What did I just buy?! Strange tamagotchi casing.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awww man. I think I'm going to try and contact the seller or something to see if there's something I should know about the batteries. I've tried like every possible combination of battery variations, as well as AG12s and 11s and whatnot! Unfortunately Dad's the one who's most annoyed, saying that I'm not buying any more tamagotchi "rubbish" just because this one doesn't seem to want to play ball. :( He'll cool off, though. I hope.

Anyway. Right. Took some pictures with my rather scrappy Nokia.... Not the best of quality, but I hope you get the general idea!

2hqur0p.jpg

Tilt yo' head to the left, people! This is how small the tama is compared to my hand. Hmm yes, ew, ignore my hand actually!

rm8pqp.jpg

Here are the batteries I'm using right now. They were actually priced well at only 99p at Morrisons!

29ngo6d.jpg

Here's the side, as you can see it's pretty much the same size as normal tamas...

And the IR port looks okay too:

kds5dt.jpg

My Nemesis the battery compartment...........

zo7zow.jpg

Battery cover:

107ozdj.jpg

Circuit motherboard:

5l0ymx.jpg

Closer look:

nygvev.jpg

Anddd taking apart the other side....

2nb55l0.jpg

2akb3w5.jpg

My photography skill level with a pixely camera? 0.

But yeah. Hope you got to even see those pictures xD

Try to clean those battery contacts? Then maybe the bubbly things next to them. Never know what age can do to something like that. Just about everytime I clean my own, I get something off the contacts. I just use a Qtip/cotton ball and rub, sometimes a toothpick too.

Are the battery contacts loose? They don't look "right". One seems to be higher than the other. And they appear slightly corroded. I'd do what Sailor Rosette suggested, and see if that helps. And I'd definitely contact the seller.

Might I suggest trying to get the battery contacts to stick out higher as well? They may not be making good contact with the batteries, especially that one that looks lower than the other one.

You can try using a contact reactivator spray, may also help :) what was the seller's feedback? It looks like he didn't prove to be reliable...try contacting him but if he sold you a non working fake telling you it was a working v2 I doubt he will answer...

Fingers crossed you get it working, Gotchi. It might also be worth checking that the contacts and the insides of the casing are completely clean and making a proper connection, depending how this one is constructed.

EDIT

Oh, sorry. Turns out I've missed a whole extra page of posts where people have already suggested such methods.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, I'll try cleaning the plates and see if they're loose, hold on...

And arg, I emailed the seller and she said that "it was in working order before [she] sent it" and I'm to return it and she'll refund me.

But I don't want to return it; I only want it to work!!

What am I supposed to do? I don't want to be stuck with a really interesting tamagotchi that doesn't work but at the same time I really like it and I can find nothing like it anywhere else.

I JUST WANT IT TO WORK D:

Ummm... Help?! :(

EDIT: I cleaned the battery plates/contact, to no avail. :( I'm beginning to wonder whether the batteries I'm using aren't the right ones?

The seller 'couldn't remember' which ones she used. And yet it was in working condition, so what went on there?

My AG13, as I said, didn't fit. AG12s did, though.

Any battery-alternatives I can try before Dad forces me to send it back? XD

Some older ones use 352 or 356 357 not remembering the last number.... But simply, LR44.

The front green side... The inners. You see the things on spokes? You clean those? Or scrape those at all? Like the left side and right side if the screen. Left might need a clean... Not sure. Sometimes cleaning those helps. Maybe the top circuts too, those seem discolored. Anything that is metal and looks brownish or not regular coloring (silver) may need too be cleaned yet. The circuts should look copper/goldish.

Yeah, clean all those soldered connections on all components. Maybe there is a component that is bad, such as a chip or a capacitor. Look at all connections, and make sure nothing is loose. What is that piece of tape doing in there? That can cause static damage that you can't detect without test equipment.

I've not seen one of those in a few years. Gosh, this is unfortunately one of those fakes that came out in the V1 and V2 era.

See what you can do to get it to work but I'd not imagine it would. As you have seen, the quality is terrible. I hope you didn't pay more than $10 for it. Remember, you get what you pay for. :mellow:

If you can post a couple of pictures, that would be nice. I only bought a couple of the very first fake ones when they came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back