What are you reading now?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read all the time or at least try to read all the time. Hahaha. Right now I'm reading "East Lynne" by Ellen Wood. It's just one of the books in a stack that I want to read in December.

Aah, I also finally picked up a couple of books since my last post! 

I'm reading I Want To Eat Your Pancres by Yoru Sumino! It's still a recent purchase, but so far it's pretty interesting. Just from the beginning, I could tell it was going to be a sad one, so I've been prepping myself for an emotional ending.

I also bought The Nine Lives of Alexander Baddenfield! Heard it was a pretty dark story about a kid who commits suicide over and over, due to obtaining the 9 lives of his cat and making a swap/trade. The art in the book was pretty to look at, and it sounded cool!

Oh! I know and have a book like that. It's called "A Wolf Called Wander" and it's about a wolf whose pack got killed by an enemy pack, and so he has to travel thousands of miles to find another wolf to make a pack. DO NOT READ!!!!!!! It is super sad in some places and in some parts, I've even cried. But hi Kurb, I am always reading new books and am aalllwwaayyss open to new book suggestions.

Nothing at the moment but I’m hoping for the book “ hamilton, the revolution” by lin-Manuel Miranda ( I’m a hamilfan)
I like how you said "Hamilfan" HAHAHAHAHA!

View attachment 374

Last edited by a moderator:
The Infinite Loops.

Basically, something screwed up a tree-computer, and all the fictional universes start Looping (which means that they get to a certain point and then reset) as a fail-safe while the Admins try and fix Yggdrasil (the aforementioned tree-computer.) It is all kinds of fun reading the different Loops. I might have to see if I can join SpaceBattles and get a Tamagotchi anime loop started up!

Currently rereading the Harry Potter series and now I'm approximately 90 pages into The Chamber of Secrets, my favourite of the series :^) I'm also gradually getting through a huge whack of manga volumes (I used to exclusively read scanlations but have lately chosen to purchase some of my favourite series to hopefully reread several times throughout my life). On the bookshelf at the moment is the first volumes of Pokemon Adventures, Natsume's Book of Friends, Rin-ne, Black Butler, and volume 4 of Fullmetal Alchemist (it's a 3-in-1 version so technically I have volumes 4-6). I'm also planning to read the second volume of ChocoMimi, which is an obscure, lighthearted, and ridiculously girly 4-koma style manga (I just love it's aesthetic). With the exception of ChocoMimi and Fullmetal Alchemist, I've read quite a bit of those other manga so I could be considered to be rereading them.

I am currently reading the truncated "Loot Crate Edition" of a book called The Legion of Regrettable Supervillains. I picked it up in 2018's post-Christmas sales, as a cheap item for a custom villains-themed advent calendar that I made for myself for 2019, and it's proving to be a really good laugh so far.

What other book covers the careers of failed supervillains like Brickbat and Bloor, Dictator of Uranus, anyway? :lol: (No, really, I'd love to know!)

I just started Tales of the Peculiar by Ransom Riggs. It's a side book from the Miss Peregrin series, and very entertaining! It's been a nice break from my usual language and mythology studies.

I'm currently reading Rocket Raccoon: Guardian of the Keystone Quadrant.

Ukc6YGO.jpg

It's part of the Marvel Pocket Books series, and it collects the original 1985 mini-series that introduced the character, along with some other stories, therefore showcasing the original works that were adapted when they created the Marvel Cinematic Universe version of Rocket Raccoon. The original comic-book version of Rocket is very different, and it's interesting to see what got built upon for the movie version, and what was left behind.

Latest posts

Back