What do you think about

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

furawatchi girl

Reaction score
Title says it all. I think barbie tells kids and you have to have a waist smaller then your head, you have to wear makeup, and dressing the way she does is the way to get anything you want. I think that if somone really had barbie's measurments they would be ugly. My little cousin just got the pregnant barbie that simply makes me sick. What makes me sick is that she looks P-E-R-F-E-C-T while having a baby. Although some people think she gives a good image to kids. If i had a kid that wanted to play with them i would i guess...maybe. If this topic is not allowed please close it. :eek: Please no flaming.

~Reanna

Barbies are fine to me! They are perfectly cool! When I was little I got the pregnat barbie and I thought it was cool! It taught me when I was little where babies where when they were about to be born! Barbies are berfectly fine! And you should be talking about this on tamatalk.

I understand what you're saying, and to a certain extent it's true - Barbies are sending a message you gotta be perfect to make it in the world, and that if you are perfect, than your set.

However, would you want to play with regular people dolls? Go outside and wait for the next person to walk by your house. Go on google and enter a random search term, and look at the first face of a person you see. Would you want that on your doll? You're definitely right - the message barbies send isn't good. And perhaps all those pooping babies toys contradict my theory, but I think that if mattel/barbie company wants to make money, they gotta make barbies thin and "perfect." And that's why they do.

Last edited by a moderator:
You both have great points. :eek: My cousin does love the pregnant barbie, and it is cute, but i think that barbies give an unrealistic messege.

~Reanna

Barbies dont give a bad influence to young girls. Bratz do.

I dont really like Barbie,the same with Bratz.In fact, I dont really like the dolls these days.If I had children, I wouldn't let them play with those things.I mean pregnant Barbie? Come on!!! Do you really want your kid or anyone else playing with that! I saw a little girl once,who had a pregnant Barbie, came up to her mom and said she wanted a baby. I mean, THAT IS MESSED UP! And Bratz, their show is seriously wack. It talks about boys,fashion proms, and all that other stuff. And they think it's OK! Well I think it's not. Imagine a little girl, wanting a boyfriend and wanting a baby. I know a 13 yr. girl influenced by that, she wears sooo much makeup, she looks like Ronald McDonald, she wear stuff not really intended for a 13 yr. old to wear, and she's dating! That is messed. Imagine where she will be in a couple of years.

I don't think being plastic is actually fantastic. :eek:

I think that barbies and Bratz are horrlible influences on people. It seems that they want you to be perfect and to have the perfect body. When I have kids I will not let them play with that. I don't want them to get the wrong message about how the world is supposed to feel.

barbies are extremely inapropreat (sp)!!!!!!!!! they show boobs and sometimes don't come with underwear. the biibs are also larger then the head almost!!!! ewwwwwwwwwwwww

also......... its mathamaticly proven that if barbie were alive she would die withen 1 minute, and collapse from overweight boobs.....mind my language please

I understand what you're saying, and to a certain extent it's true - Barbies are sending a message you gotta be perfect to make it in the world, and that if you are perfect, than your set.
However, would you want to play with regular people dolls? Go outside and wait for the next person to walk by your house. Go on google and enter a random search term, and look at the first face of a person you see. Would you want that on your doll? You're definitely right - the message barbies send isn't good. And perhaps all those pooping babies toys contradict my theory, but I think that if mattel/barbie company wants to make money, they gotta make barbies thin and "perfect." And that's why they do.
Ditto.

Took the words right out of my keyboard!

barbies are extremely inapropreat (sp)!!!!!!!!! they show boobs and sometimes don't come with underwear. the biibs are also larger then the head almost!!!! ewwwwwwwwwwwww

also......... its mathamaticly proven that if barbie were alive she would die withen 1 minute, and collapse from overweight boobs.....mind my language please
Well you have to give her SOME shape.

Nobody is as flat as a board.

Plus, it's not like they are in great detail.

Well you have to give her SOME shape.Nobody is as flat as a board.

Plus, it's not like they are in great detail.
..............................but they don't have to make them so darn [SIZE=14pt]LARGE[/SIZE]

its really gross..............

also they have BOY barbie dolls with no underwear!!! ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

and the boy ones DO have detail!!! ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Barbies dont give a bad influence to young girls. Bratz do.
well bratz sometimes cause they always r talking about frendship and sharing stuff.but how they dress...OMG,with the little mini skirts and tiny shirts...oooo*shivers*

well bratz not realy cause they always be talking about frendship and stuff.but how they dress...OMG,withthe little mini skirts and tiny shirts...oooo*shivers*
actually the movies are fine but the dolls sometimes have thongs..................

Boys avert thine eyes!!! way to wrong for you to read!!!

To me, Barbie sets a bad example for girls. She's supposed to be the role model of what perfect is. The truth is, nobody can get that way. I don't look a darn thing like Barbie; I'm a redhead (auburn, not bright red), very short-haired, and a little on the chunky side, but if someone else had a body like mine, they shouldn't feel bad about themselves, and for me, Barbie kind of reinforces that it's bad to be even a little big.

I find Barbie to be a little "unrealistic" and has changed alot over the years. I used to play with Barbie dolls in big princess dresses, or pretty african american Barbies dressed in cowboy outfits. But now I find they are dressed in skimpy outfits and have 45 degree curves, as well as weird gimics like "Fairy Topia". Like come on, is that what Barbie is really about?

Barbie used to be dolls, normal pretty dolls to show young kids it's okay to be you. The dolls were dressed in nice coustumes unlike the ones that there is now. Sure, who would want to play with an ugly doll, but having a stomach that is anerexic flat, breasts that are too big, and too perfect of faces. I know the company needs money, but selling more realistic dolls that teach kids they don't have to be like Barbie or anyone else would be better.

I know I'd buy one if they were to send that kind of message.

did u know that barbies used to be all human looking. one were anywhere close to perfect. they didn't have over sized boobs and always had underwear also there face was just the types u would see on people!! but then they got all fashion and perfect. (sigh) they were so great not perfect.

did u know that barbies used to be all human looking. one were anywhere close to perfect. they didn't have over sized boobs and always had underwear also there face was just the types u would see on people!! but then they got all fashion and perfect. (sigh) they were so great not perfect.
Agreed. Barbies were great until they got retardedly perfect.

It sickens me now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back