. rawr..

I'm only 11. Personally I think that's too young. The first day people at my school are going out they are already saying "omg i luv u so much (name here)<33333333" Blah.. our school needs to grow up.

Someone has a crush on me but I don't have a crush on him. In fact, I absoultly HATE him and his stupid,dumb, idiodic (Sp.?) ways. I wish I could somehow get away from the likes of him. He's 20, too. He is very short and an in a way, geeky. I'm like 5'6"and he is 5'. He is so annoying and dweeby, and Mandy hates him too. We've known him since high school and we hated him then, too. We shoved in his locker 50 times in 1 year. Me and Mandy still hate for annoyying us. As a coinidence, Many moved to Seattle too ( I don't know how that happened.) He has a crush on Mandy, too, and she hates him, same situation I am in. Anyone else in a simalar ituation?

Camelle.

I'm hesitant to say "You shouldn't date before*this age* because of this reason...and this reason....." and so on.

If you have a boyfriend/girlfriend innocently in your younger years, it's no big deal. Obviously, people that age are not going to plan their weddings, and don't really take it that seriously. It basically helps you develop a wider range of social skills as you grow.

If you have a more serious boyfriend/girlfriend in your teenage years, sure ,you're going to get your heart broken at times, and it's rarely going to be easy...but everyone goes through it. As long as you enter the dating world knowing this will most likely happen, it's just another part of almost everyone's life.

Often, the older you are, the more crushing it is when you get your heart broken. Trust me, it's very difficult to deal with, but it's something everyone goes through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back