What are your fears?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a lot. I am like walking paranoid-ness.

*Tornadoes

*Thunderstorms (Also fear of thunderstorms leading to tornadoes)

*Spiders

*Heights (Hardly anyone knows this, I try to endure heights)

*Death

*Drowning

*Kidnappers

*Drugs (The illegal kind, not prescription kinds, not really a fear but I'll put it down anyways)

*Needles

*Being home alone (Even though I'm alone A LOT!)

There's more where that came from.......

I don't really know. I don't think I have any REAL fears.. you know, the ones that are supposed to cause anxiety and force you to change your lifestyle..

I have a hate of being touched around the neck, one of my friends nearly choked me in the pool in my backyard (and I exaggerate this- when I was actually getting into the real trouble I just flat out kicked her and got away.) I think that's pretty normal, to have a slight fear of choking. I dunno, but it seems rather like common sense.

It's what I don't have a problem with that I think makes me unique- I have no fear whatsoever of bees and a minimal fear of spiders. Last night there was a spider in my shower, so I picked it up and put it on the stair rail. I don't like it when they're crawling in a frenzy on me, but I didn't really think people liked other things crawling on them. As for bees, well, I can tell the difference between a bee and a wasp, and believe me, I know which one I don't like. You know from the previous paragraph that I have a pool; sometimes I'll walk around the edges of it and save drowning bugs. And I never got why people were afraid of bats. They're cute.

However, I do not like ants. The other day my dad wanted some lemons for apricot jam (mmmm :9 ) so I went out and grabbed a lemon. Turns out that lemon had ants swarming all over it. I freaked, threw down the lemon, wiped my hand on my shirt numerous times and went inside and scrubbed my hands very, very clean.

I guess things have to even out in the end, and my bigger fear is that I fail in life and am forced to work at macdonalds at minimum wage.

Also, you have absolutly no right whatsoever to question someone as to why they are afraid of something. It's not something where you go, "Hey, I think I'm going to be scared of horses now!" or "You know what? I love horses now, I'm not scared of them."

/EDIT: Oh, and I'm scared of giving birth to a child with a mental defect. I HATE dealing with small children. What would I do if my child was stuck in a state of childhood? It would ruin my marriage, ruin the rest of my life, my family wouldn't support me, and I don't know WHAT I would do. (And yes, I do have a fairly good reason for being so worried. But that's personal stuff that isn't for the internet. <3 )

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, you have absolutly no right whatsoever to question someone as to why they are afraid of something. It's not something where you go, "Hey, I think I'm going to be scared of horses now!" or "You know what? I love horses now, I'm not scared of them."
It's not like I'm forcing someone to answer- I was just wondering. If it's some person thing that made you fear something or someone and you don't want to share you don't have to.

Some people fear things for different reasons- you had a friend try to choke you, that's a reason. I'm not afraid of choking because, well I'm just not. It's not a concern of mine [although it IS unpleasent, obviously].

Some fears are just kind of there- like my knives thing. I don't know why, I can stand pocket knives and such, just not sharp kitchen knives. I realize that, but it could have been something like I dropped a knife on my foot cutting off my toe so I fear it.

Or, someone may fear bees because they have had an alergic reaction to them. It may not be the case, but it could be and that's what I was asking.

Not like "how" in that sense, like "how are you afraid of them" but "how could you dislike watermelon? It tastes great!!" Whats the word.. retorical question?

I don't directly reply to stuff. Usually people end up yelling at me (if you haven't noticed by now...) for saying that kind of stuff. So usually the person who I am talking to doesn't notice and the OP thinks I'm talking to them.. which I wasn't. (I'm also sick and grumpy >:U bllllaaarrrgghh)

Phobias or fears can be alot of things. Someone I used to work with was afraid of canalope and Honey Due Melons. o_O Might not make sense to me but for her its a Phobia.

PockyGirl's Phobia List:

Vomit, Vomiting, and other people vomiting

Spiders

Bees

Wasps

Being alone

My parents dying

Talking on the phone

I think I've got problems. I once touched a shirt that had puke on it without knowing it and I must have washed my hands ten times after that. I my mind I KNEW it was gone after the first handwashing but I was so grossed out. I also go into full blown panic if a spider, bee, or wasp is around or on me. I can rescue Japanese beetles and hold preyMantis with no fear at all but can't handle the three listed creepy crawlies.

I have many, but my main ones are:

Slugs - I just hate them. Once I accidentally touched one, and i was screaming and scrubbing my hand vigorously for at least half an hour.

Snails - I used to love them when I was younger, but now i feel uncomfortable and nervous whenever I see one.

Dogs - I was chased by a big one when I was little.

Bees.... I dunno why, but they just scare me. Evetytime I see one, I go nuts- apperntly, it's funny when I do. ^_^

My list....

automatic toilets

cockroaches

tamagotchi glitches- because seeing a beloved thing messed-up is scary ^_^

balloons-i dunno...i always cover my ears when i see one :D

I don't really know. I don't think I have any REAL fears.. you know, the ones that are supposed to cause anxiety and force you to change your lifestyle..
I have a hate of being touched around the neck, one of my friends nearly choked me in the pool in my backyard (and I exaggerate this- when I was actually getting into the real trouble I just flat out kicked her and got away.) I think that's pretty normal, to have a slight fear of choking. I dunno, but it seems rather like common sense.

It's what I don't have a problem with that I think makes me unique- I have no fear whatsoever of bees and a minimal fear of spiders. Last night there was a spider in my shower, so I picked it up and put it on the stair rail. I don't like it when they're crawling in a frenzy on me, but I didn't really think people liked other things crawling on them. As for bees, well, I can tell the difference between a bee and a wasp, and believe me, I know which one I don't like. You know from the previous paragraph that I have a pool; sometimes I'll walk around the edges of it and save drowning bugs. And I never got why people were afraid of bats. They're cute.

However, I do not like ants. The other day my dad wanted some lemons for apricot jam (mmmm :9 ) so I went out and grabbed a lemon. Turns out that lemon had ants swarming all over it. I freaked, threw down the lemon, wiped my hand on my shirt numerous times and went inside and scrubbed my hands very, very clean.

I guess things have to even out in the end, and my bigger fear is that I fail in life and am forced to work at macdonalds at minimum wage.

/EDIT: Oh, and I'm scared of giving birth to a child with a mental defect. I HATE dealing with small children. What would I do if my child was stuck in a state of childhood? It would ruin my marriage, ruin the rest of my life, my family wouldn't support me, and I don't know WHAT I would do. (And yes, I do have a fairly good reason for being so worried. But that's personal stuff that isn't for the internet. <3 )
I totally agree. Bats are ADORABLE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back