What does your name mean?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jasmine means

A Flower In The Olive Family

Origin: Persian

but my thai (actully chinese but I mam from thailand) nickname is ming and it means small pleasure

I'm not small and I'm not always a pleasure and I'm not sure if I smell nice but I like olives so um ....

Last edited by a moderator:
GRACE

Usage: English

Pronounced: GRAYS [key]

From the English word grace, which ultimately derives from Latin gratia. This was one of the virtue names created in the 17th century by the Puritans. The actress Grace Kelly (1929-1982) was a famous bearer.

Well the word "grace" obviously means graceful and I'm the clumsiest person ever and I also swear quite a lot so no, it doesn't exactly fit my personality.

My name means Star in Hebrew.

Therefore, it fits VERY well with my personality thank you. xD

Joking. But I do like my name's meaning. And the fact that it comes from a Biblical queen is pretty cool too.

Sydney means:

Contraction Of St. Denys

What the heck is that??

EDIT:

I looked at another website and it said Sydney means wide meadow. I'm a wide meadow now?? O__O

All I could get out of any website was that my name, Nicoletta, is the feminine form of Nicholas. I guess that means I should look up what Nicholas means, but since I'm lazy I don't think I will. xD

EDIT: I changed my mind. Here's the meaning of Nicholas:

NICHOLAS

Usage: English, French

Pronounced: NIK-ə-ləs (English), nee-ko-LA (French) [key]

From the Greek name Νικολαος (Nikolaos) which meant "victory of the people" from Greek νικη (nike) "victory" and λαος (laos) "people". Saint Nicholas was a 4th-century bishop from Anatolia who, according to legend, saved the daughters of a poor man from lives of prostitution. He is the patron saint of children, sailors and merchants, as well as Greece and Russia. He formed the basis for the figure known as Santa Claus (created in the 19th century from Dutch Sinterklaas), the bringer of Christmas presents.

Due to the renown of the saint, this name has been widely used in the Christian world. It has been common in England since the 12th century, though it became a bit less popular after the Protestant Reformation. The name has been borne by five popes and two czars of Russia.

So, I'm named after Santa Claus... how nice. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back