What do you think of us..as humans

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

angicy

Reaction score
I know sorta wierd. But, when I take it into consideration...the Earth can only last so long with being paluted, and the trees slowly being cut down. There are only so many trees, and animals. As you probably know the poler bears are dying... when we are older will we tell our kids.."When I was your age, Polar Bears were still alive." Also, when I think aboiut it, I don't even know if the sky will still be blue. What if it is gross from polution. This is a problem we should solve

I had a class that taught me about green technology and environmentally friendly stuff. I learned that we use ALOT of water and electricity and stuff. Also, the gas prices are going to be almost 5 dollars per gallon this summer!

Man made global warming is a myth. We should protect our enviromnent, but with carbon dioxide is a bad thing and blah blah blah, but actually, no carbon dioxide no plants. No plants, no oxygen. No oxygen no life.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay angicy! But i don't think I'll state my comments....WAY to negative.

Yay! finally a topic like this!

i do think we can do much better than we are doing now.

i do believe in man-made global warming and such.

we got to protect the earth because it is our one and only home.♥

I mean, honestly. There are food riots going on in Egypt and many other fairly rich countries and some poor countries, because all of the arid land is going to make ethanol fuel.

They're even rationing rice here, believe it or not.

Ethanol fuel is not efficient, or better for the environment, because humans actually play a necessary part in the world,

Ethonal is the corn gas, right? Yeah, evidently it's not even that efficient. It takes so much energy to grow the corn and uses a lot of land plus it doesn't work as well as gasoline as well.

Okay no one tell me to cite this- my dad told me and he would know as he works for a huge power plant/oil company and if anybody, yes, he would know.

[SIZE=7pt]I believe that it's a very slow process that results in humans destroying our Earth.[/SIZE]

Take this as an example:

The other day, me and my family were driving around, and we spotted two girls (that I knew already) littering and dumping trash around. My dad, very embarrasingly, honked his horn at them, (as I was hiding so they would'nt see me :D ) and they finally stopped. Thank goodness.

We think that one little piece of garbage that we litter isn't enough to trash the whole town, but if everyone starts thinking that, you'd be surprised how dirty that town could eventually get.

And littering is only an example.

There's gases and fumes, chemicals, and other gross stuff.

But there's some good things being done.

Our school has an Eco-team, and they collect garbage from the local parks every week.

Not every human in the world is destroying our earth.

Only the ones that choose/want to.

We have to protect our world: It's a real gift to us.

And just because we won't be around when the world gets older and older doesn't mean that we can't take part in helping the earth. :rolleyes: It's not a huge task. Every little thing counts.

*edited*

I know what you mean about the deforestation thing. My family lives in front of a construction zone. About eight to ten years ago, my family would go on walks and have picnics in the woods. I didn't really like them that much but now I see how much I should have cared. I still go on walks in the woods but I have to go through the construction site and hope they don't notice me.

Also if you're wondering what they're building behind my house they're making a cul-de-sac.

[SIZE=7pt]I believe that it's a very slow process that results in humans destroying our Earth.[/SIZE]Take this as an example:

The other day, me and my family were driving around, and we spotted two girls (that I knew already) littering and dumping trash around. My dad, very embarrasingly, honked his horn at them, (as I was hiding so they would'nt see me :huh: ) and they finally stopped. Thank goodness.

We think that one little piece of garbage that we litter isn't enough to trash the whole town, but if everyone starts thinking that, you'd be surprised how dirty that town could eventually get.

And littering is only an example.

There's gases and fumes, chemicals, and other gross stuff.

But there's some good things being done.

Our school has an Eco-team, and they collect garbage from the local parks every week.

Not every human in the world is destroying our earth.

Only the ones that choose/want to.

We have to protect our world: It's a real gift to us.

And just because we won't be around when the world gets older and older doesn't mean that we can't take part in helping the earth. :huh: It's not a huge task. Every little thing counts.

*edited*
-nodnod-

good post **UrItChI**.

yes. everything helps...

if we keep living the way we do, we could technically end the earth...

-nodnod-
good post **UrItChI**.

yes. everything helps...

if we keep living the way we do, we could technically end the earth...
[SIZE=7pt]Well thank you! :lol: [/SIZE]

Yeah, it's true, it's not a big deal to pick up a little bit of trash, or join an Eco-team. Where mine is, we only meet once a week during school hours. It's not that hard, and you feel really good about helping out.

[SIZE=7pt]Well thank you! :lol: [/SIZE]
Yeah, it's true, it's not a big deal to pick up a little bit of trash, or join an Eco-team. Where mine is, we only meet once a week during school hours. It's not that hard, and you feel really good about helping out.
Haha, I do that in my school!

We take turns as a class and go down to the park and pick up litter.

^Same here ^.^

Anyway I do think this planet is being destroyed by us. While we're sitting on our computers, watching TV, going in our cars, etc animals in the Arctic are DYING thanks to all the global warming we're causing. Not to mention the people hunting endangered species that doesn't help much. Sometimes when I'm in bed I wish humans never existed then the world would be fine. But then I feel bad for thinking that. I hate global warming >.<

I believe in the whole global warming thing, BUT that isn't the only thing that we are doing to destroy ourselves. There is the whole sucking dry of earth's natural resources, the unnecessary wars, the slowly collapsing economy will eventually lead into human extinction. There is the other factors of space becoming our demise (e.g. meteors/comets, flash things that the name slipped my mind, black holes.) Pretty grim, but nothing we can do to stop it.

I believe in the whole global warming thing, BUT that isn't the only thing that we are doing to destroy ourselves. There is the whole sucking dry of earth's natural resources, the unnecessary wars, the slowly collapsing economy will eventually lead into human extinction. There is the other factors of space becoming our demise (e.g. meteors/comets, flash things that the name slipped my mind, black holes.) Pretty grim, but nothing we can do to stop it.
But there IS.

The colapsing economy. You know why that is? Because typical blue collar work got taken away and given to illegal immigrants. People WILL do those jobs, but the greedy bussinesses want more bang for the buck, and you pay fifty cents an hour to an illegal immigrant from mexico, and they go home with 400 american dollars than they'll be sitting pretty on a large stack of money. Its ludacris that almost anything you buy at walmart is made in China by literally slave labor.

But there IS.
The colapsing economy. You know why that is? Because typical blue collar work got taken away and given to illegal immigrants. People WILL do those jobs, but the greedy bussinesses want more bang for the buck, and you pay fifty cents an hour to an illegal immigrant from mexico, and they go home with 400 american dollars than they'll be sitting pretty on a large stack of money. Its ludacris that almost anything you buy at walmart is made in China by literally slave labor.
That isn't the only thing. The weakening of the dollar can potentially devastate the US taking it from one of the most powerful country to a second or even third world country where the high class (rich) are the only ones living a semi luxurious life, while others will be busting their....behinds trying to support a family.

*facepalm..*

The earth is not your mother, your mother is.

If we were to all disappear tomorrow, plants and trees would quickly take over. I would not worry too much about what we are doing.

The civilized world for the most part is doing pretty well to keep things clean and moving along nicely.

We do have problems in developing countries like China and India. You should focus your concerns tward them and countries like them.

Your liberal schools are really pushing this annoying thinking on you too much. It only gets worse in college. :)

Take care of your part. Use less energy, behave yourself enviornmentally. All will be well.

Think tward the future. Develop new ways to produce energy. I have a feeling electric and Hydrogen fuel is the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back